Congrats Dutch Fork

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Congrats Dutch Fork

Post by mikey »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:21 am
mikey wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:14 am
Blister wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:53 am
Not sure what is is with Gaffney. Now DF has a great defense, but I don’t think there is a team in the state with as much overall talent as Gaffney. Huge up front. Good QB. And more speed than anybody. And for the offense to not even score a TD is embarrassing. I don’t know if it is just a lack of overall team discipline, bad play calling, or a combination of the two. But Gaffney has too much talent to implode like they do at times.
That is the word going around after the latest egg was laid…I not gonna make any excuse what so ever here,however to the Coaches defense we ahead 10 kids with some kind of sickness and some didn’t even practice that week…I have no idea who they were but everyone suited up so there’s that…maybe they weren’t complete over it I don’t know..Our leading tackler (0) and emotional leader did not play due a shoulder injury..If any one has watched Gaffney this year they know that boy is a beast at LB..I think he has 4 interceptions with 2 returned for TD’s…again no excuse…we had quite a few drops and overthrows on passes that would have been for big plays which is uncharacteristic for us..As in the Spartanburg game we had it twice inside the 10 in the first quarter and only came away with 3 points which I put on piss poor play calling when up against a stout defense like DF has..

Why Dan chose chose not use the visitor Locker room is a mystery to me…maybe he was looking for some kind of psychological advantage,but I think it was just a distraction…As far as penalties…as long as the refs see that G on the helmet they gonna look for the holding,always been that way…the personal fouls are a product of being Gaffney they don’t take well to trash talk…

I don’t see Gaffney cleaning house which I think needs to be done…the whole County is run on the good ole boy system..School board,City council and County council included..almost everyone on the staff is a Gaffney graduate..That’s the reason why they ran Phil Strickland off,he wouldn’t have any of it…

I agree Gaffney has to much talent to keep doing this,..will things change …I doubt it..but I think Donnie just called a bubble screen..have a good day and good luck to all the teams still playing…and again Congrats to the foxes you just plain out whooped our arse.. :oops:
I don't know him, but just from the video I've seen, Jones seems like a decent fella, and he beat Knotts twice on the biggest stage. Not many coaches can say that in NC or SC. DF feels Gaffney's pain...the refs usually eat them up too. I work with a SCHSL ref and he admitted to my face, they call it tighter on DF, especially if the game is starting to get out of hand...his words, not mine. I suspect same applies to Gaffney.

As always, playing Gaffney is a privilege. Only way you get better is play the best.

Greatest Story Ever…

Delete My Account…

Fear The Fox…
Dan is good man,I have no problem with his character…I also think the kids love the whole coaching staff no doubt…But is that the problem..? While I don’t believe a coach should make the kids hate him, he does need to make them accountable and dislike you at at times for it..

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:
Not sure what is is with Gaffney. Now DF has a great defense, but I don’t think there is a team in the state with as much overall talent as Gaffney. Huge up front. Good QB. And more speed than anybody. And for the offense to not even score a TD is embarrassing. I don’t know if it is just a lack of overall team discipline, bad play calling, or a combination of the two. But Gaffney has too much talent to implode like they do at times.
That is the word going around after the latest egg was laid…I not gonna make any excuse what so ever here,however to the Coaches defense we ahead 10 kids with some kind of sickness and some didn’t even practice that week…I have no idea who they were but everyone suited up so there’s that…maybe they weren’t complete over it I don’t know..Our leading tackler (0) and emotional leader did not play due a shoulder injury..If any one has watched Gaffney this year they know that boy is a beast at LB..I think he has 4 interceptions with 2 returned for TD’s…again no excuse…we had quite a few drops and overthrows on passes that would have been for big plays which is uncharacteristic for us..As in the Spartanburg game we had it twice inside the 10 in the first quarter and only came away with 3 points which I put on piss poor play calling when up against a stout defense like DF has..

Why Dan chose chose not use the visitor Locker room is a mystery to me…maybe he was looking for some kind of psychological advantage,but I think it was just a distraction…As far as penalties…as long as the refs see that G on the helmet they gonna look for the holding,always been that way…the personal fouls are a product of being Gaffney they don’t take well to trash talk…

I don’t see Gaffney cleaning house which I think needs to be done…the whole County is run on the good ole boy system..School board,City council and County council included..almost everyone on the staff is a Gaffney graduate..That’s the reason why they ran Phil Strickland off,he wouldn’t have any of it…

I agree Gaffney has to much talent to keep doing this,..will things change …I doubt it..but I think Donnie just called a bubble screen..have a good day and good luck to all the teams still playing…and again Congrats to the foxes you just plain out whooped our arse.. :oops:
Gaffney gets blown out again!! :D
"Spartan High"

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Victory6 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 am
mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:

Yep…it happens..just not by Spartanburg… ;)

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

mikey wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:26 am
Victory6 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:

Yep....not by Spartanburg, but by a team Spartanburg beat!! ;) :D
"Spartan High"

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Victory6 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:59 pm
mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:

Yep a Spartanburg team that Gaffney beat.. :D

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:33 pm
Victory6 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:

Can't you just feel that Indian-Viking love....lol

Greatest Story Ever...

Delete My Account...

Fear The Fox...

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Blister wrote:

Yep but it wasn't a blowout like you thought it would be!! ;) :D Y'all need to change the name from Gaffney Indians to Gaffney Tornado Shelter because y'all get blown out a lot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Spartan High"

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Victory6 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 am
mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
mikey wrote:

Yep but it wasn't a blowout like you thought it would be!! ;) :D Y'all need to change the name from Gaffney Indians to Gaffney Tornado Shelter because y'all get blown out a lot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Y’all need to need to change of your new stadium to Reservation 2 cause we always win there.. :idea:

Phantom55
No Team Affiliation

Post by Phantom55 »

Spartanburg got that new school and stadium with a good coach mark hodge and still can’t do nothing smh

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

Phantom55 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:25 pm
Spartanburg got that new school and stadium with a good coach mark hodge and still can’t do nothing smh
And so what?