Smh I feel bad for Indian Land those refs In Greer smh

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Re: Smh I feel bad for Indian Land those refs In Greer smh

Post by Justafan »

GoBigGreen wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:07 pm
Wow. That is just pathetic. Is it certain that it was roughing the kicker and not some other call? I ask because the kicker did not appear to be touched. If that was really the call then you have an adult ref ending the football career of every senior on that team that will not be playing at the next level. Those young men likely played football their entire lives and will have to live with the fact that they were cheated out of moving on to the next round. I would hope that there is some type of appeal that could be made but feel there likely is not. Man, just terrible...
Absolutely horrid .

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

I wish the video went on for another 5 seconds. Towards the end of the video it appears to jump a few frames and then stop. I wonder if something happened just after he kicked the ball. I wish I had access to HUDL to see the entire play.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

This video says it was roughing the HOLDER. Look around 20:50. You cannot see the hit on the holder but it at least makes more sense as the kicker did not appear to have been hit.

https://youtu.be/8TtWeFF_kPI?feature=shared

Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Justafan »

GoBigGreen wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:06 pm
This video says it was roughing the HOLDER. Look around 20:50. You cannot see the hit on the holder but it at least makes more sense as the kicker did not appear to have been hit.

Watched the Twitter vid didn't look like holder got hit did a LeBron got the call.
That double pump half back pass cost them.should threw in 1st pump..
Bad call Bad acting job. From our angle the refs angle is different ofcourse.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Justafan wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:31 pm
GoBigGreen wrote:

Watched the Twitter vid didn't look like holder got hit did a LeBron got the call.
That double pump half back pass cost them.should threw in 1st pump..
Bad call Bad acting job. From our angle the refs angle is different ofcourse.
Love the Lebum comparison…

#mikeisthegoat.. ;)

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

WRHIRadio wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:55 pm
GoBigGreen wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:07 pm
Wow. That is just pathetic. Is it certain that it was roughing the kicker and not some other call? I ask because the kicker did not appear to be touched. If that was really the call then you have an adult ref ending the football career of every senior on that team that will not be playing at the next level. Those young men likely played football their entire lives and will have to live with the fact that they were cheated out of moving on to the next round. I would hope that there is some type of appeal that could be made but feel there likely is not. Man, just terrible...
yes, the call was roughing the kicker.
Others are reporting it was "roughing the holder". Still, I don't see that in the video posted.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Nobody, including the holder, gets touched 🤦‍♂️

https://twitter.com/coachomoore/status/172159 ... WEMJcwrZWw
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

The officials job is to adjudicate the game not determine its outcome. Really horrible to have an official determine the ending of a teams season on a call like this.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

7timechamps wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:34 pm
Nobody, including the holder, gets touched 🤦‍♂️

https://twitter.com/coachomoore/status/172159 ... WEMJcwrZWw
You are right.

That call sucked. :(

WRHIRadio
WRHI Radio - OTS Sports Network AM:1340 FM:94.3

Post by WRHIRadio »

GoBigGreen wrote:

We were present at the game. The holder collapsed in emotion after the miss, it wasn't a flop. The referee apparently was distracted watching the kick, when he looked down he saw players laying everywhere and threw a flag. The kicker, nor the holder were touched. The referee totally missed the call, there is no way around it. I always subscribe to this rule for the officials.."If you don't see it, you can't throw the flag." It may look like something happened but you can only throw the flag if you actually saw it occur. There is no way he could throw a flag if he saw the play. He had to be distracted by the kick/hitting the uprights.