Beaufort 41 Powdersville 31- Final -Congrats to the Byrds

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Re: Congrats to Beaufort High

Post by HoodRoad »

And, can I just add another thing regarding Beaufort fans? Next time y’all come to Cola can you please bring some Alvin Ord’s sandwiches LOL! If my Patriots aren’t playing I’ll gladly drive down to get a couple. I told my wife at least we still love to visit the Beaufort area!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Congrats to Beaufort High

Post by Penguin »

HoodRoad wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:34 pm
And, can I just add another thing regarding Beaufort fans? Next time y’all come to Cola can you please bring some Alvin Ord’s sandwiches LOL! If my Patriots aren’t playing I’ll gladly drive down to get a couple. I told my wife at least we still love to visit the Beaufort area!
LOL! Yes Alvin Ord's is a great place to get a sandwich. If you get down this way, give me a holler. I will treat you and your family to Alvin Ord's.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Hey Ddub, Beaufort avenged that Daniel loss for ya

Post by Penguin »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:24 pm
Ddub been writing fraudulent checks.

Yawn🥱 The topic has been fixed.
Pretty sure that we now have proof positive of the true identity of the paper hanger.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: Congratulations There BEF!!!!

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Hey GBG, you think he’s still partying

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

stretch
Daniel Lions

Re: Beaufort 41 Powdersville 31- Final -Congrats to the Byrds

Post by stretch »

I’m glad Beaufort won as a Daniel fan. Watching Kacy Fields and Colton Phares run all over that defense that played horrible against us then ran their mouths afterwards was satisfying to watch. I have nothing but respect for Thomas Williams that young man was a warrior and carried that team on his back all season. It’s a shame the game changing play was him fumbling. Virginia Tech is getting a great player.

Back to Fields and Phares, my goodness they ran wild. I saw Benedict coaches on the sidelines and if I were them I wouldn’t have let him leave the stadium without an offer. That young man will have lots of coaches coming down to Beaufort within the next 2 months before signing day in February.

As for what if Daniel were there to play Beaufort… we’ll never know. It would’ve been a great matchup to see with the contrasting offense styles with their inside run and our air raid. It’s a shame we couldn’t get there but if it wasn’t going to be us I wanted BEF and Penguin to get some champions T-shirts. They’ll have to deal with the ignorant people that will say they dropped down to 3A for “easier competition.” There’s nothing easy about winning a championship at any level (unless you’re Gray or Oceanside) and it’s a great accomplishment for those kids and coaches.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

stretch wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:38 pm
I’m glad Beaufort won as a Daniel fan. Watching Kacy Fields and Colton Phares run all over that defense that played horrible against us then ran their mouths afterwards was satisfying to watch. I have nothing but respect for Thomas Williams that young man was a warrior and carried that team on his back all season. It’s a shame the game changing play was him fumbling. Virginia Tech is getting a great player.

Back to Fields and Phares, my goodness they ran wild. I saw Benedict coaches on the sidelines and if I were them I wouldn’t have let him leave the stadium without an offer. That young man will have lots of coaches coming down to Beaufort within the next 2 months before signing day in February.

As for what if Daniel were there to play Beaufort… we’ll never know. It would’ve been a great matchup to see with the contrasting offense styles with their inside run and our air raid. It’s a shame we couldn’t get there but if it wasn’t going to be us I wanted BEF and Penguin to get some champions T-shirts. They’ll have to deal with the ignorant people that will say they dropped down to 3A for “easier competition.” There’s nothing easy about winning a championship at any level (unless you’re Gray or Oceanside) and it’s a great accomplishment for those kids and coaches.
I know that you won't believe me when I tell you this, but it is a fact: Colton Phares 1st game at RB was last week @ Dillon. He played WR on offense and Safety on Defense all season long. He returns punts and kickoffs. Earlier this year in our game against Goose Creek, both of our kickers were injured and he both punted for us, and handled the placekicking duties. He kicked the 2 field goals in our 6 to nothing victory. He can play every position. He ran fake punts for us several times this year. He has already signed with Appalachian State. Kacy Fields only started at running back in week 4. He was a Wide Receiver in both his Sophomore and Junior years. Aaron (74) and Adrian (76) Lamb, our bookend offensive tackles, both played defense until week 2. Coach Lybrand made changes in search of finding the right chemistry on this team. We also lost Eamon Smalls (West Virginia Commit) during week 2 for disciplinary reasons, and 2 year starting CB Darly DePass (Criminal Conviction) over the summer. This Beaufort team was loaded. We will lose a lot of Seniors, but we have a Sophomore QB and 2 Junior RBs who saw a ton of playing time because of the running clock rules this year. I wish that we could manage to get you guys on the schedule. We have had a hard time getting top tier teams to agree to play us because we demand home-and-home contracts. DeVonte Holliman got us turned around by toughening up our schedule. He took Beaufort all the way to Valdosta Georgia 2 years running to play the winningest program in the nation. Those type of games (Although losses) proved instrumental in shaping this program. Thanks for your support. I respect people such as yourself. We need more like you here.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Penguin wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:11 pm
stretch wrote:

I know that you won't believe me when I tell you this, but it is a fact: Colton Phares 1st game at RB was last week @ Dillon. He played WR on offense and Safety on Defense all season long. He returns punts and kickoffs. Earlier this year in our game against Goose Creek, both of our kickers were injured and he both punted for us, and handled the placekicking duties. He kicked the 2 field goals in our 6 to nothing victory. He can play every position. He ran fake punts for us several times this year. He has already signed with Appalachian State. Kacy Fields only started at running back in week 4. He was a Wide Receiver in both his Sophomore and Junior years. Aaron (74) and Adrian (76) Lamb, our bookend offensive tackles, both played defense until week 2. Coach Lybrand made changes in search of finding the right chemistry on this team. We also lost Eamon Smalls (West Virginia Commit) during week 2 for disciplinary reasons, and 2 year starting CB Darly DePass (Criminal Conviction) over the summer. This Beaufort team was loaded. We will lose a lot of Seniors, but we have a Sophomore QB and 2 Junior RBs who saw a ton of playing time because of the running clock rules this year. I wish that we could manage to get you guys on the schedule. We have had a hard time getting top tier teams to agree to play us because we demand home-and-home contracts. DeVonte Holliman got us turned around by toughening up our schedule. He took Beaufort all the way to Valdosta Georgia 2 years running to play the winningest program in the nation. Those type of games (Although losses) proved instrumental in shaping this program. Thanks for your support. I respect people such as yourself. We need more like you here.
That is crazy that was his first game in the backfield. He is a gamer, reminds me of Eli Merck one of our receivers who would play QB, punt and kickoff. Guys like that are always great to have on your team. Fields has the body of a RB and I hope he gets an opportunity to play somewhere that will use him. That QB has some good hands and a good vertical jump to corral those snaps, it was driving me crazy watching it I thought one would get over him. Never happened though.

I would be all for scheduling a game down in Beaufort. I went on family vacation down at Harbor Island the past 2 summers, if it get's scheduled then I'll see you at Dockside so I can get a swordfish steak. Fair warning last time we ventured to the lowerstate we sent Slick home with a loss. Then we proceeded to lose the next 8 games, I had the misfortune of playing on that team. We changed our offense completely with a new coordinator and it worked for 1 week. 2 weeks later he quits and Coach Fru, a lifelong defensive player/coach, has to call the plays for the offense. Then we bring in Page Wofford for 2018 and in 1 year we turned around from 2-9 to 11-2 and we haven't looked back. Something about those Football City USA guys, Holloman for Beaufort, Wofford for Daniel. Holloman got his ring last year, Hoping for a Northwestern win in 4A.

We've also had a tough time finding games the past few seasons, we've had opportunities to play some prominent teams in the state and the state to the west but agreements can't be reached. We've gotten stiffed on some home games in the last 2 years with covid cancellations. 2021 we couldn't work out a deal with Dutch Fork because neither side was willing to travel. We had 6 regular season home games combined in 20+21. That issue played into scheduling this year when we put the foot down on playing at home and had 6 home games.

I'm always going to give respect where it's deserved, unless a Seneca Losercat fan joins the board then they get nothing.
Go Daniel Lions!!

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Congrats to Beaufort! Happy for you all and Coach Lybrand.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

Penguin wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:11 pm
stretch wrote:

I am not very familiar with the Beaufort community but you MAY and i say MAY be about to face your biggest threat to your great program there..................and it is yourself...........namely, the booster club...........my town was right where you are...........we lost the championship game and then came back and won it.............2 years in a row...........but, our community couldn't handle prosperity and greed and scrapbooking ruined the program in no time and it never recovered........ now 20 years later it is only able to compete with the lowest of the bottomfeeders.........be careful moving forward, it is a whole lot easier to lose a championship program than it is to build one............

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!! Yeah Baby!!!! What a feeling!!!! I am so happy that I finally got to see My Beaufort Eagles win a State Title in Football. I have still been celebrating this State Title!!!! :mrgreen:. I haven't been able to get on here to tell about this HUGE CHAMPIONSHIP WIN by My Beaufort Eagles because I got home really late after the game Thursday Night, got 1 hour and 30 minute Sleep, and then worked all day on Friday. So now I can get on here and brag and say how happy I am after Beaufort beat Powdersville 41-31 to win the 2022 Class 3A State Championship.

What a game!!!! It was an very exciting game to watch!!!! Both Teams were really good. I thought there was a great crowd on both sides of the Stadium. I really liked having the Championship Games at Benedict even though I love Willy B. I still have to pinch myself to see if this really happened and My Beaufort Eagles are really State Champs. lol. :D

Beaufort's Running game was hard to stop all night, especially in the 2nd half of this game. Beaufort had almost 500 yards rushing with RB Kacy Fields having over 200 yards rushing and 300 total yards, and RB Colton Phares had almost 200 yards rushing. Beaufort QB Samari Bonds ran the Eagles Offense with perfection. The Eagles "D" did what they had to do to stop Powdersville's High Scoring rushing Offense led by their RB #21. Beaufort's Offense did not even have to attempt a pass in this game with their running game doing the damage all night. :shock: :o :mrgreen:.

Wow!!!! My Beaufort Eagles are 2022 Class 3A State Champions!!!! I am so stoked!!!! My Dad had me at My First Beaufort Football Game when I was only a few Months Old. I have only missed about 4 Beaufort Games in My 50 years of Life. 612 Games. I wish that My Dad was still here to see this Championship win by our Eagles. He passed away in 2013. But I know that he was there watching the game from above and helping cheer our Eagles to the State Title Win.

This was one of My favorite Beaufort Teams ever. All the players really Gelled together this year. I wanted to say a BIG CONGRATS to all the Beaufort Coaches led by Head Coach Bryce Lybrand and to this whole Eagles Team on the Awesome Season ending with the 3A State Title. Y'all really made me so happy after finally seeing My Eagles win a State Title in Football. What a year!!!! WE ARE STATE CHAMPS BABY!!!!

WAY TO GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!