SCHSL 5A Projection during/after Week 10

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

SCHSL 5A Projection during/after Week 10

Post by SCPrepTalk »

*This is not OFFICIAL, OFFICIAL Brackets will be released Saturday, November 3rd by the SCHSL*
SCPrepTalk 5A Projection
BLACK - Locked In
RED- Projection

Let me know if I got anything wrong or out of place.....

*These projections are with outcomes according to DOODLES ratings.
*Detailed explanation ASAP...

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: SCHSL 5A Projection after Week 10

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Explanations:

Region 2-
1. Dorman wins the 3-way tiebreaker.
2. Byrnes (Head to Head over Gaffney)
3. Gaffney
4. Boiling Springs
5. Spartanburg wins the 3-way tiebreaker over Hillcrest and Mauldin for 5th place.

3rd Quarter scores
Spartanburg.. 21..(+14)......Spartanburg ..7 (+0)= +14
Hillcrest........7...(-14).......Mauldin.......7..(+0)

Mauldin...2...(-4) = -4
Hillcrest...6..(+4) = -10

Region 4-
1. Sumter
2. Blythewood (won the Coin Toss for 2nd place) :arrow: https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-sc ... 37770.html
3. Irmo (Head to Head over Spring Valley)

I think this is right.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: SCHSL 5A Projection during/after Week 10

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I’m not saying it will happen; however, giving Chris Miller two weeks to prepare for T L Hanna could be dangerous. He’s done a great job before shutting down a great offense. Probably doesn’t have the athleticism to match up with them but he can scheme with the best of them.....

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Coach125
Gaffney Indians

Post by Coach125 »

I'm calling it..SBurg over Hanna. I know Hanna is good but their schedule hurts them. I believe even a not so good Burg can win this game.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Does anyone know how the At Large teams are selected? Is there a published criteria or guidelines that the SCHSL uses to determine who gets the bid?

--

--

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:Does anyone know how the At Large teams are selected? Is there a published criteria or guidelines that the SCHSL uses to determine who gets the bid?
Ken, I seem to remember hearing that the SCHSL would have some committee or group that would look at all of the teams not automatically qualifying, and making an objective decision. The question left in my mind is whether or not those teams would be divided into Upper and Lower State, or just select the perceived best teams and slot them in. I can find no documentation of the process.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Gaffney on the road don't seem right but neither does Byrnes vrs Sumter In a possible second round game...might as well be cross bracketing and good luck finding Sumter stadium...

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Penguin wrote:Ken, I seem to remember hearing that the SCHSL would have some committee or group that would look at all of the teams not automatically qualifying, and making an objective decision.

The key component of that thought process is the SCHSL making an objective decision.... :lol:
Penguin wrote:The question left in my mind is whether or not those teams would be divided into Upper and Lower State, or just select the perceived best teams and slot them in. I can find no documentation of the process.
I found nothing except a comment very much like you described above. I don't think it really matters in the big scheme of things, I don't see anyone not in the automatic selections that I think could do much damage. I mean if Hillcrest got all the injuries cleared, they could make Sumter work for the "W".

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

mikey wrote:Gaffney on the road don't seem right but neither does Byrnes vrs Sumter In a possible second round game...might as well be cross bracketing and good luck finding Sumter stadium...
I would really be surprised if Gaffney is not at the winner of the Sumter-vs-Byrnes game playing for the berth in the Upper State Championship.

I asked Siri "Where is Sumter High School Stadium?" Her reply, "Dang if I know!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--

--

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Penguin wrote:Ken, I seem to remember hearing that the SCHSL would have some committee or group that would look at all of the teams not automatically qualifying, and making an objective decision.

The key component of that thought process is the SCHSL making an objective decision.... :lol:
Penguin wrote:The question left in my mind is whether or not those teams would be divided into Upper and Lower State, or just select the perceived best teams and slot them in. I can find no documentation of the process.
I found nothing except a comment very much like you described above. I don't think it really matters in the big scheme of things, I don't see anyone not in the automatic selections that I think could do much damage. I mean if Hillcrest got all the injuries cleared, they could make Sumter work for the "W".
Wrong forum topic here, but it WILL make a huge difference in 4A where there are 5 overall At-Large spots to fill. Find me 3 halfway qualified Lower State At-Large teams. Can't do it. Wilson and Hilton Head is as far down that list as you can go without getting the dry-heaves.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!