Lauren’s Job?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Redraider66
Greenville Red Raiders

Lauren’s Job?

Post by Redraider66 »

Has anyone heard anything on the Lauren’s job?

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: Lauren’s Job?

Post by Greerfan1 »

I was curious about this one as well, Laurens has always been a great place to watch a game. Would enjoy seeing them get back to being a contender.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:17 am
I was curious about this one as well, Laurens has always been a great place to watch a game. Would enjoy seeing them get back to being a contender.
Biggest problem to finding someone really good is Laurens County itself...gawd awful... Like Survivor...getting voted off the island...lol
Kinda like Pickens....I can't argue...I love MY spots in Pickens County but Pickens itself...dear lord. On Discover Channel Drug Bust the other night.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/05/29/peo ... -15-to-go/

Fear The Fox...

KrustyKrabMeat
Mauldin Mavericks

Post by KrustyKrabMeat »

Perfect fit for the Smith guy from Fort D. He got screwballed down there and I hear has applied at Laurens. He from the Upstate, so he got connections. He should have got the Mauldin job (my home team) last year. Just my 2 cents worth.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Not a good job, an okay job, not a good one.

Since the Jennings/Ivey era it's just been... meh.

Don't know in this day and age if it would ever get back to that 1980's/1990's level. If the community would embrace being mediocre and support the 'home town team' it might be a decent place to be at. But the stuck up entitled parents of today probably won't allow it.

The campus is nice in that all the venues are laid out right near each other.

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

KrustyKrabMeat wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:54 pm
Perfect fit for the Smith guy from Fort D. He got screwballed down there and I hear has applied at Laurens. He from the Upstate, so he got connections. He should have got the Mauldin job (my home team) last year. Just my 2 cents worth.
Considering the talent on hand he had at Fort D, and the results, I don’t see what would make him such a perfect pick.

Old-school
No Team Affiliation

Post by Old-school »

I agree Fort D. Last year’s coach would be a great fit at Lauren! That job is going downhill because of gang problems in school! It’s a shame but a dead end for a head coach!

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Rumor I heard from inside was that Porter applied, they haven’t reached out to setup interviews yet. If he has actually applied I don’t see a world they don’t offer him the job
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

7timechamps wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:27 pm
Rumor I heard from inside was that Porter applied, they haven’t reached out to setup interviews yet. If he has actually applied I don’t see a world they don’t offer him the job
And straight from Porter not rumored, he didn't.

GasHouseGorilla
No Team Affiliation

Post by GasHouseGorilla »

Well "if" Porter applied, the first step would be to fire the guy that didn't hire him last time.