Way too early 2024 state champion predictions...

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Way too early 2024 state champion predictions...

Post by DFOLDMAN »

1A- Abbeville: A lock no doubt....and for some time to come until SCHSL moves them up.
2A- Chester: Several other teams that I thought about...Clinton in particular, but going with my first thought.
3A- Oceanside: Too good for 2A and are going to be hard to beat in 3A but will be tougher due to depth of quality teams
4A- South Florence: Always at the top or near the top...hard to pick against.
5A II- Gaffney: Again, several teams there but had to go with my first thought but Northwestern, White Knoll, Irmo...long list of teams.
5A I- We know who... 5A titles run through DF

Let me hear your thoughts.

Fear The Fox...

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Way too early 2024 state champion predictions...

Post by SF Band dad »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 pm
1A- Abbeville: A lock no doubt....and for some time to come until SCHSL moves them up.
2A- Chester: Several other teams that I thought about...Clinton in particular, but going with my first thought.
3A- Oceanside: Too good for 2A and are going to be hard to beat in 3A but will be tougher due to depth of quality teams
4A- South Florence: Always at the top or near the top...hard to pick against.
5A II- Gaffney: Again, several teams there but had to go with my first thought but Northwestern, White Knoll, Irmo...long list of teams.
5A I- We know who... 5A titles run through DF

Let me hear your thoughts.

Fear The Fox...
You are right, 5A II is going to be a bear.

4A - The Westside QB returns as a senior. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Orangeburg again, hopefully for a rematch.

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

What is it about Gaffney in 2024 that makes them enough better than last year to overcome the thrashing they took at the Reservation last year at the hands of Northwestern? Trojans have to replace a great running back, but have everything else returning.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm
What is it about Gaffney in 2024 that makes them enough better than last year to overcome the thrashing they took at the Reservation last year at the hands of Northwestern? Trojans have to replace a great running back, but have everything else returning.
Might not..but then again..things are looking pretty good in Title town.. ;)

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:35 pm
NHSTrojan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm
Might not..but then again..things are looking pretty good in Title town.. ;)
Like I said...first thought on Gaffney. Early season wins or losses don't always equal trophy or no trophy; Dutch Fork last season for example(and NW too, correct?) Talking about when it counts during the second season...

Just a gut feeling on Gaffney...just have to wait and see.

Fear The Fox...

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

Can’t argue with your gut prediction and as always Gaffney will be a worthy foe. Until last year we hadn’t had a lot of recent success against them. Everyone has roster turnover and I am sure Gaffney has invested well in their current roster. Obviously, we will have to wait and see.

I wouldn’t crown Northwestern April State Champions either. There can always be that one team that plays out of their mind one night in November (Greenville) or an untimely injury or two (Northwestern v Greenville). I am looking forward to the season and a strong non-conference schedule to be better prepared for November and December.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:20 pm
Can’t argue with your gut prediction and as always Gaffney will be a worthy foe. Until last year we hadn’t had a lot of recent success against them. Everyone has roster turnover and I am sure Gaffney has invested well in their current roster. Obviously, we will have to wait and see.

I wouldn’t crown Northwestern April State Champions either. There can always be that one team that plays out of their mind one night in November (Greenville) or an untimely injury or two (Northwestern v Greenville). I am looking forward to the season and a strong non-conference schedule to be better prepared for November and December.
Yea I thought you guys were unbeatable by ANYONE in SC last year..but as they say “it happens”…I think we were better than what we showed against DF last year too..we had a lot of players miss practice that week due to sickness and #0 didn’t play…but ain’t making no excuses..best team that night definitely won…

I missed the first half of the NW game and by the time I got home/ halftime and got the radio on it is was over…I think Turbo got a lot of material for his HUDL highlights that night..

NW/ Gaffney have made for some great games over the years..the 2-0 win by y’all at a cold Clemson…it snowed flurries that day..to the best performance by QB ever in a State title game…Kentrell Jones…still legend for those that seen it ..

If Gaffney don’t start growing, and I think it is, we gonna drop to 4a and that would be sad..NW and Gaffney should be Lla game that happens every year..

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

TLH 5A

Westside has good shot in 4A

BHP will walk away with 3A

Abbeville , well no competition and will storm thru 1A

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

RamFan wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:40 pm
TLH 5A

Westside has good shot in 4A

BHP will walk away with 3A

Abbeville , well no competition and will storm thru 1A
Hanna needs to find a way to beat DF... need to schedule them during the regular season. Only time DF sees Hanna is on the trip through the playoffs.

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

1a abbeville in the walk of the century
2a Clinton Chester strom that’s it
3a Dillon vs Oceanside for the lower state but won’t matter because Bhp will have the easiest path to a title outside of abbeville in 1a. 3a was stripped of quality teams more than any other division
4a so Flo wins lower
Upper state 4A is the deepest of any division now
Westside camden gray south pointe improving wren team and some other team over in Pickens county
Don’t worry about them
5A lower division
Northwestern vs Indians
5A upper
Df vs Mann rematch
That’s is all