Dillon vs Aynor

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Dillon vs Aynor

Post by PeeDeeFootballFan »

This one shouldn’t be close..but stranger things have happened. Dillon’s run game is amazing. But Aynor slows the game down and onside kicks every time to generate additional possessions and grind clock. According to the stats in the Pee Dee paper, the Dillon QB is completing a little more than 50% of his passes and has thrown for less than 90 yards a game with 2TDs and 2 picks for the entire season. Somehow has offers to Tennessee and Pitt which is baffling. I’ve seen him play last year in the playoffs and this year against Hartsville and it isn’t good. They could basically put anyone in there and hand it off and that is their entire offense. If Aynor can control the clock is there any chance Dillon doesn’t have the firepower in the pass game to score quickly if needed? Although they do score quick running it. With an average QB they should throw for 250+ against Aynor because Aynor doesn’t have the athletes to cover the Dillon guys outside. If I am correct Aynor is the last team to beat Dillon in region play. I don’t think it will happen, but sometimes matchups and how teams play makes a difference. Aynor won’t have the speed but they will be physical. It seems more likely Aynor could knock off Dillon than Manning even though Manning has a better record and beat Aynor. Dillon is in trouble come playoff time because they cannot throw the ball at all and are so one dimensional. As of now I’ll take Crestwood, Phillip Simmons, Gilbert, and maybe even Camden over Dillon because Dillon has no QB and their defense hasn’t been playing like the nasty cats of old times since the DC left. Dillon is getting love in the polls, but don’t see Dillon coming out of the lower state this year even with the great OL. Too easy to shut down their offense with any kind of game plan and aggressiveness sending heat on the QB who looks lost most of the time. Only seen Dillon play once this year in person against Hartsville, but they seem to have fallen off based on everything I hear about them in the Pee Dee.