Byrnes Downfall!

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Re: Byrnes Downfall!

Post by notabyrnesfan »

i also wonder how a program that hasnt won anything in nearly 15 years has a downfall?! i guess we will call it byrnesing now instead of clemsoning!

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

BHSRebels wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:00 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:22 pm
Update: Byrnes OC just announced he would not be returning next season.

Yep, not a shock. He is a good coach that was handcuffed by his boss. That make 6 OCs in 8 seasons for the current HC. Here a little hint, the OC wasn’t the problem.
Alright that's a lot

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:10 pm
BHSRebels wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

Yep, not a shock. He is a good coach that was handcuffed by his boss. That make 6 OCs in 8 seasons for the current HC. Here a little hint, the OC wasn’t the problem.
Alright that's a lot
Colby, what say you? They were 10-2 this season...most programs would not complain...your thoughts?

Fear The Fox...

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

im still trying to figure out how a program that hasnt won a state championship since the year a person was born that is almost old enough to drive now has a downfall but they somehow managed to!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

notabyrnesfan wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:37 pm
i also wonder how a program that hasnt won anything in nearly 15 years has a downfall?! i guess we will call it byrnesing now instead of clemsoning!
notabyrnesfan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:39 am
im still trying to figure out how a program that hasnt won a state championship since the year a person was born that is almost old enough to drive now has a downfall but they somehow managed to!

TRIVIA TIME: Who did the Rebels beat to win their most recent State Championship?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

and the gaffney curse lives on! i'd bet the majority of the byrnes fan base would take that upset win back if they didnt have to go through this in return!
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:03 am
notabyrnesfan wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:37 pm
notabyrnesfan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:39 am

TRIVIA TIME: Who did the Rebels beat to win their most recent State Championship?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

notabyrnesfan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:58 am
and the gaffney curse lives on! i'd bet the majority of the byrnes fan base would take that upset win back if they didnt have to go through this in return!
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:03 am
That's right, the infamous 15-0 State Champions "T" Shirt wearing Gaffney Indians.

Since 1955 (the first year there was a Byrnes High School) the numbers are:
Byrnes 11 State Championships
Gaffney 13 State Championships

Both Schools have reasons to be proud of their teams; but none of that matters in the big picture. Football is a "current event" sport and the only championships that matters are the current one and the next one! At this CURRENT time, those Silver Foxes seem to be the best, on the field, and in the transfer portal (although, I have to give it to the Indians.... 3 straight starting QB's transferring in is pretty stout!)

Byrnes is having issues, MAJOR issues this off season from all the reports. I hate that it is happening and I really hate that it is happening in the public forums of social media. But, remember what happened in 2023? Will the Rebels be able to repeat as Region Champs after 2023's beating Gaffney at Gaffney, Boiling Springs at Boiling Springs and Dorman and Spartanburg at home??? Right now, I'd say it will be a very difficult task to accomplish (if the Regions work out with those teams together again).

The fact that you choose your screen name tells everyone:

1) It is probably your "second" account
2) It nullifies your claims that the Rebels are not relevent

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

notabyrnesfan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:58 am
I'm a Rebel Fan for a Loooooooooooooong Time (SHUT UP mikey!) but plenty of Injuns (especially some of those who have long ago quit coming to the boards) know that I have plenty of respect and will pull for Gaffney unless they are playing the Rebels. Don't take my posts as personal attacks against you or the Injuns!

--

--

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:47 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
BHSRebels wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

Alright that's a lot
Colby, what say you? They were 10-2 this season...most programs would not complain...your thoughts?

Fear The Fox...
Sorry for delay Oldman. I just saw this. Hey, I get it. We ain't what we used to be.. by any stretch. I just miss our state being able to route so called out of state power houses, or even hanging with them by a TD. NO one in this state has proven the ability to do so since then. Prove me wrong.
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Colbyc36 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:33 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:47 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
BHSRebels wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

Alright that's a lot

Fear The Fox...
Sorry for delay Oldman. I just saw this. Hey, I get it. We ain't what we used to be.. by any stretch. I just miss our state being able to route so called out of state power houses, or even hanging with them by a TD. NO one in this state has proven the ability to do so since then. Prove me wrong.
What I want to know is who is Byrnes getting in? Like it or not Byrnes is a big time brand and kids do want to play there.

Would I love nothing more for us to finally beat Byrnes, absolutely I would. But I also have the ultimate respect for our neighbors and know they will be just fine.