Travelers Rest has hired Devildogs' new head football coach

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Re: Travelers Rest has hired Devildogs' new head football coach

Post by bringthewood »

whoops.....

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

Don’t know what St Joe’s pays, but from a football standpoint St Joe’s is probably a better job.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

I think TR has potential. Thriving little town now...has recovered well from the departure of textiles, unlike so many other towns. One of the new favored locations in the Greenville area. I think this is a smart move by that young coach. Look for an improved TR team in the near future. Good luck to him.

Fear The Fox...

icoachfb53
No Team Affiliation

Re:i Travelers Rest has hired Devildogs' new head football coach

Post by icoachfb53 »

TR HATES FOOTBALL

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:24 am
I think TR has potential. Thriving little town now...has recovered well from the departure of textiles, unlike so many other towns. One of the new favored locations in the Greenville area. I think this is a smart move by that young coach. Look for an improved TR team in the near future. Good luck to him.

Fear The Fox...
Doubtful...with their new region they're most likely to be 3-3 with wins over Berea, Blue Ridge and your beloved Blue Flame. They aren't beating Seneca, DWD or Greer. TR is little Asheville now...not too many hippie kids or kids from the pronoun crowd playing football. You may have a few rec ball legends and some that can't stay out of trouble or in school but that's about it.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

HoodRoad wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:44 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...
Doubtful...with their new region they're most likely to be 3-3 with wins over Berea, Blue Ridge and your beloved Blue Flame. They aren't beating Seneca, DWD or Greer. TR is little Asheville now...not too many hippie kids or kids from the pronoun crowd playing football. You may have a few rec ball legends and some that can't stay out of trouble or in school but that's about it.
I live close by to TR on the South Saluda River not far from Caesars Head...TR is where I get groceries and go out to eat when I feel like it. The thing about TR is young families are moving in there...Greenville has about stopped moving out east and now moving north and west. Newsflash-The kids your referenced are everywhere, not just TR....or Powdersville. Not saying right away, but if he stays and gets the talent on the field...the potential is there.

Several years ago, on a different site when I lived 9000 miles away... doubters laughed at me when I said all then 2-9 Dutch Fork needed was a good coach and they would be a formidable football team- they tried to shame me into a retraction...NOPE...10-3 the first season TK showed up... 8 state titles later. So you never know. Not saying that at all about TR...different dynamics, but better for sure than they are now. Daniel is having a good run of late, but I wouldn't hold my breath on Seneca or Greer over achieving....lol.
Hope that coach does great stuff at TR.

Fear The Fox...

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

TR is like the majority of Greenville County high schools. They put little emphasis on their football program. Probably why Lancaster left. The community is fine. Everyone has thought that TR has had potential for the last 25 years, but the administration has to be behind it

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Deputy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 pm
TR is like the majority of Greenville County high schools. They put little emphasis on their football program. Probably why Lancaster left. The community is fine. Everyone has thought that TR has had potential for the last 25 years, but the administration has to be behind it
That is very true. Going after the coach they hired makes me think they are serious, and I would think this coach is sharp enough and has experience establishing the conditions needed for success, that he would not have made the jump without looking at the community, resources, talent pool, and administration...TR was a football town way back when I was a little guy...believe it or not. I wish him well.

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:27 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:44 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...
I live close by to TR on the South Saluda River not far from Caesars Head...TR is where I get groceries and go out to eat when I feel like it. The thing about TR is young families are moving in there...Greenville has about stopped moving out east and now moving north and west. Newsflash-The kids your referenced are everywhere, not just TR....or Powdersville. Not saying right away, but if he stays and gets the talent on the field...the potential is there.

Several years ago, on a different site when I lived 9000 miles away... doubters laughed at me when I said all then 2-9 Dutch Fork needed was a good coach and they would be a formidable football team- they tried to shame me into a retraction...NOPE...10-3 the first season TK showed up... 8 state titles later. So you never know. Not saying that at all about TR...different dynamics, but better for sure than they are now. Daniel is having a good run of late, but I wouldn't hold my breath on Seneca or Greer over achieving....lol.
Hope that coach does great stuff at TR.

Fear The Fox...
By “good run of late”
Do you mean the last 33 years
Let me break it down for ya
2nd most wins of any program in the state in that time
7 state titles and 2 other appearances
21 ten plus win seasons
346-90 in that time
10 nfl players
2 of the top 10 win streaks in the history of this state
Only 1 year of missing playoffs , 1993, that team was preseason #2 overall and went 6-4 after back to back state titles. Lost 3 region games by a combined 15 points
Currently 73-4 over last 6 years
51-1 over last 4

Is that what you call a good run of late?