Class 5A will split, crown 2 champions in each sport under new SCHSL realignment

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Class 5A will split, crown 2 champions in each sport under new SCHSL realignment

Post by Penguin »

This has "Fuster-Cluck" written all over, around, and about, it!

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Re: Class 5A will split, crown 2 champions in each sport under new SCHSL realignment

Post by 7timechamps »

I don’t see Gaffney being in 4A.. But hard to guess with multiplier.
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:48 pm
Everyone gets a Trophy, the winners and the losers, this will make it harder on College Recruiting Scouts. It would be better to just start a 6A Class or even a 7A like other states do.
SC isn't big enough for 5A, much les 6/7A

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

Gaffney won’t be close to 4A. Might not be in D1 though. DF will be in D1 when the Spring Hill students are added.

Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Justafan »

Listened to quite a few coaches on southersports radio last night .quite a interesting take on this.no 5a coaches Georgetown James Island ect.1.5 hr discussion .

FootballFan59
No Team Affiliation

Post by FootballFan59 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:06 pm
This is stupid. Works fine now. DF would be the smaller 5A? And also that Gaffney might drop all the way to 4A? And their reasoning is the disparity in enrollment? That is some unmitigated bovid fecal matter. "Disparity in enrollment in 5A"?....more like disparity in titles in trophy case in Ballentine. Dumb.

Gaffney and DF are the only winners of late in 5A....good lord.

Fear The Fox...
IF they go to taking the top 32 teams and then realigning the playoffs in two 16 team formats with the biggest 16 schools facing each other and the remaining 16 who make it play in a separate playoff it would be fine. There should be no automatic qualifier just because of your size though. You would still only have 32 teams which is what they have now making the playoffs. Actually seed the teams so that home field is earned instead of predetermined in a bracket. But there is a big difference in having 1600 kids and having even 2000 kids in a high school. You have to assume that would give you roughly 200 more kids to potentially play at the larger school even if you only get 20 out of that 200 that is a lot on a football roster.

There is no perfect way to do all of this and honestly you can find problems in every solution that the schsl puts out. It is frustrating believe me I know and have first hand experience. Not saying this pertains to you, but in my experience the ones that complain the most and loudest are always going to complain and are also never going to insert themselves into the situation to find a better solution.

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

bringthewood wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:50 pm
Wildstallion2 wrote:
Everyone gets a Trophy, the winners and the losers, this will make it harder on College Recruiting Scouts. It would be better to just start a 6A Class or even a 7A like other states do.
I remember not too long ago when there was not a 5A in SC, but we had Division 1 and Division 2 in the 4A. Most schools it seems to me want to keep their enrollment numbers down one way or another, so they can possibly play in a lower class to give them a better chance at winning the state Championship.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:45 am
bringthewood wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:50 pm
Wildstallion2 wrote:
I remember not too long ago when there was not a 5A in SC, but we had Division 1 and Division 2 in the 4A. Most schools it seems to me want to keep their enrollment numbers down one way or another, so they can possibly play in a lower class to give them a better chance at winning the state Championship.
This is way to easy to figure out . South Carolina is already watered down with 5 divisions. 201 schools played football last year. They are adding 4/5 schools this year.
50/51 per division
Split it 4 ways
At least this way there is some depth in each class and the bottom teams aren’t getting playoff spots to fill with really bad records. The quality of the competition goes up. I wouldn’t be opposed to making it even less playoff teams
Either 4 rounds or region champions getting a bye .

Noble Savage
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Noble Savage »

Just bring back cross bracketing...
Cross bracketing and stop calling it upper state and lower state, it's an old concept.
Like the ACC with teams from California or the Big 10 with 26 teams.

Just call it the playoffs.
I don't care how or if it's split.

If anything 4a needs to be largest class in this state even if it's split.
I'll take a Big 16 all with winning records over the old version.
Draw straws, spin the bottle, flip a coin.

I never would have thought the point system would be missed. Cross bracketing made the playoffs interesting, knowing what teams from which region you will play if you make the playoffs is blah.

Just my opinion.
I wanna see Spartanburg vs. Summerville in the 1st round, Gaffney vs. Sumter, And so on..
My father was Black, my mother was Decker
Believe me my friend, it doesn't get any better
Than rack and pinion reasoning, add a little seasoning
Cook at ninety-eight point six degrees!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Noble Savage wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:07 am
Just bring back cross bracketing...
Cross bracketing and stop calling it upper state and lower state, it's an old concept.
Like the ACC with teams from California or the Big 10 with 26 teams.

Just call it the playoffs.
I don't care how or if it's split.

If anything 4a needs to be largest class in this state even if it's split.
I'll take a Big 16 all with winning records over the old version.
Draw straws, spin the bottle, flip a coin.

I never would have thought the point system would be missed. Cross bracketing made the playoffs interesting, knowing what teams from which region you will play if you make the playoffs is blah.

Just my opinion.
I wanna see Spartanburg vs. Summerville in the 1st round, Gaffney vs. Sumter, And so on..
Harley Race vs Dusty Rhodes....Buddy Landel vs Magnum TA...blah , blah....we all know who is the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin' whoa, wheelin' dealin', limosin ridin', jet flyin', sonofagun, who's havin' a hard time holdin' those alligators down....The Nature Boys at Dutch Fork...

Fear The Fox...