Are Greenwood's best days over? (part 2)

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Are Greenwood's best days over? (part 2)

Post by eagle93 »

No Fly Zone wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:46 am
StateChampsGHS wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:08 pm
northside knight wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:03 pm
I'm just tired of all the excuses about the talent pool, and greenwood not being a desirable place to live, no jobs, gangs ect. Greenwood is about the same Greenwood as it was when we were winning in that regard.
Greenwood is a great place to live. No one talks about the communities around Lake Greenwood like Stoney Point, Grand Harbor, Puckett's Ferry and many more. No one talks about the North end of Greenwood either only the hoods and gangs of Greenwood. The hoods and gangs is only a small fragment of the whole population in Greenwood County. It's just the center of attention because of the news.
How many athletes are coming from those nice neighborhoods?
:lol: He got you there statechamp. It is a valid question.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

No Fly Zone wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:46 am
StateChampsGHS wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:08 pm
northside knight wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:03 pm
I'm just tired of all the excuses about the talent pool, and greenwood not being a desirable place to live, no jobs, gangs ect. Greenwood is about the same Greenwood as it was when we were winning in that regard.
Greenwood is a great place to live. No one talks about the communities around Lake Greenwood like Stoney Point, Grand Harbor, Puckett's Ferry and many more. No one talks about the North end of Greenwood either only the hoods and gangs of Greenwood. The hoods and gangs is only a small fragment of the whole population in Greenwood County. It's just the center of attention because of the news.
How many athletes are coming from those nice neighborhoods?
Not that many at all from those locations but a lot if you adding in the neighborhoods around Greenwood High, Hodges and Cokesbury area. Those areas are nice to live in.

You got to think the hood areas feeds into Emerald High School. (The Eastside and Westside)
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

StateChampsGHS wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:33 pm
You got to think the hood areas feeds into Emerald High School. (The Eastside and Westside)
You keep mentioning "hoods" but I'm guessing you haven't been anywhere close to any of those neighborhoods. The Southside is like the Wild West.

Also, Greenwood is technically zoned but you can pick which school your child attends.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

No Fly Zone wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:17 pm
StateChampsGHS wrote:
You keep mentioning "hoods" but I'm guessing you haven't been anywhere close to any of those neighborhoods. The Southside is like the Wild West.

Also, Greenwood is technically zoned but you can pick which school your child attends.

Yes, you can choose which school your child wants to attend but most parents choose Emerald because it's close by their homes. Do you know where the Westside and Eastside locations are???

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

No Fly Zone wrote:
StateChampsGHS wrote:

StateChamp, he thinks you haven't been in the hood. :lol: That made me laugh right there.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

I wish you guys would define hood .
If you mean an area where drugs are sold
that would be pretty much every area in
and around Greenwood and every
other city in the U.S. A few years ago
there was a dentist living in the lodge grounds
convicted of cocaine traffic and spent
time in prison .I live about a mile from Emerald
high for the last 33 years so i guess i live
in the hood and yes there are people that
use and sell drugs in my neighborhood.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

eagle93 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:05 pm
No Fly Zone wrote:
StateChampsGHS wrote:

StateChamp, he thinks you haven't been in the hood. :lol: That made me laugh right there.
Eagle 93, No Fly Zone will never know unless he has lived in the heart of the jungle.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

96fanatic wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:46 am
I wish you guys would define hood .
If you mean an area where drugs are sold
that would be pretty much every area in
and around Greenwood and every
other city in the U.S. A few years ago
there was a dentist living in the lodge grounds
convicted of cocaine traffic and spent
time in prison .I live about a mile from Emerald
high for the last 33 years so i guess i live
in the hood and yes there are people that
use and sell drugs in my neighborhood.
Areas where violence and crime run rampant. Some people are uncomfortable in these certain areas. In example. There is a difference from Taggart or Gage St versus a street in Wellington Green or Cherokee Hills.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

The short answer is yes . Greenwood’s best days are behind them unless they can somehow draw more industries there. They may have a year every once in awhile if the talent comes through but year to year domination is a thing of the past. It’s everywhere just not in Greenwood. The teams that dominated the 60s -80s were mostly textile towns that had a rotating number of families coming and going.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:21 pm
The short answer is yes . Greenwood’s best days are behind them unless they can somehow draw more industries there. They may have a year every once in awhile if the talent comes through but year to year domination is a thing of the past. It’s everywhere just not in Greenwood. The teams that dominated the 60s -80s were mostly textile towns that had a rotating number of families coming and going.
This opinion is fair.