2023 Daniel Baseball Schedule

A forum to discuss South Carolina High School Baseball and Softball.
stretch
Daniel Lions

2023 Daniel Baseball Schedule

Post by stretch »

This season is going to be an interesting one in the new region but still playing familiar teams. Pitching is going to be a big question mark for the team. I’m excited for this season to watch these Lions play.
Attachments
5D148B7D-0EF8-4968-9B79-7B0020CDEE61.jpeg
5D148B7D-0EF8-4968-9B79-7B0020CDEE61.jpeg (258.8 KiB) Viewed 3475 times
Go Daniel Lions!!

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Re: 2023 Daniel Baseball Schedule

Post by HoodRoad »

Think it will come down to DWD & Seneca for that region? Seneca usually has good pitching, Pendleton surprises people from time to time and West Oak came back down to earth after their run 2 years ago. Not sure about Walhalla.

For the girls...is Seneca still the team to beat in that region or have their good players finally graduated?

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

HoodRoad wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:56 am
Think it will come down to DWD & Seneca for that region? Seneca usually has good pitching, Pendleton surprises people from time to time and West Oak came back down to earth after their run 2 years ago. Not sure about Walhalla.

For the girls...is Seneca still the team to beat in that region or have their good players finally graduated?
I think we should be no worse than 2nd if all goes right. We had a good scrimmage against Liberty last week, had a lot of errors though, but I was pleased with what I saw for a first scrimmage of the season. Seneca has a starting pitcher committed to Clemson who is a stud but they lost a few good players from last year. Split with Pendleton which ended up costing us a playoff spot, but they have an good team coming back this year. Walhalla and West-Oak are unknown quantities, we swept both last season. Crescent is one I have no clue about.

I think the magic is gone at Seneca but I could be wrong. We might be in play for the region title in softball we had a very talented group, but Crescent should be the favorites. They should have been 2A champs last year but they ran into Gray in the upperstate championship.
Go Daniel Lions!!

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

stretch wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:09 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:56 am

I think we should be no worse than 2nd if all goes right. We had a good scrimmage against Liberty last week, had a lot of errors though, but I was pleased with what I saw for a first scrimmage of the season. Seneca has a starting pitcher committed to Clemson who is a stud but they lost a few good players from last year. Split with Pendleton which ended up costing us a playoff spot, but they have an good team coming back this year. Walhalla and West-Oak are unknown quantities, we swept both last season. Crescent is one I have no clue about.

I think the magic is gone at Seneca but I could be wrong. We might be in play for the region title in softball we had a very talented group, but Crescent should be the favorites. They should have been 2A champs last year but they ran into Gray in the upperstate championship.
Our baseball schedule looks pretty brutal on paper and with only 2 seniors we'll see how the young bucks do. We're playing Seneca 3 times. No idea what to expect with our girls. New coach, so you never know how that is going to work out. Palmetto and BHP are the typical favorites but one of our girls told me the other night both those teams starting pitchers have torn ACL's. Here's our baseball schedule...

Greer (Scrimmage)
Blue Ridge (Scrimmage)
Westside (Scrimmage)
Ashley Ridge
Oceanside Collegiate
Stratford
Greenville
Wren
Seneca
Wren
BHP
Travelers Rest
BHP
Fountain Inn
Seneca
Fountain Inn
Southside
Liberty
Seneca
Crescent
Crescent
Palmetto
Travelers Rest
Palmetto
Wade Hampton
Wade Hampton

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

How did Greer and Blue Ridge look in the scrimmages. We got Blue Ridge early in the season.
Go Daniel Lions!!

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Not sure I didn't see the scrimmages. I did hear we beat up on Greer but nor sure about BR.