State Titles

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
7timechamps
Daniel Lions

State Titles

Post by 7timechamps »

SCHSL approved state titles to be back in Orangeburg for football and all semi/state finals for basketball to be at Florence Center.

Sad state of affairs for our state!
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: State Titles

Post by DFOLDMAN »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 am
SCHSL approved state titles to be back in Orangeburg for football and all semi/state finals for basketball to be at Florence Center.

Sad state of affairs for our state!
....SCHSL....nothing they do surprises me or even saddens me any longer. Their buffoonery has made most of us numb after this long. The 5A mess for the coming year is prime example.

Fear The Fox...
Last edited by DFOLDMAN on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peacekeeper
No Team Affiliation

Post by Peacekeeper »

Where should everything be held? USC apparently doesn't want it. We complained about Clemson, to far for the low country.
We complained about Benedict College.
We are complaining about Florence.
I'm sure the schsl would love a central location to appease everyone.
If they come to Greenville, someone will complain
If they come to Rock Hill someone will complain
They were in Aiken, we complained. I'm sure the folks in Rock Hill complained when South Pointe and Northwestern played each other at Clemson.

Maybe we all should start a go fund me, to build a schsl facility in the most central area of the state

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

All the playoff games are played at the
different high schools . I vote play the
championship games the same like they
were many years ago.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

96fanatic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:18 pm
All the playoff games are played at the
different high schools . I vote play the
championship games the same like they
were many years ago.
Our stadium is too small to host a championship game. I think it was designed for a seating capacity of 5500. (Approximately 4000 home, 1500 visitor.) The SCHSL minimum to host a 4A/5A semifinal is 5000.

The minimum for the championship games is 6000 for all classifications, which is silly. Benidict's capacity is 11,000 and its visitor side and parking were inadequate, at least for 4A & 5A.

Parone Stadium at Spring Valley HS seats 12,000, and both sides are the same size. That would be a good venue, at least for the lower 3 classes.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Okay, USC would be the perfect site... seats, parking, central location... everything. BUT>>>

2 of the 3 are set.... the other is not part of the equation..... parking which NOT controlled by USC, that is controlled by the Fair Grounds.

Now USC might be a stick in the mud........ but why would they????? Here is a chance to showcase their facility to all potential recruits and families...... that one of the reasons Clemson agreed to host several years back for a lost cost.

The real villain is the parking situation......

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Peacekeeper wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 pm
Where should everything be held? USC apparently doesn't want it. We complained about Clemson, to far for the low country.
They were in Aiken, we complained. I'm sure the folks in Rock Hill complained when South Pointe and Northwestern played each other at Clemson.
Maybe we all should start a go fund me, to build a schsl facility in the most central area of the state

Dude, Daniel and Wren (20 mins away all the way towards GA), both drove 3 and a half hours down the damn highway together to play the UPPER STATE title basketball game in Florence 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 pm
Peacekeeper wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 pm

Dude, Daniel and Wren (20 mins away all the way towards GA), both drove 3 and a half hours down the damn highway together to play the UPPER STATE title basketball game in Florence 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
You are making too much sense....ha. But you are right. Geographically, the state has four primary regions- Upstate, Midlands, Pee Dee, and Lowcountry...the Upper State Title game should have been played in the Upstate or Midlands and the Lower State in the Lowcountry or Pee Dee at the very least. Why not just pre-determine the host based on the original brackets...Daniel and Wren driving to the Pee Dee to play a basketball game is beyond a head-scratcher. But again...we are dealing with the SCHSL....so there you go.

Fear The Fox....

FootballFan59
No Team Affiliation

Post by FootballFan59 »

Legislators need to step in and get the public University that is USC to host the championships. They receive public funds through appropriations and need to provide public service to our public high schools in this way, in my opinion.

Peacekeeper
No Team Affiliation

Post by Peacekeeper »

DUDE, what is your point? You just made mine.