TRANSFERS???

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

TRANSFERS???

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Does anyone remember a WR from Gaffney transferring to Dorman and so much was said about the transfer that the SCHSL actually enforced the rule that the transfer was solely for "athletic" reasons and made him sit out a year (and I think it was his Senior Year). EDIT: I think his name was MELTON

We sure have come a long way from that point haven't we? Now we go on SOCIAL MEDIA and brag that we will be playing for this team next year....

Makes me wonder, does that transfer rule still exist in the SCHSL rule book? Maybe it's just no longer enforced? Maybe they are afraid they would end up in court? Maybe with the GRAY, OCEANSIDE, etc they know it couldn't be defended in court....

I guess I'm getting too old and "longing for the good old days" like when trading baseball cards was a hobby and you got excited when you got your favorite players and not worried about how much this card was booking for in Beckett!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Re: TRANSFERS???

Post by notabyrnesfan »

nick melton played his whole senior year at dorman. his dad had proof he "bought" a trailer in Roebuck. i think you must be thinking about wr xavier dye "moving" from greenwood to byrnes in 2006 and missing half of the season because greenwood appealed the move.

bomar and weaver live in the dorman school district and played varsity there in the ninth grade before "moving" to byrnes.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

notabyrnesfan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:52 am
nick melton played his whole senior year at dorman. his dad had proof he "bought" a trailer in Roebuck. i think you must be thinking about wr xavier dye "moving" from greenwood to byrnes in 2006 and missing half of the season because greenwood appealed the move.
Don't get your panties in a wad, it happens everywhere (two consecutive transfer QB's ring a bell? and I'm hearing a third is happening as well...) I'm talking about the entire situation and how much it has changed. Melton had to appeal, threaten going to court, and yes, dye had to appeal as well. Kids move to play somewhere and have for many years, some are asked to move and some move because dad thinks they are going to be a star.

Today, they brag about it online... it is just so different!

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

notabyrnesfan wrote:
bomar and weaver live in the dorman school district and played varsity there in the ninth grade before "moving" to byrnes.
This is the second reason I mentioned in my statement before about Dads.... have you met that man? WOW! They are good players, but those tempers have cost the team at times as well. I don't know how many UNSPORTSMAN LIKE PENALTIES were called....

--

--

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:05 pm
notabyrnesfan wrote:
This is the second reason I mentioned in my statement before about Dads.... have you met that man? WOW! They are good players, but those tempers have cost the team at times as well. I don't know how many UNSPORTSMAN LIKE PENALTIES were called....
Great players no doubt, but I noticed in the Hillside game they still need to work on their game.

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

i may have met him a long time ago if its who i think it is. i was told he played for byrnes and got badly injured in the gaffney at byrnes game in 2005 when they had to fly a helicopter in.
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:05 pm
notabyrnesfan wrote:

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

i didnt take it personal at all. all three of our qbs have legit moved the latest one played SCISA ball and wants a taste of the bright lights on Friday night. #3 byrnes projected starting qb next season transferred from boiling springs. You want to talk about transfers. Dutch Fork had 24 players this season that werent on last years varsity or jv roster. i guess that is why it took them so long to gel!
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:01 pm
notabyrnesfan wrote:
Don't get your panties in a wad, it happens everywhere (two consecutive transfer QB's ring a bell? and I'm hearing a third is happening as well...) I'm talking about the entire situation and how much it has changed. Melton had to appeal, threaten going to court, and yes, dye had to appeal as well. Kids move to play somewhere and have for many years, some are asked to move and some move because dad thinks they are going to be a star.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

notabyrnesfan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:27 pm
i didnt take it personal at all. all three of our qbs have legit moved the latest one played SCISA ball and wants a taste of the bright lights on Friday night. #3 byrnes projected starting qb next season transferred from boiling springs. You want to talk about transfers. Dutch Fork had 24 players this season that werent on last years varsity or jv roster. i guess that is why it took them so long to gel!
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:01 pm
notabyrnesfan wrote:

24?!? That's wild!