Playoff Teams

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Playoff Teams

Post by racincowboy02 »

Ok this is the last week of the regular season for the upstate and the lowerstate and midlands has one more week to go. What teams should we be looking at this week and taking notice of as we hope into the playoffs. Im not talking about Dutch Fork Fort Dorchester Summerville Dorman Gaffney. Im talking about teams that nobody has said a whole lot about that have went under the radar and have done well and will be a force come playoff time

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Playoff Teams

Post by TheSilverFox »

Watch out for Sumter in the Upstate. They are the sleepers that will be big time contenders in the postseason

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

TheSilverFox wrote:Watch out for Sumter in the Upstate. They are the sleepers that will be big time contenders in the postseason
CANT FIND POST..BUT I KNEW SUMTER WAS A BIG DARKHORSE THIS YEAR....OLE BB SAID SO!!! :D :D :D :D 8

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

Newcatntown wrote:
TheSilverFox wrote:Watch out for Sumter in the Upstate. They are the sleepers that will be big time contenders in the postseason
CANT FIND POST..BUT I KNEW SUMTER WAS A BIG DARKHORSE THIS YEAR....OLE BB SAID SO!!! :D :D :D :D 8
Yeah he did, and a lot of people are overlooking them. I think they are the team to beat in the upstate. Also be on watch for Blythewood! Their defense will give a lot of teams trouble.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Im glad you guys are bringing up teams to watch especially from the midlands cause i really don't know much about that region. I knew Dutch Fork was going to be where everybody was goin to have to go through just didn't really know if they were going to be upperstate or lowerstate come playoff time.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Dutch Fork is certainly the favorite to represent the lower state in the state championship but the path to Columbia will likely not go through Dutch Fork this year. DF will have to travel to play at the Region VIII #1 seed(Summerville or Fort D) OR the Region VII #1 seed(Berkeley or Cane Bay) in the semis. The only way DF plays at home in the semis is if both #1 seeds from regions VII and region VIII both lose earlier in the playoffs.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Wow i didn't even notice that. That is interesting so that means they will be at home for 1st and 2nd round and then have to take what 2 to 2 1/2 hour bus ride to the coast to play on the coast

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

That is correct. They would be undefeated and have to play at a 1 loss Berkeley/Fort D or a 2 loss Summerville team. I only list Fort D as a 1 loss team due to their opening game forfeit. Last year a 13-0 Fort D team who beat DF in the regular season had to make a trip to Dutch Fork in the semis. That game ended FD's season.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

TheSilverFox wrote:
Newcatntown wrote:
Yeah he did, and a lot of people are overlooking them. I think they are the team to beat in the upstate. Also be on watch for Blythewood! Their defense will give a lot of teams trouble.
Yeah I think we at least give ourselves a chance as long as we continue to play well. Opponents like Dorman, Gaffney, and Byrnes aren’t foreign to us as we have had our fair share of playoff battles in years past. But we’ll start with week 1 and see what happens. I’ll miss the game tonight as I’m at a conference in Charleston and will be back in Columbia tomorrow.

BYRNES82
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES82 »

I LIKE HOW EVERYONE IS SLEEPING ON OUR REBELS, EVERYBODY KEEPS TALKING BOUT GAFFNEY,DORMAN,DF,AND FORT. FOR A TEAM TO CURB STOMP GAFFNEY AND PLAYED DORMAN VERY CLOSE( SCORE DOESNT SHOW BECAUSE OF LATE TD) HAD EVERY CHANCE IN THE WORLD AND COULDNT GET OUT OF OUR OWN WAY. SO KEEP SLEEPING OWN THE REBELS , WE RE GETTING HOT AT THE RIGHT TIME !