DOODLES REALIGNMENT THOUGHTS

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: DOODLES REALIGNMENT THOUGHTS

Post by Ddub14 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:49 am
Please please let this be wrong for Abbeville to be in Class A. There are some good teams in Class A, but, not many after this year. That region , for us, would be a joke, no fun at all, no disrespect intended but it's just the truth. Ticket sales would plunge as well. Even some of the better teams in AA are going to AAA in this projection. For the love of everything football related, leave us in AA!!!!!!!! Please!!!!
The irony! For over 5/6 seasons all we heard from 1a and 2a is that of unfairness . Then when the schsl does something about it and it pushes a dozen schools above your school in attendance therefore pushing your school to 1a. Meanwhile the real problem is not solved as the schools will continue to recruit even more up to the next number that allows them to stay in whatever classification they are currently in. Poor Abbeville though is relegated to 1a status . Well at least the panthers will never lose again.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:38 pm
*Topcat* wrote:
Please please let this be wrong for Abbeville to be in Class A. There are some good teams in Class A, but, not many after this year. That region , for us, would be a joke, no fun at all, no disrespect intended but it's just the truth. Ticket sales would plunge as well. Even some of the better teams in AA are going to AAA in this projection. For the love of everything football related, leave us in AA!!!!!!!! Please!!!!
The irony! For over 5/6 seasons all we heard from 1a and 2a is that of unfairness . Then when the schsl does something about it and it pushes a dozen schools above your school in attendance therefore pushing your school to 1a. Meanwhile the real problem is not solved as the schools will continue to recruit even more up to the next number that allows them to stay in whatever classification they are currently in. Poor Abbeville though is relegated to 1a status . Well at least the panthers will never lose again.
Would you be cool with Daniel moving down to AA? I seriously doubt it. We've won 6 titles in last 9 years in AA. Including going 3-2 against the collegiate school powers. In fact at least one loss to the collegiate school probably cost us another title. But I would rather deal with them than go to Class A. We are not a Class A football program. I would rather play in AAA than A. Maybe we can swap with West-Oak. If they can push schools up in class they can push some down too. I'm just using West-Oak as an example. They have 0 chance in their class, why not move them down, and, others in same situation. I can name a slew of them. We don't belong in Class A, but AAA probably doesn't want us. We are an AA football school, period.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

*Topcat* wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:55 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:38 pm
*Topcat* wrote:
Would you be cool with Daniel moving down to AA? I seriously doubt it. We've won 6 titles in last 9 years in AA. Including going 3-2 against the collegiate school powers. In fact at least one loss to the collegiate school probably cost us another title. But I would rather deal with them than go to Class A. We are not a Class A football program. I would rather play in AAA than A. Maybe we can swap with West-Oak. If they can push schools up in class they can push some down too. I'm just using West-Oak as an example. They have 0 chance in their class, why not move them down, and, others in same situation. I can name a slew of them. We don't belong in Class A, but AAA probably doesn't want us. We are an AA football school, period.
congrats to the Abbeville 12 u rec football team on
winning the state championship .so the Panthers just
just keeps rolling .

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

What is the split with the 5A schools gonna look like?

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:13 pm
Fan4awhile wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:17 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:51 am
7timechamps wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:24 pm
So the numbers the SCHSL sent out had 38-46 teams in 4A but this only has 24, right?
In this prediction there are 39 teams.
Also york is missing but I doubt they would be 4A
But may knock someone from 5A to 4A.
So maybe totally wrong, but I think the # that will determine a lot of movement will be students enrolled that are not zoned for that school. So if Daniel for example is a school of Choice and has 200 out of zoned students enrolled, the multiplier would increase their attendance 400 students? Just example, have no idea of anybody's enrollment. Am I understanding multiplier correctly?
Yes say school A has a 1000 students but 200 come from out of zone
So 800 in zone students
600 out of zone
1400 total.

An example where this is unfair is Wade Hampton hs
There are 1400 kids there
Over 400 go to the fine arts center
Technically should be 3a to start with
I would think 90% or more if those students do not play sports. They get zero athletic benefit out of those students
Most of those are out of zone. This will take them to the top end of 5A. Now is that fair?
You are so correct about the situation at Wade Hampton. They really need to be given some type of waiver to remove those in the fine arts center from their athletic count. There isn’t anybody in that facility that is playing ball. But in reality, why bother? The administration at Wade Hampton has proven that they could care less about football. Bad year after bad year and no changes.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:43 pm
Prior to 2016 when 5A was created, 4A was split. If they follow that same system, there is no split during the regular season.
  • The regions were primarily geographic, created to minimize travel time and costs. You could end up with 7 large and 1 small school in a region, and vice-versa.
  • 32 teams qualified for the playoffs, either by their regional finish, or with an at-large berth based on "playoff points" accrued during the regular season.
  • The largest 16 schools that qualified were seeded into the 4A-1 bracket, The remaining, smaller 16 schools were seeded into the 4A-2 bracket.
  • Seeds were based on region finish and playoff points. All region champions were seeded first, Runner-ups second, then all other teams.
They won't be able to follow that system exactly, there were 11 regular season games then and only 4 weeks of post season play. They can't have two 32 team brackets since they've already stated 5A will consist of 52 to 60 schools. If they stick with 5 weeks of post-season play, some teams would have to get a bye in the first round. (The top seeded teams might have to give up a week's worth of gate and concessions. :o )

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

SF Band dad wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:18 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Prior to 2016 when 5A was created, 4A was split. If they follow that same system, there is no split during the regular season.
  • The regions were primarily geographic, created to minimize travel time and costs. You could end up with 7 large and 1 small school in a region, and vice-versa.
  • 32 teams qualified for the playoffs, either by their regional finish, or with an at-large berth based on "playoff points" accrued during the regular season.
  • The largest 16 schools that qualified were seeded into the 4A-1 bracket, The remaining, smaller 16 schools were seeded into the 4A-2 bracket.
  • Seeds were based on region finish and playoff points. All region champions were seeded first, Runner-ups second, then all other teams.
They won't be able to follow that system exactly, there were 11 regular season games then and only 4 weeks of post season play. They can't have two 32 team brackets since they've already stated 5A will consist of 52 to 60 schools. If they stick with 5 weeks of post-season play, some teams would have to get a bye in the first round. (The top seeded teams might have to give up a week's worth of gate and concessions. :o )
Thanks so much for that! I was genuinely confused on how it was gonna work out, seems like it could be an interesting concept. Little 5A I imagine would be absolutely brutal

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

SF Band dad wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

I already thought about that and feel like we might go back to an 11 game schedule. We have a glorified week 11 now with the first round of playoffs. They don’t need to take away a game from us due to the monetary loss.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Tigerific wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:44 pm
SF Band dad wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

I already thought about that and feel like we might go back to an 11 game schedule. We have a glorified week 11 now with the first round of playoffs. They don’t need to take away a game from us due to the monetary loss.
11 game schedule would be for the best

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I was thinking this would force them back to a state wide bracket, but they could create one or more hybrid regions in in the midlands.

They could just draw a diagonal line across the state, then shift it left or right until you get an equal number of schools on either side. It would make predicting brackets and seeds very interesting. :lol: