Lauren’s Job?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Re: Lauren’s Job?

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

First Porter said its not true then all these rumors going around now it's getting hard to believe what's true or not it's some smoke somewhere

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

eagle93 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:08 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:27 pm
Rumor I heard from inside was that Porter applied, they haven’t reached out to setup interviews yet. If he has actually applied I don’t see a world they don’t offer him the job
And straight from Porter not rumored, he didn't.
So is mine lol.. Ever wonder if maybe a sitting head coach isn't going to tell everybody and their brother what his plans are :lol:
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

It's all probably the other team in the county trying to syphon off some players.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:46 am
eagle93 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
Rumor I heard from inside was that Porter applied, they haven’t reached out to setup interviews yet. If he has actually applied I don’t see a world they don’t offer him the job
So is mine lol.. Ever wonder if maybe a sitting head coach isn't going to tell everybody and their brother what his plans are :lol:
No I don't wonder. I trust his word to me as a friend. He has no need to lie to me.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

eagle93 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:48 pm
7timechamps wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
No I don't wonder. I trust his word to me as a friend. He has no need to lie to me.

Ok man! When he gets named head coach i’m coming back to this conversation 😂

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:36 pm
eagle93 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:

I could care less if you do or not honestly. I only care about his word and if it is good. I don't have a clue who you are so it doesn't matter with that. One thing I do know is you aren't him and I'm going to listen to the source whom it involves.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

eagle93 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:41 pm
7timechamps wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:

I could care less if you do or not honestly. I only care about his word and if it is good. I don't have a clue who you are so it doesn't matter with that. One thing I do know is you aren't him and I'm going to listen to the source whom it involves.

And I’m telling you, no matter how cool you are with him you got to realize he’s not privy to give true info to anybody. Imagine Nick Saban, think he told everyone who asked the last month if he’s leaving that he was?!? Heck no lol. I’m not getting into this about who I am, who you are—what I’m telling you is that Porter told coaches within the system this week that he had applied, but they haven’t started the interview process. Hence him telling everyone and their brother that the movin the chains tweet was BS, because it is. He’s not being hired whatsoever right now, but he did apply. Comin right from his mouth as well. Again, be smart and think about how he has a reason not to say he applied, he has zero reason to lie and say he did apply

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:48 pm
eagle93 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:41 pm
7timechamps wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
eagle93 wrote:

And I’m telling you, no matter how cool you are with him you got to realize he’s not privy to give true info to anybody. Imagine Nick Saban, think he told everyone who asked the last month if he’s leaving that he was?!? Heck no lol. I’m not getting into this about who I am, who you are—what I’m telling you is that Porter told coaches within the system this week that he had applied, but they haven’t started the interview process. Hence him telling everyone and their brother that the movin the chains tweet was BS, because it is. He’s not being hired whatsoever right now, but he did apply. Comin right from his mouth as well. Again, be smart and think about how he has a reason not to say he applied, he has zero reason to lie and say he did apply
Like I said. I don't know you. I know him. Has nothing to do with college or Saban. If he did lie to me, that's between he and I to sort. But you aren't him. Until it is confirmed as a lie I'm going with the source.

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

Not sure if Porter applied or not but I do think he would be a great fit there but also is a great fit at Greenville

Can not imagine pay being much different between either one however still lot of turmoil in Laurens w school Board and resignation of a great Superintendent

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

RamFan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:12 pm
Not sure if Porter applied or not but I do think he would be a great fit there but also is a great fit at Greenville

Can not imagine pay being much different between either one however still lot of turmoil in Laurens w school Board and resignation of a great Superintendent
He makes over 6 digits at Greenville. Laurens has traditionally been tight on pay. Even voted down new facilities.