24-26 Realignment is Here!!!

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Re: 24-26 Realignment is Here!!!

Post by 7timechamps »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:22 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:07 pm
See all classifications below!
👇

So the 2023 AA runner-up, AAA champ and runner-up, and AAAA champ and runner-up will all be in AAAA next year. And the A champ lol

6 out of the 10 who played in Orangeburg this year are in 4A

Also if you’re BHP you’re the happiest team in the whole state😂
We have the same amount as last year's or around the same amount and we move up lmao this realiment is a joke lol or some of the ones making the decisions want to look out for their schools lmao. GO RED RAIDERS

Probably because 5A went from 36 right now teams to 54 in this
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Here's a map of the proposed 4A schools. I took a shot at dividing them into regions. 4A region 3 is a problem, there's no good way of dividing them up. I ended up with 7-7-5-5-6-6-6 for football. There are 3 schools in 4A that do not play football.

TooterTownTiger
Blue Ridge Fighting Tigers

Post by TooterTownTiger »

SF Band dad wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 pm
Here's a map of the proposed 4A schools. I took a shot at dividing them into regions. 4A region 3 is a problem, there's no good way of dividing them up. I ended up with 7-7-5-5-6-6-6 for football. There are 3 schools in 4A that do not play football.
Most of the state for 4A is simple to figure out except for the upper left corner of the state. I think the split of those 16 teams up here takes the Chris Justus winter weather approach of north of 85 and south of 85.

North region being Seneca, Daniel, Pickens, Berea, Travelers Rest, Greer, Blue Ridge, and GMCC (non-football)

South region being Westside, Wren, Christ Church, Southside, Fountain Inn, Laurens, Emerald, GTC (non-football)

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Pretty crazy stat: *55% of the state champions over the last 4 years are now in 4A!

Also, 5A has 54 teams and two championships, presumably one bracket with 32 teams and one with 16. 4A has 46 teams and one 32 team bracket. Meaning: 70% of 4A will make a 32 team playoff vs 90% in 5A

I take Daniel over anyone, but this system itself is wild! Also they have completely stripped 3A. The drop off from 4A to 3A is an all time high.
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Don316625 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:24 pm
SF Band dad wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:27 pm
Here's a map of the proposed 5A schools. I took a shot at dividing them into regions. I ended up with 8-7-7-7-7-6-6-6.
Good review, but I don’t see them splitting up Summerville and Fort Dorchester. Also Wando and James Island were previously grouped with Goose Creek, Stratford, and Berkeley. I see them grouping all of them together again.
Or maybe they'll use I-26 as the dividing line.

Berkeley, Cane Bay, Stratford, Goose Creek, Lucy Beckham, Wando
Summerville, Ashely Ridge, Fort D, Stall, West Ashley, James Island

Either way, I see two 6 team regions in Charleston, Dorchester, Berkely counties. I've revised the map to two regions, north and south of I-26.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

TooterTownTiger wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:13 pm
SF Band dad wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 pm
Most of the state for 4A is simple to figure out except for the upper left corner of the state. I think the split of those 16 teams up here takes the Chris Justus winter weather approach of north of 85 and south of 85.

North region being Seneca, Daniel, Pickens, Berea, Travelers Rest, Greer, Blue Ridge, and GMCC (non-football)

South region being Westside, Wren, Christ Church, Southside, Fountain Inn, Laurens, Emerald, GTC (non-football)
Thank you. I have updated the map based on your input.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

SF Band dad wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:27 pm
Here's a map of the proposed 5A schools. I took a shot at dividing them into regions. I ended up with 8-7-7-7-7-6-6-6.
Since Greenwood is historically in region 1, I created an alternate alignment. Greenwood is in 1, Wade hampton shifts to 2. This results in 8-8-7-7-7-6-6-6. This a workable alignment, but would result in some teams in the 7 team regions having bye weeks during region play due the unavailability of opponents.

2024 5A with Greenwood in region 1.

Noble Savage
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Noble Savage »

I just hope Greenville & Spartanburg end up in the same region...

Why this game isn't played every year has always baffled me. It's a natural rivalry.

Fountain Inn also moved up quick. Interesting to see what region they end up playing in.
My father was Black, my mother was Decker
Believe me my friend, it doesn't get any better
Than rack and pinion reasoning, add a little seasoning
Cook at ninety-eight point six degrees!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Well, not going to concern myself with it... Just trust the Carolina GOAT. Last 12 years, DF has played in 11 state title games, winning 8 of those games. Since 5A was created 8 years ago...DF has played in every championship game, winning 7 of the 8...

Long story short....it just doesn't matter. Know your role... DF is like Ric Flair...so just learn to live with it. The rest of the state is like Buddy Landel

Fear The Fox...

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

Going to be interesting to see how
the regions in 2a are decided.