Crestwood 27 Sumter 21 (2 OT)

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Crestwood 27 Sumter 21 (2 OT)

Post by bbrown1240 »

Great high school football game. A lot like last year except Crestwood made a couple more plays. Happy and proud of Crestwood. This may be their year to get to the state championship. This game was more about Crestwood than Sumter. A lot of talk about their QB Javion Martin but not enough about their RB Azarian Yates or their secondary. The pieces are there. Look forward to following them the rest of the year.

May have lost bragging rights but no shame in losing to Crestwood this year. Don’t think we played horrible. Sumter has some things to work out. Way too many personal fouls that extended drives. Our youth at receiver showed as we got little to no separation. Pate missed some throws as well. Our lack of size on the defensive line hurt as well as Crestwood was in a modified hammer formation most of the night. Had two chances to walk it off but had the FG blocked as time expired in regulation and missed the FG that would have won the game on OT. But well be fine. We needed a game like this and we’ll be better because of it. Should be a great one next week down in the ville.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Crestwood 27 Sumter 21 (2 OT)

Post by mikey »

I agree,Crestwood is a lot better than the polls show..Your game with Summerville should tell a lot about the Wave..Good luck..

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Thanks for posting this update BBrown. Several different scores were reported online but this was the only one which made sense for an OT score. I know Sumter has Peeples back at RB. That young man gives us fits whenever we play yall. He is very fast and tough to tackle. No doubt our coaching staff will be focused on a game plan to just trying to slow him down a little. I am thinking leg weights🤣. Really looking forward to our game this Friday!!! Should be the game of the week across the state.

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Congrats to Crestwood on this win over Sumter!!!! It sounds like it was a great game. I have to say that Crestwood has the best QB in the State, I think, in Martin. Just seeing him last year in the Playoffs against My Beaufort Eagles and seeing his highlights, I don't think there is another QB close to what he does.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

SHS Gamecock Fan
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by SHS Gamecock Fan »

This was one of the best high shool football games I have seen in a while. Stadium was sold out. Haven't seen Memorial Stadium that packed on both sides like that in a while. Sumter High had chances to win but Crestwood kept making plays to stay in the game. Crestwood was pretty good last year but I think they have put people on notice now. Running back (Yates) is a beast. QB (Martin) has gotten better each year and has some decent receivers around him. Their defense reacted quick to the ball, stayed in postion to make plays and their secondary blanketed the Sumter High receivers all night. I feel that Sumter panicked at the end of regulation being that it was a tight game and Crestwood was playing with a chip on their shoulders haven't beaten their crosstown rival in I think 10 years. I know Sumter High was playing for the field goal but I felt they could have ran a few more plays if they hurried at the end. Peoples was running wild as usual and they could have gotten a closer shot at the field goal or he could have popped one for a TD. I was glad to see that these two Sumter area teams put on a good showing against each other. There are a lot of people that are related and know each other in this rivalry on both sides. Hope Crestwood can get back and keep it competitive every year. This would be good for the community. Looking foward to see what Crestwood can do the rest of the year. Sumter will be ok. It will be hard to beat Summerville in Summerville but I feel like it will be a good game. Usually is when these two play.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

Definitely had time to hurry to the line and run one more play in regulation prior to attempting the FG. Either run the ball or maybe that play action drag route with our TE that coach likes to run.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

YALL WILL BE IN GREEN HELL FRIDAY NIGHT, MY ASS HATES THAT CHITHOLE
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:54 pm
YALL WILL BE IN GREEN HELL FRIDAY NIGHT, MY ASS HATES THAT CHITHOLE
The one time I was there was for a playoff game. It was the first time I met CitySlicker and bbrown1240 in person. Slicker pointed out that Steve LaPrad was sitting right in front of us. Sumter defeated Summerville with a long TD pass late in the game. That game was worth the 4 hour round-trip drive.

.....but parking in Summerville sucks.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

green card was not shown at that time.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

SF Band dad wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:35 pm
.....but parking in Summerville sucks.
Since then they have paved the parking area behind the stadium. I however always park along Hwy17A which makes for a very easy departure.