latest sean update

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

latest sean update

Post by CITYSLICKER »

SEAN UPDATE 12.03.23:
When Sean was released from the hospital, he was released on Hospice. They kept him for a total of 10 days, up to and including the week of Thanksgiving. He is now home.
The doctor told us that the next treatment would not be until mid January and with the tumor he has, that would be a very long time without treatment. and with a heavy heart, it was concluded, with the help of palliative care nurses and his dramatic decline, that hospice was the way to go to be able to get the help and comfort he needs, and to keep him out of the hospital (which only monitors him and does not help him).
As he returned home, his mood improved and now we can focus on caring for him and bringing him comfort, instead of scans and chemo, which started his dramatic decline this last round. Stable scans do not truly show what is happening with his body. He cannot stand or sit on his own. He needs assistance for every thing. Steroids caused the diabetes and high doses of chemo affected his heart.
I want to thank everyone who has been there with us through this difficult journey. He has truly been a warrior but he is very tired.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Re: latest sean update

Post by Justafan »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:09 am
SEAN UPDATE 12.03.23:
When Sean was released from the hospital, he was released on Hospice. They kept him for a total of 10 days, up to and including the week of Thanksgiving. He is now home.
The doctor told us that the next treatment would not be until mid January and with the tumor he has, that would be a very long time without treatment. and with a heavy heart, it was concluded, with the help of palliative care nurses and his dramatic decline, that hospice was the way to go to be able to get the help and comfort he needs, and to keep him out of the hospital (which only monitors him and does not help him).
As he returned home, his mood improved and now we can focus on caring for him and bringing him comfort, instead of scans and chemo, which started his dramatic decline this last round. Stable scans do not truly show what is happening with his body. He cannot stand or sit on his own. He needs assistance for every thing. Steroids caused the diabetes and high doses of chemo affected his heart.
I want to thank everyone who has been there with us through this difficult journey. He has truly been a warrior but he is very tired.
I don't have the words slick. My prayers and thoughts are with you guys.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

You and your family are in all of our thoughts and prayers...

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Glad Sean made it back home but so sorry you and your entire family are having to go through this life altering ordeal. Hang in there Slick and just give Sean a hug every day. Love ya Slick and so wish I could make this pain go away for you.