Greenwood v Northwestern

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Greenwood v Northwestern

Post by NHSTrojan »

What can we expect different from last years visit from Greenwood in Round 2?

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood v Northwestern

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:34 pm
More than likely nothing. Probably be about the same. perhaps we can play well enough to keep from getting a running clock at least until around the third quarter instead of in the second like last year.

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

I think the road ends on Friday for Greenwood. Northwestern is looking better and better every week. I got Northwestern by 21 but not without a good fight from Gwood.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Different offensive look, but probably same results. Just don't have what it takes to compete at the top right now. Hopefully it changes in the future. But not too distant future. We are getting older.

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

WShornets69 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:03 am
I think the road ends on Friday for Greenwood. Northwestern is looking better and better every week. I got Northwestern by 21 but not without a good fight from Gwood.
21? That would mean Greenwood is the best team in SC that Northwestern would have faced so far. I’m thinking that’s the under in case of a bad game.

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

I was hoping for more. Then I heard a couple key players were out this week. That’s gotta hurt.

Interested in the Greenwood thoughts on Greenville and Westside teams. It’s possible our path to Orangeburg is the same teams as last year. South Pointe, Greer and Midland Valley May have something to say about that of course.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 am
I was hoping for more. Then I heard a couple key players were out this week. That’s gotta hurt.

Interested in the Greenwood thoughts on Greenville and Westside teams. It’s possible our path to Orangeburg is the same teams as last year. South Pointe, Greer and Midland Valley May have something to say about that of course.
They had Westside beat. Came in flat and stayed flat against Greenville. Was never in the game.. Porter did a good job prepping his team and they came in motivated.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Norrthwestern by at least 42
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

eagle93 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:10 pm
NHSTrojan wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 am

They had Westside beat. Came in flat and stayed flat against Greenville. Was never in the game.. Porter did a good job prepping his team and they came in motivated.
GWD did not have Westside “Beat”. Game was close the whole time. Better team won plus WHS was playing without #5 at WR

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

eagle93 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:19 am
NHSTrojan wrote:
Different offensive look, but probably same results. Just don't have what it takes to compete at the top right now. Hopefully it changes in the future. But not too distant future. We are getting older.
I was thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago. Will our generation ever see Greenwood competing at a high level again lol? I'm not even worried about this game. I live in the Charlotte area so It's an easy drive for me. This will be the first time I've seen them all year. I'm not sure what happened to the radio station. they used to stream online but I guess they don't now.