Byrnes Downfall!

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Byrnes Downfall!

Post by likeitRnot »

This is very painful and hard for me to post ,but at the same time it must be said! True fans that have been part of this program have seen this day coming. The powers that be felt that a certain coach couldn't get us back to the top and now more than likely a certain coach will have us back on the bottom with the loss of 8 of our best players!

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: Byrnes Downfall!

Post by Greerfan1 »

likeitRnot wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:23 pm
This is very painful and hard for me to post ,but at the same time it must be said! True fans that have been part of this program have seen this day coming. The powers that be felt that a certain coach couldn't get us back to the top and now more than likely a certain coach will have us back on the bottom with the loss of 8 of our best players!
8?! Geez... were they all starters? I've never heard of that many leaving at one time.

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

at least four that i know of and i have no ties to the program. two on offense and two on defense and one of the ones on defense should have had time on offense with more than three carries at running back all season! he rushed for 900 yards as a sophomore but his job was given to the assistant principals son and he didnt even get to share snaps at rb.
Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:12 pm
likeitRnot wrote:
8?! Geez... were they all starters? I've never heard of that many leaving at one time.
Last edited by notabyrnesfan on Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

if i take my black and gold glasses off this is sad! i wont say names but this is similar to coach strickland leaving gaffney. they can say that a certain former byrnes head coach wasnt ran off but he certainly wasnt encouraged by some "powers that be" to stay! then i listened to the hillcrest at byrnes playoff game and the byrnes announcers questioned the coaching decisions at the end of the game! if they feel that way how do you think the players feel?! now said coach is winning state titles elsewhere and people want to play for this rising juggernaut! i dont blame them. westside is an emerging dynasty in whatever class they will fall in when realignment is official!
likeitRnot wrote:

BHSRebels
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BHSRebels »

likeitRnot wrote:
I agree. Not sure Lane would have got us back to the top, but the guy in charge now, has us on a downward trajectory and a change is definitely needed in Duncan.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Sounds like it has been a wild day in Duncan. I never thought I would hear of a Byrnes player wanting to transfer to JL Mann.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Update: Byrnes OC just announced he would not be returning next season.

BHSRebels
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BHSRebels »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:22 pm

Yep, not a shock. He is a good coach that was handcuffed by his boss. That make 6 OCs in 8 seasons for the current HC. Here a little hint, the OC wasn’t the problem.

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

he was arguing with a player's dad on social media a couple of weeks ago!
Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:22 pm

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

BHSRebels wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:53 pm
likeitRnot wrote:
I agree. Not sure Lane would have got us back to the top, but the guy in charge now, has us on a downward trajectory and a change is definitely needed in Duncan.
Didn’t Brynes just lose 2 games and win the Region last year? I agree something is wrong,but you can’t call it a downward trajectory.