Brookland Cayce Smashes Crestwood

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Brookland Cayce Smashes Crestwood

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

PeeDeeFootballFan said Crestwood was elite. No, I didn't watch the game. :lol:
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Brookland Cayce Smashes Crestwood

Post by Penguin »

Hey 1Catfan, I watched a couple of Crestwood games on tape and their game live against Beaufort. The Knights were a very good football team. I also watched 2 Brookland-Cayce games on tape. My opinion of the Bearcats from the 2 games that I watched, was that they were a very good team also, but I thought that Crestwood would handle them. That is the problem when you don't see the teams playing against each other. Crestwood did seem a littel bit undisciplned on defense at times, and apparently the Bearcats saw that as well and capitalized on it. As for Camden, they look like a team on a mission to me. They are definitely a team that has improved greatly from the early season. That is the great thing about SCHS football. The season is long enough for coaches to explore options and adapt to their strengths during the season. I haven't watched Daniel or BHP play, so I don't know how these last 2 lower state teams match up against them. But from past experiences, the Class 3A finals should be a great game. I really enjoyed my trip to Dillion last year, and not just because of the outcome. Getting to meet you and Jackie made my day. I now see why Dillon always has such a competitive team. The excitement behind those white walls is unmatched by any other stadium that I have visited. I look forward to the day when you can make the trip to Beaufort. Dinner is on me. Guys like you are what makes being a fan so enjoyable. Some of the guys on this site do their very best to act like that infected hair in your groin. Just dying to pick at someone who truly enjoys the game. After our Championship run last season, I decided to retire from attending games, knowing that my last game was a big one. I have really enjoyed sitting at home on Friday nights watching the scoreboard and checking in on any games that are being streamed live. It has allowed me to see more teams and have some sort of idea where the true power lies. I am not going to get all over Crestwood for the actions of one jackleg who we can easily see, does not know how to act when his team of the day, wins a big game. Losing is easy for a fan, winning is hard. It takes special people such as yourself, to know how to be humble as a victor, while proud of your team as the same time. Have a great Holiday Season and I hope that we hget to meet again along the trail somewhere. Take Care-Penguin

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Penguin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:00 pm
Hey 1Catfan, I watched a couple of Crestwood games on tape and their game live against Beaufort. The Knights were a very good football team. I also watched 2 Brookland-Cayce games on tape. My opinion of the Bearcats from the 2 games that I watched, was that they were a very good team also, but I thought that Crestwood would handle them. That is the problem when you don't see the teams playing against each other. Crestwood did seem a litlte bit undisciplned on defense at times, and apparently the Bearcats saw that as well and capitalized on it. As for Camden, they look like a team on a mission to me. They are definitely a team that has improved greatly from the early season. That is the great thing about SCHS football. The season is long enough for coaches to explore options and adapt to their strengths during the season. I haven't watched Daniel or BHP play, so I don't know how these last 2 lower state teams match up against them. But from past experiences, the Class 3A finals should be a great game. I really enjoyed my trip to Dillion last year, and not just because of the outcome. Getting to meet you and Jackie made my day. I now see why Dillon always has such a competitive team. The excitement behind those white walls is unmatched by any other stadium that I have visited. I look forward to the day when you can make the trip to Beaufort. Dinner is on me. Guys like you are what makes being a fan so enjoyable. Some of the guys on this site do their very best to act like that infected hair in your groin. Just dying to pick at someone who truly enjoys the game. After our Championship run last season, I decided to retire from attending games, knowing that my last game was a big one. I have really enjoyed sitting at home on Friday nights watching the scoreboard and checking in on any games that are being streamed live. It has allowed me to see more teams and have some sort of idea where the true power lies. I am not going to get all over Crestwood for the actions of one jackleg who we can easily see, does not know how to act when his team of the day, wins a big game. Losing is easy for a fan, winning is hard. It takes special people such as yourself, to know how to be humble as a victor, while proud of your team as the same time. Have a great Holiday Season and I hope that we hget to meet again along the trail somewhere. Take Care-Penguin

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

You're thinking of Dillon Wildcat Fan, good guy. He was a organizer/manager for Dillon's recreational football league, he's been around Dillon football for a lot of years. Beaufort had a very good team last year, great offensive line and RB's. They did something Crestwood won't have the opportunity to do, win a state championship. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9474&p=67080#p67080

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Post by PeeDeeFootballFan »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:26 am
Hey 1CATFAN, I can tell you who isn’t elite. Dillon with their one dimensional offense and Swiss cheese defense. If they actually play anyone next year outside of the weakest region in the state maybe we will find out if their NC QB can throw the ball to get them a win against varsity competition. Crestwood had a great season and one of their best seasons ever. They got caught being too one dimensional with the pass and their defense was obviously less than elite in the playoffs when it mattered. Dillon better fix that defense and find someone who can throw the ball if they want a shot at the opportunity to play for a state championship anytime soon.

Oh that’s right ya’ll got destroyed by Camden and I heard fans were leaving the stadium early because of how bad ya’ll got outplayed when the run game got taken away. Oh that’s right Crestwood beat Camden and won their region. Let me know how Dillon does next year with their weak schedule walking into the playoffs undefeated and walking out of those white walls with their tails between their legs. That’s right what do they have between those intimidating white walls in the last 2 years…3 losses including both playoff losses at home. It ain’t so scary in Dillon anymore.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Win some, lose some. Dillon’s been to the mountain top several times, has Crestwood? You said Crestwood had one of their best seasons ever, well it wasn’t good enough.

nastycats1988
Dillon Wildcats

Post by nastycats1988 »

Bruh You hit a nerve didn't you(LOL). Yeah but Dillon has a Whole trophy case full of Championships and is WELL Respected around the state. Can't win it every year. Crestwood however was rumored to have THE team this year. Went out like I thought they would. A bunch of fussing and finger pointing and chaos. NO ORDER AND NO CONTROL. Players fussing with each other and getting thrown out of the game. Its the same story when they came to Dillon and left with THEIR tails tucked under them in 2021. Crestwood must of forgot we sent they behinds home in 2021. Lets just forget that we beat the BRAKES off Camden just last year. Bottom Line for ALL Of that talk and ALL of those Seniors Crestwood is home YET AGAIN. Nothing to show. Dillon has several rings. Crestwood None. Ain't our fault dem boys can't answer the bell. Dillon Will redeem themselves Crestwood MAY NEVER get a team that dominant again. YOU SQUANDERED IT FELLAS.

nastycats1988
Dillon Wildcats

Post by nastycats1988 »

PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:02 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Hey 1CATFAN, I can tell you who isn’t elite. Dillon with their one dimensional offense and Swiss cheese defense. If they actually play anyone next year outside of the weakest region in the state maybe we will find out if their NC QB can throw the ball to get them a win against varsity competition. Crestwood had a great season and one of their best seasons ever. They got caught being too one dimensional with the pass and their defense was obviously less than elite in the playoffs when it mattered. Dillon better fix that defense and find someone who can throw the ball if they want a shot at the opportunity to play for a state championship anytime soon.

Oh that’s right ya’ll got destroyed by Camden and I heard fans were leaving the stadium early because of how bad ya’ll got outplayed when the run game got taken away. Oh that’s right Crestwood beat Camden and won their region. Let me know how Dillon does next year with their weak schedule walking into the playoffs undefeated and walking out of those white walls with their tails between their legs. That’s right what do they have between those intimidating white walls in the last 2 years…3 losses including both playoff losses at home. It ain’t so scary in Dillon anymore.
Thats been the problem we have a Glaring weakness at QB. He is holding us back badly. Crestwood had a SHRINE BOWL QB. Still lost(shaking my head)

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

I am still shocked at how bad that Brookland-Cayce beat Crestwood. I thought that Crestwood had a pretty good team and QB. But you just never know how teams will do against other teams. I watched that game online and I have to say that Brookland-Cayce has a really good running offense. I was impressed by them.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Post by PeeDeeFootballFan »

nastycats1988 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:17 pm
PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:02 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:

Thats been the problem we have a Glaring weakness at QB. He is holding us back badly. Crestwood had a SHRINE BOWL QB. Still lost(shaking my head)
Not sure why you’d play a QB who probably isn’t even eligible since he lives in Lumberton,NC if you think he is such a liability. My understanding is that he has lots college offers and people think he is the next big thing coming out of Dillon football. You can rely all you want on the rings you’ve won in the past. Haven’t gotten it done lately and I don’t think too many teams are scared of the white walls anymore since you’ve lost 3 at home in the last 2 years. Doesn’t look very good next year for Dillon either since you lose half that line that protected your QB. Imagine what it’s gonna look like when he has to get rid of the ball under any pressure. Probably not pretty next year in the passing game at all.

Although you play in the weakest region in the state and play a weak non region to pad those stats so probably go into the playoffs undefeated and lose in the second round. I don’t see Dillon being busy practicing football on Thanksgiving until you figure out the passing game and start playing defense again. Same look on D every play and no one besides your middle line backer is looking for contact. Gonna be a tough few next Novembers for the the “pussycats.” And will Dillon redeem themselves? Not in the next few years with that JV kid at QB, no offensive line left after Thompson and the other tackle leave, and no defensive backfield and losing your MLB.

I went to the Hartsville vs Dillon game just to see how good each team was. Neither team was very good and the most glaring issue for Dillon was their defense couldn’t tackle. Running for a lot of yards doesn’t mean you have a great offense, it may mean you are playing bad defenses. I didn’t see the Camden game, but from what I hear their defensive backs can’t cover either and play ten yards off giving up slants and stops at 8-10 yards. If you have athletes but can’t coach em or use their skills then just keep beating a bunch of non athletes at Aynor, Georgetown, and Waccamaw and getting smoked in the playoffs against teams who are actually multiple on offense and also play defense.

Like I said, probably gonna be a tough year next year for the pussycats in November. You’ll be ranked and undefeated playing nobodies in region and a pathetic region schedule but the cream will rise to the top in the playoffs with the best coaching staffs at Camden, Gilbert, and BC. I don’t think Crestwood has the best staff and they had the best QB and several athletes this year that could have made it happen, but I’m tired of hearing about them white walls when you just keep losing between them.