Goose Creek uses free throws to top Sumter

A forum for Boys and Girls High School Basketball in South Carolina.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

The Item (Sumter) | SCNow.com

FLORENCE — Sumter High School limited Goose Creek standout Dantez Bennamon to just two field goals and the entire Gator team to just 11 in the Class 4A boys basketball lower state championship game at Florence Civic Center on Friday.

However, SHS couldn’t keep Bennamon or the Gators from getting to the free throw line.

Goose Creek hit 33 of 36 free throws – Bennamon being perfect on all 19 of his attempts – as it won 57-47 to advance to the state championship game next Friday at Colonial Life Arena in Columbia.

<Excerpt - full article at the headline link.>

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Goose Creek uses free throws to top Sumter

Post by SF Band dad »

LOWER STATE NOTEBOOK: Missed title in football motivates Goose Creek player
Lou Bezjak | Morning News | SCNow.com

FLORENCE — Goose Creek’s Dontez Bennamon remembers missing out on a chance to play for a football state championship but will have the opportunity to play for one in basketball. <snip>

“I am playing for all my football teammates,” Bennamon said. “We are trying to win a state championship for them.”

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Defense puts Irmo in state title game
Akilah Imani Nelson | The State

GREENVILLE — On Friday at the Bi-Lo Center, Irmo battered the Hillcrest Rams 63-49 to advance to the Class 4A state championship game for the second time in three years.

“So far through 28 games, our guys have met every challenge,” coach Tim Whipple said of his undefeated Yellow Jackets. “Now, we’ve gotten to the point we wanted to be, and now the last game will define our season.”

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

I haven't seen either team this season. In fact, i've never seen GC play. I have seen Irmo several times over the years. Tim Whipple is a very good coach. He always has a well disciplined team. I expect the Yellow Jackets to win.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.