Mustang Baseball this Week

A forum to discuss South Carolina High School Baseball and Softball.
TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Mustang Baseball this Week

Post by TIM »

C Team smoked Batesburg Leesville Saturday morning 10-1, moving to 4-0 on the regular season (6-2-1 if you count the pre season). The young mustangs have now outscored opponents 61-3 in their 4 regular season games. Pitching and catching has been fire. The boys have been throwing strikes, playing solid defense and putting pressure on opposing defenses with many balls in play. A definite recipe for success at any level but especially this age group.
Barnwell comes to town 5pm today which could be considered a final tune up before the schedule really tightens. Irmo visits MVHS this Saturday for a high noon showdown. Then they'll have games against Strom Thurmond, Gilbert, White Knoll and South Aiken down the stretch.

JV dropped their contest at BL Saturday 12-1, slipping to 2-1 on the regular season. Three starters were called up to assist Varsity which provided an opportunity for a few C Teamers to get some time on JV. Looking to get back on track tonight 7pm as they host Barnwell immediately after the C Team game. Hosts Aiken 5pm Wednesday (Blue Out/wear your royal blue), at Aiken 5pm Friday and home against Irmo 2pm Saturday.

Varsity finished their 3 game series against Airport with a 7-0 loss Saturday. If there are any positives to take away, they allowed fewer runs each time out and many young players got valuable reps. Mustangs are now 2-3 in the regular season, but the three losses were region games. Shot at redemption and improving in the region standing comes with a three game set versus Aiken High this week. The Hornets enter with some confidence after taking 2 of 3 from North Augusta last week. Tonight @Aiken 7pm, Wednesday hosting the Hornets 7:30pm (Blue Out/wear your royal blue), and travel to Aiken Friday night 7:30pm.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Mustang Baseball this Week

Post by mikey »

Gaffney has 3 games with Spartanburg this week,starting tonight at Duncan Park..
We are coming of 2 strait losses to Clinton..just too many errors ..

TIM
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by TIM »

mikey wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:31 am
Gaffney has 3 games with Spartanburg this week,starting tonight at Duncan Park..
Errors are not your friend in baseball! Good luck tonight, should be an exciting series. I met the Clinton Baseball HC last fall as he was down supporting Coach Webb at ST. Seemed like a nice guy. I bent his ear about the entire football game discussing baseball! lol.

Grandboys still pitching a good bit?

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

TIM wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 am
mikey wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:31 am
Errors are not your friend in baseball! Good luck tonight, should be an exciting series. I met the Clinton Baseball HC last fall as he was down supporting Coach Webb at ST. Seemed like a nice guy. I bent his ear about the entire football game discussing baseball! lol.

Grandboys still pitching a good bit?
one is a good bit of work and starts at 3rd when not pitching..he went 4-4 against Spartanburg Monday scoring 2 runs and 2 RBI’s ..the other has to work on his game a bit I guess, he doesn’t start,but is getting some innings in the out field..he needs some chances as he led the JV in hitting avg last year and has a good eye at the plate.,but that is the coaches decision..I question some of his decisions,but have never been to a practice so I don’t know the whole story..against Spartanburg they looked lost defensively most of the game..but they scored 4 in last bat to take the win..We get em tonight at home thank goodness,I’m tired of road games that aren’t over until almost 11 pm. My bedtime is 10:45…the kids probably not getting to bed before 1:00am..

Clinton has a good squad,I think they are defending 3a champs..I don’t know what they had coming back,but none the less the coach is doing a good job..good luck to your son and ST this week..