RF74 takes a shot at the 5A Bracket Projection

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Re: RF74 takes a shot at the 5A Bracket Projection

Post by GoBigGreen »

I have seen Summerville play both Sumter and Carolina Forest and was more impressed with CF. They certainly gave Summerville the toughest game of the season so far. Sumter has Peeples at RB but if you slow him down their offense struggled. I too will be real interested in seeing how this one plays out as the winner will likely win their region getting the #1 seed.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

A few changes this week.

T L HANNA has wins over Hillcrest and J L Mann, with only Woodmont remaining, so I think it is safe to call Region I for Hanna.

Region II comes down to Week Ten's game, Byrnes at Gaffney and I have the Indians winning.

Region III still has a lot of potential but it appears to come down to Rock Hill vs Clover in Week Ten

OK, who had WHITE KNOLL in the #1 slot for Region IV....

The Carolina Forest win over Sumter probably determined the Region Championship
as well as the Goose Creek's win over Cane Bay but don't crown them just yet...

Surprise, Surprise, Region VII comes down to Week Ten's Summerville -vs- Fort Dorchester

There are still a lot of other seeding implications that are still up for grab, so many games that will determine who goes on the road and who is at home. But here is the latest projection.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

interesting in stags region, stags could be from no.2 to 4 in the playoffs, cane bay only has stags last game to play, the creek will be no.1 with wando next and finishing with sadfort. all else comes down to last 2 games for sure. my stags game this week at sadfort this week is no.666, so lucifer has always been good to me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:38 pm
interesting in stags region, stags could be from no.2 to 4 in the playoffs, cane bay only has stags last game to play, the creek will be no.1 with wando next and finishing with sadfort. all else comes down to last 2 games for sure. my stags game this week at sadfort this week is no.666, so lucifer has always been good to me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The words of Lucifer......

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:38 pm
It was a coin flip between Berkeley - Stratford for me. Actually came down to who is the home team. They lost more games but the schedule was a little tougher. It really makes a difference between 3 and 4 because #3 Seed hosts the #4 seed from Region 5 in the first round. So a win over Stratford could be HUGE Friday night.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

So if that plays out…Gaffney might just get to host BS or another Region 2 opportunity again..don’t seem like much of a reward to me… :? Would not Hanna be the overall #1 seed ?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

mikey wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:18 pm
So if that plays out…Gaffney might just get to host BS or another Region 2 opportunity again..don’t seem like much of a reward to me… :? Would not Hanna be the overall #1 seed ?
5A doesn't do "seeding" and the #1 would always host, or a #2 would host a #3 or a #4. Now if two #1 seeds or two #2 seeds meet, there is a pre-determined HOME team on the bracket for each place where that possibility exists.

https://schsl.org/archives/11798

If #1 Gaffney and #1 T L Hanna were to play for Upper State, it would be at T L Hanna

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:07 pm
mikey wrote:
5A doesn't do "seeding" and the #1 would always host, or a #2 would host a #3 or a #4. Now if two #1 seeds or two #2 seeds meet, there is a pre-determined HOME team on the bracket for each place where that possibility exists.

If #1 Gaffney and #1 T L Hanna were to play for Upper State, it would be at T L Hanna
I get it..still sure makes Hanna seem like a 1 seed to me..been told I’m a little hard headed though.. :o heck it’s something I shouldn’t even be thinking about..we might still end up a 3 seed..

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

mikey wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:26 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
mikey wrote:

I get it..still sure makes Hanna seem like a 1 seed to me..been told I’m a little hard headed though.. :o heck it’s something I shouldn’t even be thinking about..we might still end up a 3 seed..
You are correct mikey.
Because of the way the predetermined bracket falls this year.
T.L. Hanna is essentially the #1 seed in the Upper State part of the bracket.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:35 am
mikey wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:26 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
mikey wrote:

You are correct mikey.
Because of the way the predetermined bracket falls this year.
T.L. Hanna is essentially the #1 seed in the Upper State part of the bracket.

Wonder why they didn’t have the at large playing whoever is on that line..doesn’t that make the most sense ? same for LS..but it’s SCHCL..