Byrnes Downfall!

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Re: Byrnes Downfall!

Post by notabyrnesfan »

going by the current realignment plans posted on this site I see Byrnes finishing 4-6, 6-4 at best more than likely 5-5 and yes this is the year Greer ends the streak!

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Byrnes might be down, but I don’t see them losing to Greer anytime soon. Greer is not what they used to be.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Deputy wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:34 pm
Byrnes might be down, but I don’t see them losing to Greer anytime soon. Greer is not what they used to be.
I could see it being more competitive this year. But even as a Greer fan I don't see us winning. I just hope we can keep our best players.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

They could. Not sure if Will is interested in chasing any transfer he can find at this point in his career to elevate Greer. Unfortunately, that is the way the game is played in Greenville County this day and time. Times change. Greer used to be different than the rest of the GC schools because it was still a small town with cradle to grave fans. It has lost that to a large degree.

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

any head coach that lets his players chant "we run this (expletive)" and then turn around and say now let us pray is not worth his weight in salt and has no control over his team! if you dont believe me go watch the end of the regular season dorman youtube video made by friday nights in carolina.
BHSRebels wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:53 pm
likeitRnot wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:23 pm
This is very painful and hard for me to post ,but at the same time it must be said! True fans that have been part of this program have seen this day coming. The powers that be felt that a certain coach couldn't get us back to the top and now more than likely a certain coach will have us back on the bottom with the loss of 8 of our best players!
I agree. Not sure Lane would have got us back to the top, but the guy in charge now, has us on a downward trajectory and a change is definitely needed in Duncan.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Colbyc36 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:33 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:47 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:10 pm
BHSRebels wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:00 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:22 pm
Update: Byrnes OC just announced he would not be returning next season.

Yep, not a shock. He is a good coach that was handcuffed by his boss. That make 6 OCs in 8 seasons for the current HC. Here a little hint, the OC wasn’t the problem.
Alright that's a lot
Colby, what say you? They were 10-2 this season...most programs would not complain...your thoughts?

Fear The Fox...
Sorry for delay Oldman. I just saw this. Hey, I get it. We ain't what we used to be.. by any stretch. I just miss our state being able to route so called out of state power houses, or even hanging with them by a TD. NO one in this state has proven the ability to do so since then. Prove me wrong.
I remember Byrnes playing out of state teams...they played the #1 team in the nation one season...Max Preps "national champion" De La Salle California...Rebels played some good teams. De La Salle almost beat Byrnes as bad as Dutch Fork beat the Rebels that year...

Fear The Fox...

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

notabyrnesfan wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:31 pm
any head coach that lets his players chant "we run this (expletive)" and then turn around and say now let us pray is not worth his weight in salt and has no control over his team! if you dont believe me go watch the end of the regular season dorman youtube video made by friday nights in carolina.
BHSRebels wrote:
likeitRnot wrote:
This is very painful and hard for me to post ,but at the same time it must be said! True fans that have been part of this program have seen this day coming. The powers that be felt that a certain coach couldn't get us back to the top and now more than likely a certain coach will have us back on the bottom with the loss of 8 of our best players!
I agree. Not sure Lane would have got us back to the top, but the guy in charge now, has us on a downward trajectory and a change is definitely needed in Duncan.
The chant goes "WE RUN THIS SHIP" ..now yes I know that some may say other word, but letting you know the correct chant

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:31 am
Colbyc36 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
BHSRebels wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:22 pm
Update: Byrnes OC just announced he would not be returning next season.

Yep, not a shock. He is a good coach that was handcuffed by his boss. That make 6 OCs in 8 seasons for the current HC. Here a little hint, the OC wasn’t the problem.
Alright that's a lot
Colby, what say you? They were 10-2 this season...most programs would not complain...your thoughts?

Fear The Fox...
Sorry for delay Oldman. I just saw this. Hey, I get it. We ain't what we used to be.. by any stretch. I just miss our state being able to route so called out of state power houses, or even hanging with them by a TD. NO one in this state has proven the ability to do so since then. Prove me wrong.
I remember Byrnes playing out of state teams...they played the #1 team in the nation one season...Max Preps "national champion" De La Salle California...Rebels played some good teams. De La Salle almost beat Byrnes as bad as Dutch Fork beat the Rebels that year...

Fear The Fox...
Funny how you forget us losing by only one TD to USA Today's national champion Aquinas.
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

thanks! :oops:
likeitRnot wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:40 pm
notabyrnesfan wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:31 pm
BHSRebels wrote:
likeitRnot wrote:
The chant goes "WE RUN THIS SHIP" ..now yes I know that some may say other word, but letting you know the correct chant

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Colbyc36 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:38 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:31 am
Colbyc36 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
BHSRebels wrote:

Alright that's a lot

Fear The Fox...

Fear The Fox...
Funny how you forget us losing by only one TD to USA Today's national champion Aquinas.
Funny you mention "forget"...take your Neuriva, Colby...you were thinking about the previous season with STA being "national champion"...they lost in the Florida playoffs the year they beat Byrnes. I don't like dwelling on the past...like DF's 5 point loss to Kyler Murray led Allen TX (co-national champion the same year they played the Silver Foxes)...or the last time DF played Byrnes... it's ancient history. I like the here and now...like back to back DF 'ships- working on the 3-peat.

Fear The Fox...