Rowell resigns as Lake City AD

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Lou Bezjak | Morning News | SCNow.com

FLORENCE – Citing a desire to spend more time with his family, Jim Rowell has resigned as Lake City High School’s athletic director.

Rowell, who took over for Willie Thomas as the school’s athletic director in October of 2010, will remain as a teacher at the school and as head football coach. His last day as AD will be June 30.

< Excerpt - full article at headline link >

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Rowell resigns as Lake City AD

Post by SF Band dad »

Lake City is moving up to 3A in 2014.

Realignment Lists and Maps

jhs65
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

Post by jhs65 »

Does this mean we're remaining with four classifications and seven state champions?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

jhs65 wrote:Does this mean we're remaining with four classifications and seven state champions?
I had heard that they couldn't get enough schools to buy-in to either of the alternate proposals and they ended up just leaving the classifications as they are for another two years. That seems to be confirmed by this article:
http://www.scnow.com/sports/high_school ... f6878.html

Each class could still vote to change their divisions and playoff system. At a minimum they will have to realign their regions to account for the movement of schools from one class to another.

timmonsville2
Timmonsville Whirlwinds

Post by timmonsville2 »

SF Band dad wrote:Lake City is moving up to 3A in 2014.

Timmonsville, Lamar, Lake View in the same region? Thought I'll never see that happen. That should really bring in some money between them match-ups

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

timmonsville2 wrote:

Timmonsville, Lamar, Lake View in the same region? Thought I'll never see that happen.
...and you may still not. I drew-up those regions with an eye towards making regions have an even number of schools with football and to minimize overall travel time. SCHSL has already demonstrated that sometimes they don't do what makes sense. :? :lol:

jhs65
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

Post by jhs65 »

I look for Region 6-AA to be like it was before the last realignment, which would be:
Barnwell
Edisto
Hampton
Pelion
Hardeeville-Ridgeland (Jasper County)
Silver Bluff

I hate that trip to Ridgeland, I hope Strom Thurmond takes that spot instead of Jasper County.
Thurmond is a lot closer and would put some competition back in the region. Ridgeland isn't close to anybody in that region but Hampton. My guess is that Thurmond would rather be in that region than a region with the Columbia schools.

I like the way you have it with BL and ST in the region with SB. But I doubt it will be that way.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Because of the relatively even distribution of schools there are a lot of reasonable ways you can divide up 2A. You have to keep the total of 52 in mind, you'll need two regions to have 8 teams. You have to start at the corners of the map with the schools that have the fewest options. Looking at the map, a couple of clusters are important:

- Landrum, Chesnee, Blacksburg -- No matter what, you will have have to cover some distance to put these three into a region. I-26 and I-85 lead you to group them with schools around Greenville and you have an 8 team region.

- Battery Creek, Whale Branch, Ridgeland-Hardeeville -- What you do with these three determines how the rest of the regions lay out.

- Others that limit the options -- Indian Land, Cheraw, Loris, Georgetown & Silver Bluff.

timmonsville2
Timmonsville Whirlwinds

Post by timmonsville2 »

SF Band dad wrote:
timmonsville2 wrote:

Timmonsville, Lamar, Lake View in the same region? Thought I'll never see that happen.
...and you may still not. I drew-up those regions with an eye towards making regions have an even number of schools with football and to minimize overall travel time. SCHSL has already demonstrated that sometimes they don't do what makes sense. :? :lol:
you're right about that, but that realignment would make more sense. lake view wouldn't want to be with timmonsville and lamar anyway lol.