Greenwood/Laurens

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Greenwood/Laurens

Post by northside knight »

Lot of negativity after the Woodmont win. "WOODMONT WIN". Time for the golden eagles to go punch um in the mouth and prove the doubters wrong. let's go baby!

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Greenwood/Laurens

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Greenwood should win this one.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Greenwood should win this game!!! Greenwood cannot afford to play conservative against Laurens or they will lose this ballgame.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

this may be a close game.CHRIS should have stayed at ninety six.
coach J.R. BOYD left LAMAR for LAURENS back in 2005 and 2006.
had 2 losing seasons.he said LAMAR had more talented kids than
LAURENS and he went back to LAMAR.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

96fanatic wrote:this may be a close game.CHRIS should have stayed at ninety six.
coach J.R. BOYD left LAMAR for LAURENS back in 2005 and 2006.
had 2 losing seasons.he said LAMAR had more talented kids than
LAURENS and he went back to LAMAR.
If it is, it proves we've got to change something. I don't know what, but something. Hillcrest doubled them up and Myrtle Beach killed them. Got to get back to competing for titles. At the least, winning region.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

eagle93 wrote: If it is, it proves we've got to change something. I don't know what, but something. Hillcrest doubled them up and Myrtle Beach killed them. Got to get back to competing for titles. At the least, winning region.
According to the Box Score on MaxPreps (occasionally correct), Laurens led the game with Hillcrest 24-20 heading into the 4th quarter.
:arrow: http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football- ... &schoolid=
So, that game may have been closer than the final score would lead you to believe?

Myrtle Beach looks like a team to watch out for at the 4A level.
They have a Power 5 D1 Qb commit that is going to South Carolina.
So far they have drilled everyone they've played.
We'll know more about them after their game against Hartsville on 09/28.

Good Luck to your Eagles.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
eagle93 wrote: If it is, it proves we've got to change something. I don't know what, but something. Hillcrest doubled them up and Myrtle Beach killed them. Got to get back to competing for titles. At the least, winning region.
According to the Box Score on MaxPreps (occasionally correct), Laurens led the game with Hillcrest 24-20 heading into the 4th quarter.
So, that game may have been closer than the final score would lead you to believe?

It was close around half, but Laurens allowed 20+ points in the 4th. Porter made adjustments. That's what he does when something isn't working. He is very creative. My point is a traditional Greenwood team has never really struggled with Laurens and was always highly likely to win the region title. Our defense is stout, but we cannot be too conservative on offense. Coach Liner is from Greenwood and really wanted the job when Pippin got it. He is going to continue to throw everything at them to prove he should've been chosen. I don't think anyone can blame him for that. I like Pippin, but I think he needs to throw on a nice Greenwood golf shirt and coach with an open mind. Open the book up, coach loose not stressed. Long sleeved shirt and tie has to be uncomfortable in this weather.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

eagle93 wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:

It was close around half, but Laurens allowed 20+ points in the 4th. Porter made adjustments. That's what he does when something isn't working. He is very creative. My point is a traditional Greenwood team has never really struggled with Laurens and was always highly likely to win the region title. Our defense is stout, but we cannot be too conservative on offense. Coach Liner is from Greenwood and really wanted the job when Pippin got it. He is going to continue to throw everything at them to prove he should've been chosen. I don't think anyone can blame him for that. I like Pippin, but I think he needs to throw on a nice Greenwood golf shirt and coach with an open mind. Open the book up, coach loose not stressed. Long sleeved shirt and tie has to be uncomfortable in this weather.
GREENWOOD also turned down coach NICKELS from ABBEVILLE.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

96fanatic wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:

GREENWOOD also turned down coach NICKELS from ABBEVILLE.
Yes they did, and you see what's going on there. He was an assistant coach at Greenwood back in my days. One of the best we had. I'm not saying that they're better coaches than Pippin, but I do believe they would be more open to listening and making changes. Sometimes you have to. Cathcart changed the whole offense to compliment the strength of the players. I didn't like it at first, but it was successful immediately. He was willing to change if something wasn't working. That's all I'd like to see in Pippin. He's a great guy. And find a way to connect to talent that we're losing so they don't leave.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:

I guess that will be the EXCUSE the coaches or coach will use if we lose....... :roll:
Thanks for the luck, from what I've seen so far we'll need it.