WRHI Football City USA KickOff

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
sparked_up
Northwestern Trojans

Re: WRHI Football City USA KickOff

Post by sparked_up »

Dutch Fork is legit all around. Northwestern stood in with them for the most part. Defensively struggled to close out on 3rd down, but their progress has been noticeable through the scrimmages. They will be a good group and a lot to deal with come October and November.

Offensively, I was very impressed by Northwestern. The O-line did a good job in the run game and the QB stayed clean. The skill guys are as good as advertised. Finley Polk, the sophomore quarterback did well and matured a lot over the three scrimmages. Will Mattison was excellent the last two years for the Trojans. The Trojans are in good hands for the next three years.

There are always things the coaches will cleanup in practice and heading into the season preparation will make a huge difference in execution.

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

NW is going to be good; no doubt!

Post by 5thqtr »

Given the opponent; I would even say NW looked better than The Stallions! No offense to Olympic; but they aren't in the same arena as DF. NW gave up the scoop and score and it was over!
They moved the ball effectively; but couldn't stop DF.
I think that's b/c Tommy Knotts does a superior job to just about anybody out there of getting his team ready from the jump! Other teams have to play their way into the best versions of themselves!

I would rank the teams out there like this:
1. DF
2. Byrnes
3. NW - is going to be difficult to deal with. With NW offense; even with Richardson new QB starters tend to have a hard time at 1st.
4.SP - lots of talent; but did not win the day b/c of sloppy turnovers. At times; sloppy tackling as well!
5. Olympic
6. RHH - I don't know what to say anymore. Wish something changed over at RHH so they were consistent contenders annually again!
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

How did the DF OL line look? Several new faces there. Also, curious how #17 looked...Isiah Jones.

Fear The Fox...

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Some observations:

South Pointe started to look much better after the delay and from what I could tell based on a limited scrimmage, they will be what you expect from the Stallions.

Northwestern was able to move the ball against Dutch Fork and the offense looked good except for one really bad snap and turnover that was a scoop and score. I expect the match up against South Pointe could be game one of two this season.

Dutch Fork: completely reloaded, rebooted and ready to go. Offensive Line is ... dominant is not strong enough of a word, but it is all I got! HUGE, STRONG, and like every other aspect of the game, very well prepared! They made a few too many holding penalties (I counted about 9 or 10 in a half of play that were called and a couple more that could have been called! Got to get that cleaned up! Most were from WR, RB, but a few from that OL.)

Rock Hill: As mentioned above, and not wanting to pile on, I will just say that they said enough to sum up the Bearcats!

Byrnes has to get better on the passing game or it could be a very long season. The running game is extremely solid! EXTREMELY solid! Defense gave up a 30 - 35 yard run on the first play and may not have given up 35 yards the rest of the scrimmage. When you add in the sack yardage, I'm sure they didn't. I'm not saying this is the team to beat in the Region, but I'm happy with the status of the Defense after what I saw (or better yet what I didn't see) last year!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:23 am
Some observations:

South Pointe started to look much better after the delay and from what I could tell based on a limited scrimmage, they will be what you expect from the Stallions.

Northwestern was able to move the ball against Dutch Fork and the offense looked good except for one really bad snap and turnover that was a scoop and score. I expect the match up against South Pointe could be game one of two this season.

Dutch Fork: completely reloaded, rebooted and ready to go. Offensive Line is ... dominant is not strong enough of a word, but it is all I got! HUGE, STRONG, and like every other aspect of the game, very well prepared! They made a few too many holding penalties (I counted about 9 or 10 in a half of play that were called and a couple more that could have been called! Got to get that cleaned up! Most were from WR, RB, but a few from that OL.)

Rock Hill: As mentioned above, and not wanting to pile on, I will just say that they said enough to sum up the Bearcats!

Byrnes has to get better on the passing game or it could be a very long season. The running game is extremely solid! EXTREMELY solid! Defense gave up a 30 - 35 yard run on the first play and may not have given up 35 yards the rest of the scrimmage. When you add in the sack yardage, I'm sure they didn't. I'm not saying this is the team to beat in the Region, but I'm happy with the status of the Defense after what I saw (or better yet what I didn't see) last year!
DF is legit. I don't think they are as good as years past but definitely still good enough to play for a ring!

NW will win 4a state championship!

Byrnes passing game could instantly be fix if right decision is made ... All I'm going to say about that !
Byrnes defense is 10000000000000% better than last year!
Really really really think this team could make some noise if if right decision is made

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

New Byrnes S,S&C Coach

Post by 5thqtr »

Man the new JF Byrnes strength, speed and conditioning coach is jacked. Byrnes players looked the part as well. I think whatever that coach's name is most certainly learned from Coach Shrock!

Good physically conditioned team by eye test Byrnes fans!

Same could be said for DF. And, the DF OL looked really good as Rebel 74 said. Physical and good size.

I could easily see Byrnes and DF playing for it with respect to Gaffney no doubt who I understand bring back a ton of talent.
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Post by 5thqtr »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:31 am
How did the DF OL line look? Several new faces there. Also, curious how #17 looked...Isiah Jones.

Fear The Fox...
#17 Jones looked really good when given his opportunities. He looks like a FBS player "right now"!

DF WR and TE blocking stood out to me. Those flare passes if blocked well are hard to defend and those WR's were so much more physical than typical H.S. DB's it's going to be an advantage DF has.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

5thqtr wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:44 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:31 am

Fear The Fox...
#17 Jones looked really good when given his opportunities. He looks like a FBS player "right now"!

DF WR and TE blocking stood out to me. Those flare passes if blocked well are hard to defend and those WR's were so much more physical than typical H.S. DB's it's going to be an advantage DF has.
How about the DF QB (s)? How did Appler look? I think he had the nod as starter.

Fear The Fox...

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Re: My Stallions looked sloppy

Post by Wildstallion2 »

5thqtr wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:02 pm
All I can say is, "we will get embarrassed if we show up like that against Gaffney"!

At times we looked good. At spots we looked good. But, gee willikers, we didn't value the football.
We have good players who hopefully have a good week of practice is all I can say.
. Yeah I thought SP came out too relaxed before the rain delay but a win is a win 21 to 10, and Gaffney came out flat also last night trailed Independence for awhile then they also got it together in the second half to beat Independence 21 to 14.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:58 pm
How about the DF QB (s)? How did Appler look? I think he had the nod as starter.

Fear The Fox...
He was solid! Only issue that I saw with the Foxes {and Coach Knotts saw it as well} was a whole lot of holding calls.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--