South Carolina Mr. Football

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

South Carolina Mr. Football

Post by SCPrepTalk »

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: South Carolina Mr. Football

Post by SCPrepTalk »

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

Jackiehayes#1
No Team Affiliation

Post by Jackiehayes#1 »

This is a joke, the kid is good but I never saw the hype behind him..#77 looked way better this year than him especially the game vs Camden when he was blocking air..
I will say this Thompson & his family are really good people and they been though hell a few years ago with that tragedy that happened..
I remember that we had a QB who won 4 state championships and he didn't win this...

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

South Carolina #1 recruit Dillon OL Josiah Thompson
https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Footb ... l&State=SC

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Jackiehayes#1 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:13 pm
This is a joke, the kid is good but I never saw the hype behind him..#77 looked way better this year than him especially the game vs Camden when he was blocking air..
I will say this Thompson & his family are really good people and they been though hell a few years ago with that tragedy that happened..
I remember that we had a QB who won 4 state championships and he didn't win this...

Agreed. Last year should’ve been Sellers, this year should’ve been Turbo probably.
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Congrats to young Mr.Thompson..I know most of you Dillion fans are proud…seems some here don’t understand what this award is given for.. :roll:

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Post by PeeDeeFootballFan »

mikey wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:43 am
Congrats to young Mr.Thompson..I know most of you Dillion fans are proud…seems some here don’t understand what this award is given for.. :roll:
I’m pretty sure it is supposed to be given to the best senior high school football player in the state of South Carolina…as long as they are committed to USC or Clemson and have the most stars according to the national recruiting analysts who have never seen them play in person. I’m joking, obviously no objective way to determine the best player. It’s just opinion. However it appears to have become a most future potential to make it to the league award vs. a best HS player.

I think the fact that Sellers didn’t win it last year when he was so clearly both the best and most valuable player in the state has soured some people on it. If I remember correctly he was committed out of state at that time and hadn’t been offered by USC yet. The D lineman who won was committed to USC, although has since been removed from the team.

This kid was an excellent O-lineman on a heavily run dominated team. I’m sure some off the field accomplishments are also part of the criteria and he seems to be a great kid from what I hear about him.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

This award lost me last year when Sellers so obviously should’ve won it.. They claim to care about the whole package, but the guy who won it over Sellers last year was suspended half the season!

Mr Football isn’t about the best player or total package. It’s about who’s committed to USC and they think will make it far based on recruiting metrics.. Sad!
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

2022 South Carolina Mr. Football Camden's defensive lineman Xzavier McLeod dismissed from Gamecocks. https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/shane ... 24521.html