Playoffs?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Playoffs?

Post by DFOLDMAN »

I'm fairly certain Tom Knotts sounds about like Jim Mora these days...

All kidding aside, proud of Coach Pelham- he is doing it right there at Red Bank, overalls and all. I know the DF faithful would love him or Eric Kimrey to come take the reins when Coach Knotts rides off into the sunset.

Got Hunt back at QB, but the rust was apparent....a couple picks and fumble, at least 3 turnovers. Can't do that against a good team. Uphill climb now for sure. The defense has not let DF down, save maybe the first game. A lot of the points they have given up, the offense was responsible for giving up the ball and giving the opposition good field position. I think DF faithful are seeing what an average offense looks like after being exposed to top-shelf play previously. I think this year makes folks realize just how good players like Appler, Jones and especially Jarvis Green really were last year. That is true, but to me after watching film the biggest concern is the OL. They are big and strong, no doubt but seem a little uncertain on responsibilities and what to do. DF has been spoiled with dominant OLs like last year or 2020. The two starters from last season- one has moved to TE and the other is out for the year it appears. Experience and coaching will solve this, but they are running out of time. They need a region win in the worst kinda way. That sounds odd when you realize the last region loss they had was eight years ago. Need to find their mojo!
haha.
We know TK is working on that.

Fear The Fox...

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Re: Playoffs?

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:03 am
Got Hunt back at QB, but the rust was apparent....
Much respect to that young man for making it back from that injury.

I'm sure Coach Knotts will get him dialed back in.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:25 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Shoulder injuries are tough. Too many turnovers and too many penalties. Always a recipe for disaster any time.

Hopefully, he will improve each week. Just need some wins now...got to make the playoffs!

Fear The Fox...

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:31 am
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:25 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Shoulder injuries are tough. Too many turnovers and too many penalties. Always a recipe for disaster any time.

Hopefully, he will improve each week. Just need some wins now...got to make the playoffs!

Fear The Fox...
Should White Knoll hold serve and win out.
This will likely push Dutch Fork to the upper state side of the playoff bracket.

SCPrepTalk SCHSL 5A Football Playoff Projection after Week 6
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10448

I'll try to get updated projections up later today or tomorrow. :geek:

Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Justafan »

DFOLDMAN wrote:

I'm fairly certain Tom Knotts sounds about like Jim Mora these days...

All kidding aside, proud of Coach Pelham- he is doing it right there at Red Bank, overalls and all. I know the DF faithful would love him or Eric Kimrey to come take the reins when Coach Knotts rides off into the sunset.

Got Hunt back at QB, but the rust was apparent....a couple picks and fumble, at least 3 turnovers. Can't do that against a good team. Uphill climb now for sure. The defense has not let DF down, save maybe the first game. A lot of the points they have given up, the offense was responsible for giving up the ball and giving the opposition good field position. I think DF faithful are seeing what an average offense looks like after being exposed to top-shelf play previously. I think this year makes folks realize just how good players like Appler, Jones and especially Jarvis Green really were last year. That is true, but to me after watching film the biggest concern is the OL. They are big and strong, no doubt but seem a little uncertain on responsibilities and what to do. DF has been spoiled with dominant OLs like last year or 2020. The two starters from last season- one has moved to TE and the other is out for the year it appears. Experience and coaching will solve this, but they are running out of time. They need a region win in the worst kinda way. That sounds odd when you realize the last region loss they had was eight years ago. Need to find their mojo!
haha.
We know TK is working on that.

Fear The Fox...
Oline experience is often over looked .
A under appreciation position. We aren't where we should be in that respect either .
That is key to offensive flow .
Yall will be fine in a few weeks.

Football Maniac
No Team Affiliation

Post by Football Maniac »

Dutch Fork will beat Chapin, Lexington, and River Bluff. They will finish up 5-5 and hit their stride in the post season. They played a killer non conference schedule. Besides, that WK-DF game was one of they best high school football games that I have witnessed in some time. It reminded me of the 2A playoff slobber-knocker game between Gilbert and Swansea back in the 1990. But, like I said earlier, I think DF finishes 2nd in the region. Besides, you get Lexington at home.