Cavaliers ranked 2nd/3rd in nation

A forum for Boys and Girls High School Basketball in South Carolina.
NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Cavaliers ranked 5th in nation

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Dorman 81, Byrnes 60.

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

The Dorman defense takes things to a whole new level tonight in Gaffney. The Cavs hold the Indians to 8 first-half points and 4 second half points on the way to a 60-12 victory. The radio station did not want to believe the score report- thought it was a typo! The Cavs are now 19-1 overall and 8-0 in the region. In all their many years of playing basketball, with a lot of those being very good or great years, this has to be perhaps the lowest point total for Gaffney in a game ever. Next up a showdown with #2 Mauldin (18-2, 7-1) is on tap Tuesday night in Dorman Arena. The Cavs won at Mauldin 65-56 after trailing the Mavericks at halftime back on December 17. This is the much anticipated rematch.

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

The Cavaliers soundly spanked the 5A #2 Mauldin Mavericks 85-45 in their rematch for their 20th victory of the season. When the Cavs are playing at home and areas highly motivated as they were tonight, you simply have no shot to beat them. Future Clemson Tiger PJ Hall scored 24 points and grabbed 14 boards. Future Butler Bulldog Myles Tate netted 15 points and dished out 7 assists.

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Since my last post here the Cavs took care of the crosstown rival Spartanburg Vikings 63-37, Then last place Hillcrest offered little resistance as the Cavs beat them 77-32. Byrnes put up a great battle- they more than hung with the Cavs in the first half. The Rebels lead almost the entire half up until Myles Tate hit a three pointer at the buzzer for a one point Dorman lead at the half. It was all Cavs in the second half as Dorman ended up winning 75-55 over the Rebels. Byrnes has a good young team. Lane Fowler is a good coach. Watch out for the Rebels in the coming years. Then finally, Dorman celebrated their appeal victory to play in the Geico Nationals (assuming they win state) with a 102-30 thrashing of the Boiling Springs Bulldogs. The Cavs are 24-1 overall and 13-0 in the region now. Dorman has now won an incredible 53 straight games against South Carolina opponents.

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Cavaliers ranked 2nd/3rd in nation

Post by NuclearCav90 »

After blowing out Riverside 95-45 for Senior Nightin their last regular season game, the Cavaliers opened the SC 5A playoffs with a 93-49 win over Greenwood. Then the Cavs took down Blythewood 83-52 in the second round. Dorman will now face Spartanburg...the winner will play the Wade Hampton-Irmo winner in Greenville for the right to play for the state title in Columbia. Dorman is heavily favored as they have already dispatched the Vikings 56-37 and 63-37 this season in two previous games. The Cavs, now 27-1 have won 56 straight games against SC competition and 25 straight games overall. They are ranked 2nd in the nation by ESPN behind only Monteverde, FL. MaxPreps has the Cavs ranked 3rd. The Cavs will have a chance to back up that ranking in NYC in te GEICO Nationals in April. This Dorman basketball team could very well be the very best team in SC in any sport ever...they are definitely in the running for it at the very least.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

NuclearCav90 wrote:What makes this really impressive is that Dorman is a REAL high school, not one of those charter teams that someone puts together with recruiting!

Not trying to stir the pot, asking a real question here...

I work with a guy who is a Big Dorman fan, and he said that there were a couple of transfers on the team. Is that an accurate statement? If so, does that statement above still hold true?

Either way, I hope the Cavs bring the trophy back from New York.

/

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Yes, there are two guys on the team that transferred in. But those guys were not recruited by Dorman. They moved to the area and reached out to Coach Ryan. Anyway, charter schools have rosters full of recruited players. Dorman is not close to that. All great programs with great coaches that kids want to play for get transfers, just like Byrnes football has before.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

NuclearCav90 wrote:Yes, there are two guys on the team that transferred in. But those guys were not recruited by Dorman. They moved to the area and reached out to Coach Ryan. Anyway, charter schools have rosters full of recruited players. Dorman is not close to that. All great programs with great coaches that kids want to play for get transfers, just like Byrnes football has before.
Trust me, I know what you are saying... I said the same thing and all I heard was how much BMW helped us and how we recruited players and got their families jobs at BMW... those tightwads didn't do anything for Byrnes football.

Transfers happen all the time, and many times for no other reason than athletics; but unless the SCHSL can prove it, there is nothing that can be done about it. I know a guy who moved and his son is only 5, but he wanted him in District Five because of the youth programs and the schools. I know a family that moved to Landrum many years ago, because his son was a great baseball player and back then, Landrum had a great coach and was a very good team every year. Chesnee probably had some baseball "transfers" over the past 20 years due to their Coach. Personally, I made sure when I retired from the Navy, I settled in District Five because that is where I wanted to be. I don't hold Dorman accountable for the two transfers, but it does cause some folks to "judge them" a little differently, especially if they are significant contributors to the success.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Dorman 66, Wade Hampton 39. The Cavs (29-1) advance to the state championship where they will play the Dutch Fork Silver Foxes, just like in football. Only this time it is Dutch Fork that will be in the role of the heavy underdog! I don’t see this game being anywhere near as close as the football game was, but what do I know?

MillHill88
North Central Knights

Post by MillHill88 »

Dorman has a tremendous program!!! I've enjoyed watching them over the last few seasons.
Make High School Football Great Again!