Greenwood vs Pickens "Senior Night at GHS"

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Greenwood vs Pickens "Senior Night at GHS"

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Hopefully, Greenwood can bounce back, regroup and use this game to work out the kinks. The playoffs is coming so lets make a good run towards the state championship.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Greenwood vs Pickens "Senior Night at GHS"

Post by 96fanatic »

Greenwood wins this one .
GO GET'EM EAGLES!

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

StateChampsGHS wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:29 am
Hopefully, Greenwood can bounce back, regroup and use this game to work out the kinks. The playoffs is coming so lets make a good run towards the state championship.
I'm sorry to be the realist here, but I will be. Pickens is not good at all. So it's hard to call this bouncing back. Playoffs. May make it to the second round, but probably going out in the first. State Championship? Long way to go before sniffing that again.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

eagle93 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:13 pm
StateChampsGHS wrote:
I'm sorry to be the realist here, but I will be. Pickens is not good at all. So it's hard to call this bouncing back. Playoffs. May make it to the second round, but probably going out in the first. State Championship? Long way to go before sniffing that again.
We all know Pickens isn't good. That's why I said bounce back and regroup from the lost they took from Greenville High and use this game against Pickens to get better and work out the mistakes. Greenwood is not a bad team. Just need to get those players mentality prepared for the tougher matchups.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

StateChampsGHS wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:18 am
eagle93 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:13 pm
StateChampsGHS wrote:
We all know Pickens isn't good. That's why I said bounce back and regroup from the lost they took from Greenville High and use this game against Pickens to get better and work out the mistakes. Greenwood is not a bad team. Just need to get those players mentality prepared for the tougher matchups.
It's not a championship team either. It's about average. No reliable receivers, but one kid who isn't tall at all and the line could be better. It is what it is.

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

I was hanging out in the Raleigh, Chapel Hill, NC area last Friday. Someone was like, what's the Greenwood score. Losing 41 nothing at the half. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry honestly.

As for this game, I'll echo what I've already said. Battle for 3rd place goes to Greenwood. I can't imagine Greenwood losing to this Pickens team. That are that bad.

As for playoffs, might not get out of the 1st round. If we're lucky enough to advance to the 2nd round, it will be just in time for Greenwood's annual season ending 2nd round ass whipping at the hands of Northwestern.

The Greenwood kids that are out there are trying. Greenwood just doesn't have the jimmys and Joe's any longer. Not enough anyways.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:33 pm
I was hanging out in the Raleigh, Chapel Hill, NC area last Friday. Someone was like, what's the Greenwood score. Losing 41 nothing at the half. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry honestly.

As for this game, I'll echo what I've already said. Battle for 3rd place goes to Greenwood. I can't imagine Greenwood losing to this Pickens team. That are that bad.

As for playoffs, might not get out of the 1st round. If we're lucky enough to advance to the 2nd round, it will be just in time for Greenwood's annual season ending 2nd round ass whipping at the hands of Northwestern.

The Greenwood kids that are out there are trying. Greenwood just doesn't have the jimmys and Joe's any longer. Not enough anyways.
Man you should have came to Charlotte! If they make it to the second round and play NW hit me up brother. If you don't feel like driving back just crash at my place. I've only been scoreboard watching lately. Just been busy. But dang, anytime they play a good team they get blown out. What's going on down there? Liner is a good coach. Do they just not have any good players?

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

EmeraldCityEagle98 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:55 pm
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:

Man you should have came to Charlotte! If they make it to the second round and play NW hit me up brother. If you don't feel like driving back just crash at my place. I've only been scoreboard watching lately. Just been busy. But dang, anytime they play a good team they get blown out. What's going on down there? Liner is a good coach. Do they just not have any good players?
I wouldn't say they have no good players. The QB is legit if the oline can give him time. I think he will get a scholarship. He needs help from the team. One reliable receiver, but he is short and teams make sure they know where he is. Tall receivers drop open passes. Receivers don't scramble to get open when the QB is in trouble. Job of coaches to teach this. Running backs are decent, but 23 seems to have a little more juice and speed. Defense is good at times, but in some games they didn't seem to make adjustments during the game to stop what the opponent was doing. They aren't a super talented D1 loaded team, but a complete coaching staff could get the most from them and have more success. Up to Liner to tweak his staff and find those kids that should be playing.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

eagle93 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:30 pm
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:

I wouldn't say they have no good players. The QB is legit if the oline can give him time. I think he will get a scholarship. He needs help from the team. One reliable receiver, but he is short and teams make sure they know where he is. Tall receivers drop open passes. Receivers don't scramble to get open when the QB is in trouble. Job of coaches to teach this. Running backs are decent, but 23 seems to have a little more juice and speed. Defense is good at times, but in some games they didn't seem to make adjustments during the game to stop what the opponent was doing. They aren't a super talented D1 loaded team, but a complete coaching staff could get the most from them and have more success. Up to Liner to tweak his staff and find those kids that should be playing.
Will Liner make changes or settle???

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

StateChampsGHS wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:37 am
eagle93 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:30 pm
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:

Will Liner make changes or settle???
I would think that he has to.