2023-24 High School Coaching Vacancies/Openings ?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: 2023-24 High School Coaching Vacancies/Openings ?

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Updated with the new hire at Swansea and subsequent opening at Wagener-Salley.
SCHSL Football - Head Coach changes for 2024- Updated
:arrow: http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10859

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

Reliable sources (almost as good as the one breaking the news about Porter to Laurens) says new coach to be announced at Wilson: Glenwood Ferebee Va Tech's director of high school relations.

I hope he can recruit as good as those other schools are doing.
Couldn’t find a meter, but here’s 4 bucks!

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

WhoDat wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:56 pm
Reliable sources (almost as good as the one breaking the news about Porter to Laurens) says new coach to be announced at Wilson: Glenwood Ferebee Va Tech's director of high school relations.

That would be a homerun hire if true. He did incredible things as the head coach in Charlotte at Julius L Chambers. Dude can flat out coach ball.

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:41 pm
WhoDat wrote:

That would be a homerun hire if true. He did incredible things as the head coach in Charlotte at Julius L Chambers. Dude can flat out coach ball.
Maybe I don’t know anything about him other than he appears to bounce around a bit. Yeah the CLT is loaded with talent and makes coaching look good. The Pee Dee of SC not so much. You could have Tom Knotts there and he’d be gone in a couple years.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

WhoDat wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:55 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
WhoDat wrote:

Maybe I don’t know anything about him other than he appears to bounce around a bit. Yeah the CLT is loaded with talent and makes coaching look good. The Pee Dee of SC not so much. You could have Tom Knotts there and he’d be gone in a couple years.
South Florence would disagree

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:18 am
WhoDat wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
WhoDat wrote:

South Florence would disagree
Of course they would. Everyone else in that area would agree that they steal everyone else’s players.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

WhoDat wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
WhoDat wrote:

He will turn Wilson around, really excited to see what he does down there.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:19 pm
WhoDat wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
WhoDat wrote:

He will turn Wilson around, really excited to see what he does down there.
Wilson is loaded with talent, and they now have a great strength and condition room, and a pretty nice stadium. They are primed for a good run.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Updated with the new hire at Wilson and added the head coaches for the new schools American Leadership Academy in Lexington and Mountain View Prep in Spartanburg.
SCHSL Football - Head Coach changes for 2024- Updated
:arrow: http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10859

lws55
No Team Affiliation

Post by lws55 »

Does anyone have information on the Lugoff-Elgin HC? The job is no longer posted on their job board but no announcements have come out. Seems like a lot of these jobs are taking their sweet time in figuring out who to hire. With the new open season in March you would think they would want to get someone in place sooner than later.