Congrats Summerville

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Congrats Summerville

Post by bbrown1240 »

Punched us in the mouth. Great plan to start the game. We went down 17-0 in what seemed like the first 3 minutes and your defense only played 3 plays. That was pretty impressive. Made it a lot easier for y’all to play defense the rest of the night knowing the type of team we are. Sorry we couldn’t give y’all and the state the game everyone wanted to see. However, I’m still expecting a rematch down the line.

Our DB unit is definitely our weakest unit right now. It showed some against Crestwood. Too many guys running free last night. Combination of coaches not making adjustments, DBs losing their eye discipline, and just getting beat. Did ok against the run but seemed like every other pass they threw went the distance. Have to get this corrected and I’m confident we will. Too many dropped balls by our receivers as well.

Not panicking yet. I know it’s a brutal stretch for us. Got to be better against Oceanside. I’m confident this will be a wake up call for our group.

Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Re: Congrats Summerville

Post by Justafan »

You guys just did not look prepared at all.
Did your coaching change? Look at forts offense last few years it's damn near exact same.raf took it with him to the ville.
I saw talent and flashes of really good ball from you guys. The stripes were letting both teams hold like crazy which did not play into sumters favor.
The ville is pretty good .but we were calling what they were going to run.
Was totally shocked .
The ville qb has to ease up when he's up 30
Kids going to get hurt and ruin thier season.
That's on the coach though.
Sumter usually puts up a fight.

Agree your secondary looked a bit lost at times.
All correctable. This could play into your favor come play off time though.

If summerville let's that girl sing the national anthem again they should have to forfeit every game .

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Summerville came into this game looking well prepared. It was evident the defense was focused on slowing down Peeples and the results show they succeeded. Holding Sumter to 3 points until late in the game was not something I saw coming. I knew the Summerville offense would put points on the board and the real question was going to be if we could slow down the Sumter offense. With the current playoff format this game was really just a glorified scrimmage having no impact on playoff seedings. It all comes down to region play. I can see it coming down to Sumter vs Carolina Forest for the 1 seed in their region. Good luck the rest of the regular season Sumter and we will likely see a rematch down the road.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

GoBigGreen wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:36 am
Summerville came into this game looking well prepared. It was evident the defense was focused on slowing down Peeples and the results show they succeeded. Holding Sumter to 3 points until late in the game was not something I saw coming. I knew the Summerville offense would put points on the board and the real question was going to be if we could slow down the Sumter offense.
I agree, and when I told you that the Wave would be rolling, I never thought it would be like this...
GoBigGreen wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:36 am
With the current playoff format this game was really just a glorified scrimmage having no impact on playoff seedings. It all comes down to region play. I can see it coming down to Sumter vs Carolina Forest for the 1 seed in their region. Good luck the rest of the regular season Sumter and we will likely see a rematch down the road.
Yeah, even with wins over both teams, you could have to travel to Sumter or Myrtle Beach in the playoffs if you are both #1 seeds from your Region. It all depends on the "PRE-DETERMINED" bracket that is yet to be seen from the SCHSL. They still have the 2022 brackets posted at www.schsl.org as of 11:30 9/16/2023.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

It is puzzling that we are this far into the season and they have not posted the bracket.

Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Justafan »

GoBigGreen wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:10 pm
It is puzzling that we are this far into the season and they have not posted the bracket.
Second time I've been through metal detectors at a game 1st was in Charlotte at Providence.
Quite disconcerting.
I'd imagine dorchester 2 is going to that.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Nm
Last edited by GoBigGreen on Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

I have been through them at Carolina Forest this year along with Summerville. In previous seasons went through them at Conway and Sumter.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

GoBigGreen wrote:
https://schsl.org/archives/11798

Region 5 #1 seed would HOST Region 7 #1 seed if they meet.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Justafan »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:22 am
GoBigGreen wrote:
https://schsl.org/archives/11798

Region 5 #1 seed would HOST Region 7 #1 seed if they meet.
Back to dirty mytle...