Almost Baseball Season!

A forum to discuss South Carolina High School Baseball and Softball.
OLDFART51
Woodruff Wolverines

Re: Almost Baseball Season!

Post by OLDFART51 »

mikey wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:16 pm
TIM wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:46 am
mikey wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:23 am
I wish they still used wooden bats like we did..I know they say it’s not financially feasible, but the price of aluminum bats is ridiculous now days..I just hate that ping sound…never did find out what the grandkids kids use..can’t never catch ‘em at home..
Me too! I love wood bats and wish it they were required from tball and up. Those hot travel ball bats (usssa 1.15) give people false hopes. You have 75lb kids hitting the ball 350' bc of the bounce/trampoline effect. But when they get the bbcor's in their hands, the ball doesn't leave the infield. Bbcor is supposed to perform like a wood bat.

Prices are ridiculous on bats (baseball and softball). Just spent $400 last night on another bat. I have a 6 yr old girl that started playing softball recently, if she sticks with it i'll be buying those $500 ghost bats also.

Good news is the Midland Valley C Team beat the South Aiken B Team 5-2 this week. My son caught 4 innings, pitched 1 inning, went 1-2 at plate with a 2 rbi double, and had 1 walk. Start season next Friday with a tournament, can't wait.
Gaffney is 3-0 so far in the Steve Sanders tournament so far..our pool was at Broome…with us,Broome ,Union and Blacksburg…We go to Woodruff Monday for the Championships..not sure who we play..Grandson got the win against Broome 4IP 1ER 9K 1 Walk…
Congrats on your Grandson pitching stats. Looks like he is having a good start to the season.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

OLDFART51 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:43 am
mikey wrote:
TIM wrote:
mikey wrote:
I wish they still used wooden bats like we did..I know they say it’s not financially feasible, but the price of aluminum bats is ridiculous now days..I just hate that ping sound…never did find out what the grandkids kids use..can’t never catch ‘em at home..
Me too! I love wood bats and wish it they were required from tball and up. Those hot travel ball bats (usssa 1.15) give people false hopes. You have 75lb kids hitting the ball 350' bc of the bounce/trampoline effect. But when they get the bbcor's in their hands, the ball doesn't leave the infield. Bbcor is supposed to perform like a wood bat.

Prices are ridiculous on bats (baseball and softball). Just spent $400 last night on another bat. I have a 6 yr old girl that started playing softball recently, if she sticks with it i'll be buying those $500 ghost bats also.

Good news is the Midland Valley C Team beat the South Aiken B Team 5-2 this week. My son caught 4 innings, pitched 1 inning, went 1-2 at plate with a 2 rbi double, and had 1 walk. Start season next Friday with a tournament, can't wait.
Gaffney is 3-0 so far in the Steve Sanders tournament so far..our pool was at Broome…with us,Broome ,Union and Blacksburg…We go to Woodruff Monday for the Championships..not sure who we play..Grandson got the win against Broome 4IP 1ER 9K 1 Walk…
Congrats on your Grandson pitching stats. Looks like he is having a good start to the season.
Thank you..

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

mikey wrote:
TIM wrote:
mikey wrote:

Heck yeah!!! Congrats on the grandson's win! 9k's in 4 innings, he must have been dealing!

MV Varsity is 4-1 or 5-1 so far. C Team (which my son plays is 1-1-1). Beat South Aiken's B Team 5-2, then tied South Aiken's B Team 2-2 in first game of the MV Invitational and lost to Brookland Cayce's B Team 2-1. We play Batesburg-Leesville Thursday night 7pm then again on Friday night. Our bats are cold right now, once they wake up and compliment our pitching/defense we will be tough. Got a lot of 7th graders who are just getting to use to the -3 bats for the first time.

Good luck down in Woodruff. Tell ole Wolverinelegend i said hello!! Woodruff's head coach Wesley Brown is from the CSRA (Silver Bluff) and his 12 yr old son is zoned for Midland Valley next season.