Byrnes vs Hillcrest

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Byrnes vs Hillcrest

Post by likeitRnot »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:10 am
likeitRnot wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:43 am
ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:26 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:44 am
Sullyman44 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:49 pm
You don't have to play the best to be the best just beat the best...Hillcrest over Byrnes 27 24 in ot

Well, I never thought we were the best, but we played two quarters and three plays like we were...

Then we started our routine "play to not get beat" mode instead of "PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" mode and you guys took full advantage of that mode. Congratulations to the RAMS!

The writing has been on the wall for 7 years now. Byrnes plays not to lose, instead of just trying to bury everyone they play. I thought this team was talent enough to win state in spite of the coach’s mentality, I was wrong. Byrnes need some new blood at the top or 9-3 and a region title once a decade will continue to be the norm. The talent from 20 years ago hasn’t went anywhere, just the mentality.
Somethings need to change, when you talk about mentality ! That mentality still lives in Lyman and that mentality would be getting a call to come back home after his season!

As far as this season , to win a region title with just record wise was a down year! Gaffney is very good don't get me wrong , and to win @ Gaffney is huge but this team SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR A STATECHAMPIONSHIP I am hearing with the mass exit of certain players transferring out, Byrnes will only be a glorified JV team!
I think those certain players may stick around, but a change is needed at the top. Can’t keep hanging it on the OC. 5 OCs in 7 years. OC isn’t the problem, HC is. Great guy, but he has reach his ceiling. If Byrnes wants to be elite you better have an elite coach and we haven’t since 2013.
Made great point and it is hard to disagree! Second Round only with this team?

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

likeitRnot wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:15 am
ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:10 am
likeitRnot wrote:
ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sullyman44 wrote:
You don't have to play the best to be the best just beat the best...Hillcrest over Byrnes 27 24 in ot

Well, I never thought we were the best, but we played two quarters and three plays like we were...

Then we started our routine "play to not get beat" mode instead of "PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" mode and you guys took full advantage of that mode. Congratulations to the RAMS!

The writing has been on the wall for 7 years now. Byrnes plays not to lose, instead of just trying to bury everyone they play. I thought this team was talent enough to win state in spite of the coach’s mentality, I was wrong. Byrnes need some new blood at the top or 9-3 and a region title once a decade will continue to be the norm. The talent from 20 years ago hasn’t went anywhere, just the mentality.
Somethings need to change, when you talk about mentality ! That mentality still lives in Lyman and that mentality would be getting a call to come back home after his season!

As far as this season , to win a region title with just record wise was a down year! Gaffney is very good don't get me wrong , and to win @ Gaffney is huge but this team SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR A STATECHAMPIONSHIP I am hearing with the mass exit of certain players transferring out, Byrnes will only be a glorified JV team!
I think those certain players may stick around, but a change is needed at the top. Can’t keep hanging it on the OC. 5 OCs in 7 years. OC isn’t the problem, HC is. Great guy, but he has reach his ceiling. If Byrnes wants to be elite you better have an elite coach and we haven’t since 2013.
Made great point and it is hard to disagree! Second Round only with this team?
I told someone after Friday night, you would hard pressed to find a team during any of the state title teams that were more talented than this one top to bottom. No excuse to not be in Orangeburg this year. Change is needed or average will be the new norm.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

likeitRnot wrote:
ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sullyman44 wrote:

How many are expected to leave?

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:06 pm
likeitRnot wrote:
ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sullyman44 wrote:

How many are expected to leave?
I think it could come down to if a change is made or not.

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Total squirrel moment here...whatever happened to guys like Tre Elder and Daniel Barton? I always thought Barton had an interesting story esp as a backup. Also, has Byrnes ever entertained taking a shot at the former HC from Chapman, Hodge?

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:06 pm
Total squirrel moment here...whatever happened to guys like Tre Elder and Daniel Barton? I always thought Barton had an interesting story esp as a backup. Also, has Byrnes ever entertained taking a shot at the former HC from Chapman, Hodge?
Would Hodge really leave Spartanburg?

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:09 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
I have no idea. I've always thought of the Byrnes crowd as the type to go and get whoever they wanted. All the transferring around over there with schools like Byrnes, Spartan High, etc. makes me wonder what it's going to be like when the charter opens up that purchased the Upward property. Can you imagine building a sports program out of Byrnes, Dorman, Broome, Spartan High, Gaffney and the likes? Jeez!

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:16 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
HoodRoad wrote:
I have no idea. I've always thought of the Byrnes crowd as the type to go and get whoever they wanted. All the transferring around over there with schools like Byrnes, Spartan High, etc. makes me wonder what it's going to be like when the charter opens up that purchased the Upward property. Can you imagine building a sports program out of Byrnes, Dorman, Broome, Spartan High, Gaffney and the likes? Jeez!
I'm not sold on Byrnes making a change, but that is just my opinion.

Yeah that Charter will be something else, and not in the good way.

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:33 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:16 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
HoodRoad wrote:
I'm not sold on Byrnes making a change, but that is just my opinion.

Yeah that Charter will be something else, and not in the good way.
The charter may seem good, but I think the HSL will force them to play in their own division. As for a change, I’m not sold it will happen, but one is needed. No more excuses for not winning it all, especially with the dudes in that locker room this year.

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

HoodRoad wrote:
Tre Elder ,I think is still in the area , not sure if he is coaching! Maybe some QB training last I heard! Have not heard anything about Daniel in a while now, Think Coach Hodge turned the job down a few years back when it was open!

Just time for revamping , I remember when our C-Team would never lose ,now they are getting beat by like 40 pts verse good teams. Have too much talent coming up to let them get exposed to bad habits to carry over! I hate to say it but people laughed when I said losing Tony Gillespie would hurt because he was put of the Byrnes Culture and The Empire era and Karma came back Friday Night!

Athletes Like:
0,1,2,3,4,5, 6, 8,18, 21
I mean geeezzzzzzz ...that's 7-8 scores every game !