RF74 takes a shot at the 5A Bracket Projection

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Re: RF74 takes a shot at the 5A Bracket Projection

Post by viking84 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:57 pm
Based on results to date, this is my current projection for the 5A bracket. I'm still working on the spreadsheet matching up to the bracket just released by the SCHSL, so if there is a linking issue, please forgive me, but we all make mistakes. Just let me know and I will fix it.

When it comes to the Region positions that I have projected, remember that Bracket Projections, like Polls, are just someone's opinion and we all know, opinions are like butt holes... we all have them and some of them stink! If you don't like my projection, feel free to post your own....

After 9/22 games, I've made a couple of moves. By far and away, the most difficult Region for me is Region II. Right now, I'm thinking that the tiebreakers will be in play for Region II. Region games begin next week and some of this will move from pure conjecture to real results and move more from Projections to reality.

Lexington has Dutch fort Friday Oct..27

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

viking84 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:27 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Based on results to date, this is my current projection for the 5A bracket. I'm still working on the spreadsheet matching up to the bracket just released by the SCHSL, so if there is a linking issue, please forgive me, but we all make mistakes. Just let me know and I will fix it.

When it comes to the Region positions that I have projected, remember that Bracket Projections, like Polls, are just someone's opinion and we all know, opinions are like butt holes... we all have them and some of them stink! If you don't like my projection, feel free to post your own....

After 9/22 games, I've made a couple of moves. By far and away, the most difficult Region for me is Region II. Right now, I'm thinking that the tiebreakers will be in play for Region II. Region games begin next week and some of this will move from pure conjecture to real results and move more from Projections to reality.

[/7:30pm
Fri, 10/27
7:30pm
Dutch Fork
Dutch ForkIrmo
Away

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

viking84 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:27 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/10-27-20 ... F4FWZ1VseA

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

This is the PROJECTION of the bracket not Friday Night's Games

This is Friday's games:
4 White Knoll 4 0 REGION CHAMPS
4 Dutch Fork 2 1 Playing for #2/#3
4 Lexington 2 1 Playing for #2/#3
4 River Bluff 0 3 Playing for #4 or out
4 Chapin 0 3 Playing for #4 or out

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:31 pm

This is Friday's games:
I’m sure it, I did look at Dutch Fort schedule and they are playing Lexington this coming Friday.

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

viking84 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:27 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

This is Friday's games:
I’m sure it is, I did look at Dutch Fort schedule and they are playing Lexington this coming Friday.

Noble Savage
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Noble Savage »

Well I think it's Spartanburg, Mauldin & Spring Valley up for that at Large bid or so I hear on the radio. I don't know if beating Dorman changes anything so.....

At least I hopefully have a reason to go to The Arsenal or Harolds.

Ugh, man every team in region two has good defenses, I cannot remember the last time everyone's defense overshadowed all the offense. Strange Year.

But... It is Rivalry Week.
Beat Dorman.
Get in the playoffs and try to make some noise.
My father was Black, my mother was Decker
Believe me my friend, it doesn't get any better
Than rack and pinion reasoning, add a little seasoning
Cook at ninety-eight point six degrees!!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

viking84 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:27 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

This is Friday's games:

I’m sure it, I did look at Dutch Fort schedule and they are playing Lexington this coming Friday.
That is what it says... they are playing and the winner is #2 seed and loser will be #3 seed.

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Noble Savage wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:16 pm
Well I think it's Spartanburg, Mauldin & Spring Valley up for that at Large bid or so I hear on the radio. I don't know if beating Dorman changes anything so.....
In Region 2 Gaffney and Byrnes are Playing for Region Championship with the loser the #2 seed

A Dorman win over Spartanburg and they are #3 and Boiling Springs is the #4 and Spartanburg is #5 and likely the at large in the Upper State with a return trip to Duncan or a trip to Gaffney depending on the WINNER of that game.

A Spartanburg win over Dorman and there will be three way tie for the #3 Seed and tiebreakers will come in to play. That would be the point differences between Dorman-Spartanburg-Boiling Springs at the end of the third quarter of their games against each other.

I think the #5 seed from Region II will be the upper state at large no matter who it is.

--

--

Noble Savage
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Noble Savage »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:52 pm
Noble Savage wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:16 pm
In Region 2 Gaffney and Byrnes are Playing for Region Championship with the loser the #2 seed

A Dorman win over Spartanburg and they are #3 and Boiling Springs is the #4 and Spartanburg is #5 and likely the at large in the Upper State with a return trip to Duncan or a trip to Gaffney depending on the WINNER of that game.

A Spartanburg win over Dorman and there will be three way tie for the #3 Seed and tiebreakers will come in to play. That would be the point differences between Dorman-Spartanburg-Boiling Springs at the end of the third quarter of their games against each other.

I think the #5 seed from Region II will be the upper state at large no matter who it is.
Ok so Spartanburg was down by 7 at the end of the 3rd against Boiling Springs. Boiling Springs had a 3point lead on Dorman after 3 so that means Spartanburg has to be beating Dorman by more than 10 after 3 plus win the game to be anything other than at Large?? I'd much rather have the 4 seed than at large
My father was Black, my mother was Decker
Believe me my friend, it doesn't get any better
Than rack and pinion reasoning, add a little seasoning
Cook at ninety-eight point six degrees!!