Brookland Cayce Smashes Crestwood

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
nastycats1988
Dillon Wildcats

Re: Brookland Cayce Smashes Crestwood

Post by nastycats1988 »

PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:51 am
nastycats1988 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:17 pm
PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:02 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:26 am
PeeDeeFootballFan said Crestwood was elite. No, I didn't watch the game. :lol:
Hey 1CATFAN, I can tell you who isn’t elite. Dillon with their one dimensional offense and Swiss cheese defense. If they actually play anyone next year outside of the weakest region in the state maybe we will find out if their NC QB can throw the ball to get them a win against varsity competition. Crestwood had a great season and one of their best seasons ever. They got caught being too one dimensional with the pass and their defense was obviously less than elite in the playoffs when it mattered. Dillon better fix that defense and find someone who can throw the ball if they want a shot at the opportunity to play for a state championship anytime soon.

Oh that’s right ya’ll got destroyed by Camden and I heard fans were leaving the stadium early because of how bad ya’ll got outplayed when the run game got taken away. Oh that’s right Crestwood beat Camden and won their region. Let me know how Dillon does next year with their weak schedule walking into the playoffs undefeated and walking out of those white walls with their tails between their legs. That’s right what do they have between those intimidating white walls in the last 2 years…3 losses including both playoff losses at home. It ain’t so scary in Dillon anymore.
Thats been the problem we have a Glaring weakness at QB. He is holding us back badly. Crestwood had a SHRINE BOWL QB. Still lost(shaking my head)
Not sure why you’d play a QB who probably isn’t even eligible since he lives in Lumberton,NC if you think he is such a liability. My understanding is that he has lots college offers and people think he is the next big thing coming out of Dillon football. You can rely all you want on the rings you’ve won in the past. Haven’t gotten it done lately and I don’t think too many teams are scared of the white walls anymore since you’ve lost 3 at home in the last 2 years. Doesn’t look very good next year for Dillon either since you lose half that line that protected your QB. Imagine what it’s gonna look like when he has to get rid of the ball under any pressure. Probably not pretty next year in the passing game at all.

Although you play in the weakest region in the state and play a weak non region to pad those stats so probably go into the playoffs undefeated and lose in the second round. I don’t see Dillon being busy practicing football on Thanksgiving until you figure out the passing game and start playing defense again. Same look on D every play and no one besides your middle line backer is looking for contact. Gonna be a tough few next Novembers for the the “pussycats.” And will Dillon redeem themselves? Not in the next few years with that JV kid at QB, no offensive line left after Thompson and the other tackle leave, and no defensive backfield and losing your MLB.

I went to the Hartsville vs Dillon game just to see how good each team was. Neither team was very good and the most glaring issue for Dillon was their defense couldn’t tackle. Running for a lot of yards doesn’t mean you have a great offense, it may mean you are playing bad defenses. I didn’t see the Camden game, but from what I hear their defensive backs can’t cover either and play ten yards off giving up slants and stops at 8-10 yards. If you have athletes but can’t coach em or use their skills then just keep beating a bunch of non athletes at Aynor, Georgetown, and Waccamaw and getting smoked in the playoffs against teams who are actually multiple on offense and also play defense.

Like I said, probably gonna be a tough year next year for the pussycats in November. You’ll be ranked and undefeated playing nobodies in region and a pathetic region schedule but the cream will rise to the top in the playoffs with the best coaching staffs at Camden, Gilbert, and BC. I don’t think Crestwood has the best staff and they had the best QB and several athletes this year that could have made it happen, but I’m tired of hearing about them white walls when you just keep losing between them.
Could you send me ANY video footage of yalls State Championship trophy celebrations. Any Trophies in yall trophy case. Dem trophies hiding like Waldo man. Let me say it again. Man I can't even have this convo with you. Yall not even sitting at our table. Now an Abbeville fan yes, Byrnes yep but the Crestwood Knight man SHINE NO. Not one ring in sight. Not even a bubble gum machine ring. NOTHING. I refuse to go back and forth with a losing program. We just went to the 4th round the last two years and you call us washed. YALL NEVER WAS. Finger pointg, fussing and ejections. Yall went out JUST LIKE I THOUGHT YOU would. You know what yall elite at? UNDERACHIEVING. Clowns. Everybody in our city knew that weakness at QB would get us. I believe he is transferring though(Thanks be to the Lord). Defense was just young and Camden folks said our defense(even young) defended them better than Crestwood's did. Yall team was FULL of seniors. we got a good bit coming back next year on D and a much better QB thats home grown. Our OLINE is always gonna be good. We have the best Oline coach in the state. Even before Josiah Our OLINES have always been physical and dominant.

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Post by PeeDeeFootballFan »

nastycats1988 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:51 pm
PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:51 am
nastycats1988 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:17 pm
PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:02 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:26 am
PeeDeeFootballFan said Crestwood was elite. No, I didn't watch the game. :lol:
Hey 1CATFAN, I can tell you who isn’t elite. Dillon with their one dimensional offense and Swiss cheese defense. If they actually play anyone next year outside of the weakest region in the state maybe we will find out if their NC QB can throw the ball to get them a win against varsity competition. Crestwood had a great season and one of their best seasons ever. They got caught being too one dimensional with the pass and their defense was obviously less than elite in the playoffs when it mattered. Dillon better fix that defense and find someone who can throw the ball if they want a shot at the opportunity to play for a state championship anytime soon.

Oh that’s right ya’ll got destroyed by Camden and I heard fans were leaving the stadium early because of how bad ya’ll got outplayed when the run game got taken away. Oh that’s right Crestwood beat Camden and won their region. Let me know how Dillon does next year with their weak schedule walking into the playoffs undefeated and walking out of those white walls with their tails between their legs. That’s right what do they have between those intimidating white walls in the last 2 years…3 losses including both playoff losses at home. It ain’t so scary in Dillon anymore.
Thats been the problem we have a Glaring weakness at QB. He is holding us back badly. Crestwood had a SHRINE BOWL QB. Still lost(shaking my head)
Not sure why you’d play a QB who probably isn’t even eligible since he lives in Lumberton,NC if you think he is such a liability. My understanding is that he has lots college offers and people think he is the next big thing coming out of Dillon football. You can rely all you want on the rings you’ve won in the past. Haven’t gotten it done lately and I don’t think too many teams are scared of the white walls anymore since you’ve lost 3 at home in the last 2 years. Doesn’t look very good next year for Dillon either since you lose half that line that protected your QB. Imagine what it’s gonna look like when he has to get rid of the ball under any pressure. Probably not pretty next year in the passing game at all.

Although you play in the weakest region in the state and play a weak non region to pad those stats so probably go into the playoffs undefeated and lose in the second round. I don’t see Dillon being busy practicing football on Thanksgiving until you figure out the passing game and start playing defense again. Same look on D every play and no one besides your middle line backer is looking for contact. Gonna be a tough few next Novembers for the the “pussycats.” And will Dillon redeem themselves? Not in the next few years with that JV kid at QB, no offensive line left after Thompson and the other tackle leave, and no defensive backfield and losing your MLB.

I went to the Hartsville vs Dillon game just to see how good each team was. Neither team was very good and the most glaring issue for Dillon was their defense couldn’t tackle. Running for a lot of yards doesn’t mean you have a great offense, it may mean you are playing bad defenses. I didn’t see the Camden game, but from what I hear their defensive backs can’t cover either and play ten yards off giving up slants and stops at 8-10 yards. If you have athletes but can’t coach em or use their skills then just keep beating a bunch of non athletes at Aynor, Georgetown, and Waccamaw and getting smoked in the playoffs against teams who are actually multiple on offense and also play defense.

Like I said, probably gonna be a tough year next year for the pussycats in November. You’ll be ranked and undefeated playing nobodies in region and a pathetic region schedule but the cream will rise to the top in the playoffs with the best coaching staffs at Camden, Gilbert, and BC. I don’t think Crestwood has the best staff and they had the best QB and several athletes this year that could have made it happen, but I’m tired of hearing about them white walls when you just keep losing between them.
Could you send me ANY video footage of yalls State Championship trophy celebrations. Any Trophies in yall trophy case. Dem trophies hiding like Waldo man. Let me say it again. Man I can't even have this convo with you. Yall not even sitting at our table. Now an Abbeville fan yes, Byrnes yep but the Crestwood Knight man SHINE NO. Not one ring in sight. Not even a bubble gum machine ring. NOTHING. I refuse to go back and forth with a losing program. We just went to the 4th round the last two years and you call us washed. YALL NEVER WAS. Finger pointg, fussing and ejections. Yall went out JUST LIKE I THOUGHT YOU would. You know what yall elite at? UNDERACHIEVING. Clowns. Everybody in our city knew that weakness at QB would get us. I believe he is transferring though(Thanks be to the Lord). Defense was just young and Camden folks said our defense(even young) defended them better than Crestwood's did. Yall team was FULL of seniors. we got a good bit coming back next year on D and a much better QB thats home grown. Our OLINE is always gonna be good. We have the best Oline coach in the state. Even before Josiah Our OLINES have always been physical and dominant.
First congrats to Camden and Daniel. Should be a good state championship. There’s a reason these two teams keep ending up there and it is coaching. I believe Crestwood had the most talented offense this year in 3A lower state. They didn’t have the best coaching and relied on athleticism in the playoffs and so they won’t be in Orangeburg now. A team they beat in the regular season will because they made adjustments and used what works in playoff football.

Couple of points responding to this Dillon fan who should probably learn a few things from what teams like Camden, this year, Beaufort, last year, and Gilbert and other teams who have great coaching do every year…make adjustments. Crestwood needs to learn as well but this was probably one of the few times they will have the athletes to have had a chance to make it happen with some adjustments. I doubt they will be in a similar position next year or the next few. They had an elite QB, great RB, and a serviceable OL and defense, but relied on talent to their detriment.

First, not gonna argue Crestwood’s tradition versus Dillon’s. Not an argument to be had there. Don’t believe I ever said Crestwood was elite this year, but we had an elite athlete at QB that gave us a very good shot. I also didn’t say you are washed, but I am tired or hearing about how the white walls make a difference when you’ve lost there 3 times in the last 2 years. As far as making the lower state finals the the two years before this year, yes you did. But you lost, while being favored and supposedly having the top team. Three years ago you had a senior DI RB and DI QB and elite line and you beat us in the playoffs with our sophomore QB. Then ya lost a close one to a very good Camden team. Last year, besides a freshman QB, you may have had more talent than the year you beat us and you lost to Beaufort who was completely one dimensional on offense. Dillon seems to live in the past based on past championships that haven’t been there recently. After the last 2 years, it is the past. If you want to have a discussion about who has underachieved the last few years, I’d say it’s you who were ranked top 2 in the state all year, never challenged in the regular season, and haven’t even made a state championship game.

As far as your QB transferring, I’m not sure where that would be. Maybe to where he should be playing in NC at Purcell Sweat or Lumberton where he lives. Otherwise, I doubt IMG or any prep school is looking for a kid who threw for a total of 25 yards and 2 picks in a loosing effort in the 2nd round of the SC 3A playoffs. From what I hear from Dillon folk, his main concern is where he gets to play college ball and I don’t think transferring after what he has done the last 2 years is gonna be in his best interests for recruiting. Probably better to play for a team that wins 10-12 games a year and take credit for that. Not sure who you have “homegrown,” but haven’t heard about a QB in Dillon that played at all this year to be worried about. Maybe you’re talking about another “transfer” into Dillon. But doubt the staff is benching a kid with so many offers if he doesn’t leave. If your guy is an SEC or ACC type QB, ours should have offers to every P5 school in the country. News alert, our guy doesn’t. We’ll see but I predict you have a very similar offense next year.

Our defense wasn’t great. I thought we could outscore teams in 3A because we had a dynamic passing and running game. I was wrong. We gave up 62 to Gray Collegiate so never thought our defense was elite. But if you defended Camden better than us then how come we won against them by 7 and you lost by 14 to the same team a few weeks apart? I don’t think either defensive staff (ours or yours) is very good and neither change anything up. Again, rely on athleticism instead of scheme which is loser football against better staffs in the playoffs. Scheme and film and showing confusing looks is important at every level but especially HS ball. It’s a game changer. Look at Camden, Gilbert, BC to some extent and even the adjustments Beaufort made last year in the playoffs. I saw ya’ll play against Hartsville and I think our defenses were similar and not great. We had a lot of seniors and I’ll take your word you didn’t but have to get a lot better and mix things up with looks because I didn’t see a state championship defense in the lower state besides South Florence, which certainly is.

Agree Crestwood will be down next year. Senior dominated class and this was our shot for a little while. But I think ya’ll will be down a bit too. You lose Thompson and #77 on the line who were dominant. You got Fling back but every team is gonna stack that line because you have no passing threat at all. I don’t think your defense is what it used to be in the days of the nasty cats. No intimidation, poor tackling, and DBs play a mile off receivers. No scheme to bring pressure against anyone other than teams like Aynor, Loris, and Manning who all lost in the first round. I won’t even get into JV teams like Georgetown and Waccamaw who y’all use to pad your stats.

Good luck next year. I have no doubt you’ll have 9-10 wins going into the playoffs because you play a weak schedule. But if you don’t make the state championship next year then I think there is a big discussion about underachieving based on the athletes you claim to have every year. This year you had a 2K yard rusher, a QB with multiple P5 offers including to Tennessee, the best offensive tackle in the state who is a finalist for Mr. Football and going to USC as a top 10 recruit in the country and you lost in the second round of the SC class 3A playoffs. Explain to me again how we underachieved and you didn’t the last 2 years when all those guys were on those teams too?

Hope you guys get it together. Football is better in the Pee Dee when Dillon is good. Sort of like the Cowboys in the NFL and Notre Dame in college. Can’t live forever in the past. Besides 2 years ago in the playoffs against Crestwood I saw ya’ll play a few times because you are who we were preparing for this year in the lower state. Obviously that is a compliment to what Dillon has done over the years and the talent you have. Didn’t work out this year but I thought we would have been playing each other tonight.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:50 pm
First, not gonna argue Crestwood’s tradition versus Dillon’s. Not an argument to be had there. Don’t believe I ever said Crestwood was elite this year, but we had an elite athlete at QB that gave us a very good shot.
PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:08 am
I was the first one in the Irmo and Crestwood bandwagon although it wasn’t a bandwagon then. They are just elite teams.
South Florence & Brookland Cayce caught you in a lie.
PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:35 pm
Crestwood is going to the state championship out of the lower state vs BHP or Daniel.
No value in any of those posts, just someone that hates real Pee Dee football teams. He's not the first, many others have accumulated detest over the years.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:08 am
I was the first one in the Irmo and Crestwood bandwagon although it wasn’t a bandwagon then. They are just elite teams.
PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:56 pm
Ok I have been the first to say that this season was our shot and we don’t have an amazing program at all.
Which is it?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Crestwood, Lakewood,

Welcome to 4A-6. :lol:

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Can't imagine the frustration of the Crestwood fans to have probably their best season ever to come crashing to an abrupt end.

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:21 pm
Can't imagine the frustration of the Crestwood fans to have probably their best season ever to come crashing to an abrupt end.
I was impressed with Crestwood the last 2 years. I was really impressed with their QB Javion Martin. Martin was one of the best QB'S that I have seen in high school football in awhile.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!