The "real" 2A championship game

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

The "real" 2A championship game

Post by SF Band dad »

Abbeville and Hampton County should play an "exhibition" game next weekend. It looks like North Augusta or Aiken are about halfway between them, I'm sure they could find a school to host the game for a cut of the gate and concessions.

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Re: The "real" 2A championship game

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Amen, SF Band dad!!!! I think that would be awesome. I would definitely attend this game. I went to the Hampton County at Oceanside Game this past Friday and was pulling hard for Hampton County to win.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

SF Band dad wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:33 am
Abbeville and Hampton County should play an "exhibition" game next weekend. It looks like North Augusta or Aiken are about halfway between them, I'm sure they could find a school to host the game for a cut of the gate and concessions.

I agree.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

that's a violation of league rules

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

As far as the legitimate Class AA Football teams in the state, I believe Strom Thurmond and Abbeville were the two best teams. Of course that would have been for the upper state. Would have really liked to have seen that matchup, I believe the winner would have taken the state title trophy. Its a shame really. Maybe next year it will happen since some fairness and order seems to be on the horizon. It's long overdue.

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

Really just so unfair for these young men and coaches . To rob these small towns is border line criminal.

Will be having these same conversations when these teams move up . They will recruit even bigger, stronger , and faster talent to come to their schools.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

bringthewood wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:14 pm
that's a violation of league rules
Screw the league rules!!! They are letting these “PAY FOR PLAY “ Schools break the BIGGEST rule….RECRUITING!!!!

Wouldn’t be surprised if some $$$$$ was making its way to Columbia via these schools!!🤬🤬🤬