(Beta test) SCPrepTalk - LIVE Scoreboards - Baseball & Softball

A forum to discuss South Carolina High School Baseball and Softball.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I don't know how many baseball and softball fans use Scorestream and will report the scores, but we're going to give this a try.

These are "compact style" scoreboards which are optimized for viewing on a phone.
If you are viewing these scoreboards on a PC it is best to open it in a new window and resize it so it is narrow.

Scorestream nav.jpg
Scorestream nav.jpg (46.98 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
Class 5A – Baseball

Class 5A – Softball

Class 4A – Baseball

Class 4A – Softball

Class 3A – Baseball

Class 3A – Softball

Class 2A – Baseball

Class 2A – Softball

Class 1A – Baseball

Class 1A – Softball

Download the ScoreStream App to your phone. Score your team's game, chat and share pictures with other users. Keep up with your favorite teams. The App is available at the iPhone store and from Google play. Get more info and download the App here: http://scorestream.com/

Thanks for using SCPrepTalk.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: (Beta test) SCPrepTalk - LIVE Scoreboards - Baseball & Softball

Post by mikey »

Thanks for this..wish we had more baseball fans on here..

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

mikey wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:02 am
Thanks for this..wish we had more baseball fans on here..
DITTO!

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

does this app take sub varsity scores? i'm currently following my 12 yr old Midland Valley C Team player!! :D

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

TIM wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:59 pm
does this app take sub varsity scores? i'm currently following my 12 yr old Midland Valley C Team player!! :D
Interesting question. Their website section where I create the scoreboard widgits has optional filters for varsity, JV, freshman, sophomore and middle school, but the only one I've tried is varsity. The only games I ever see in the app's "featured games" scroll are local varsity high school, and college teams, and those I entered as favorites.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Do they rely solely on individuals for scores? …I see there are not a lot posted…Gaffney’s Softball is shown,but baseball isn’t is why I ask..

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

mikey wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:39 am
Do they rely solely on individuals for scores? …I see there are not a lot posted…Gaffney’s Softball is shown,but baseball isn’t is why I ask..
Yes. Scorestream just relies on individuals to score.
It can be a fan or a coach. Doesn't matter.

Gaffney's softball game likely wasn't shown because either it wasn't on the schedule that Scorestream sourced the information from, or it was a rescheduled game.
Individuals can alert scorestream of schedule changes. Typically they will respond more quickly to those changes as somewhere builds points for being a reliable source.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm
mikey wrote:

Gaffney's softball game likely wasn't shown because either it wasn't on the schedule that Scorestream sourced the information from, or it was a rescheduled game.
Individuals can alert scorestream of schedule changes. Typically they will respond more quickly to those changes as somewhere builds points for being a reliable source.
Ok..thanks..my son in law has app on his phone that actually scores it down to ball and strikes live during the baseball games..it’s a pay service I think called it’s called diamond prospect or something..I guess it’s being shared via computer from the official scorer..I don’t always agree with the official scorer( awful generous with hits but it’s what goes in the books) but that’s for another post :lol:

I don’t know who would do it for softball at Gaffney,I‘m usually only at the baseball games..I just seen where the softball game was on the schedule for scorestream yesterday..

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

mikey wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:56 pm
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
mikey wrote:

Ok..thanks..my son in law has app on his phone that actually scores it down to ball and strikes live during the baseball games..it’s a pay service I think called it’s called diamond prospect or something..I guess it’s being shared via computer from the official scorer..I don’t always agree with the official scorer( awful generous with hits but it’s what goes in the books) but that’s for another post :lol:

I don’t know who would do it for softball at Gaffney,I‘m usually only at the baseball games..I just seen where the softball game was on the schedule for scorestream yesterday..
About a decade ago, we started to create our own app, but then realized that ScoreStream did about 90% of what we were looking for, so we decided to promote and use them.

Both the app and website allow you to "add a game", if the ScoreStream staff didn't find it on Maxpreps or other sites they use. The key is, there has to be someone sitting in the stands entering the scores as they happen. Otherwise, you'll just get the official, reported score when the game ends.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

SF Band dad wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:46 pm
mikey wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:56 pm
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
mikey wrote:

About a decade ago, we started to create our own app, but then realized that ScoreStream did about 90% of what we were looking for, so we decided to promote and use them.

Both the app and website allow you to "add a game", if the ScoreStream staff didn't find it on Maxpreps or other sites they use. The key is, there has to be someone sitting in the stands entering the scores as they happen. Otherwise, you'll just get the official, reported score when the game ends.
I’m just thankful we have it for football.I use it a lot on Saturday mornings..it would be nice if the baseball was as good as football,but that’s probably not gonna happen..I’m glad you added it..I’ll take what I can get..