Byrnes future

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Byrnesclass2008
Byrnes Rebels

Byrnes future

Post by Byrnesclass2008 »

I know Byrnes lost to hillcrest in the playoffs, but since they also got beat bad in cteam by hillcrest, (I was told they lost by 4 TDs), what does that say about the future? Or is hillcrest “up and coming”? And not the hillcrest of old.

Byrnesclass2008
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Byrnes future

Post by Byrnesclass2008 »

Also
When I was told hillcrest beat Byrnes in cteam I was completely stunned. How could that happen? Then they lost in the playoffs and it really threw me for a loop.

notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

Post by notabyrnesfan »

the immediate future is not looking so good with #1, #2 and #4 on last years team playing for westside now.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Byrnes is going to be fine, 2027 class is special. They did just win the toughest region in SC. Kids will come to play for Byrnes this upcoming season.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Yeah, sleep on JFB.

Area still growing hand over fist, has a little league football culture, fan base that wants to win, DO that isn't TOO stupid, their MS system when put into place will be monster.... the only thing that would wreck the ship if they grow so much that creating a 2nd HS comes into the picture.

BHSRebels
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BHSRebels »

bringthewood wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:13 am
Yeah, sleep on JFB.

Area still growing hand over fist, has a little league football culture, fan base that wants to win, DO that isn't TOO stupid, their MS system when put into place will be monster.... the only thing that would wreck the ship if they grow so much that creating a 2nd HS comes into the picture.

Byrnes will have 4 middle school feed into it starting next year. Not many high schools, if any in the state can say that. Just need the right man driving the thing.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Byrnesclass2008 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:40 pm
I know Byrnes lost to hillcrest in the playoffs, but since they also got beat bad in cteam by hillcrest, (I was told they lost by 4 TDs), what does that say about the future? Or is hillcrest “up and coming”? And not the hillcrest of old.
When I said something about Daniel jv beating Byrnes by 20 last year I got lambasted. I didn’t even say anything bad about Byrnes, just that Daniels future was bright. Maybe there was more to it than that.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:17 pm
Byrnesclass2008 wrote:
When I said something about Daniel jv beating Byrnes by 20 last year I got lambasted. I didn’t even say anything bad about Byrnes, just that Daniels future was bright. Maybe there was more to it than that.
Think you are right, Dub. Several skill players apparently left. Does not bode well. Last season when they lost to Chapman, I knew something was up, again... Chapman is good, but Chapman got drug by a very average Boiling Springs team the very next game. Pre-season hype and chatter haven't been materializing in deep playoff runs...second or third round max...or until they run into Gaffney when it counts the most...

Fear The Fox...

BHSRebels
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BHSRebels »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:36 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Byrnesclass2008 wrote:
Think you are right, Dub. Several skill players apparently left. Does not bode well. Last season when they lost to Chapman, I knew something was up, again... Chapman is good, but Chapman got drug by a very average Boiling Springs team the very next game. Pre-season hype and chatter haven't been materializing in deep playoff runs...second or third round max...or until they run into Gaffney when it counts the most...

Fear The Fox...
Byrnes hired a coach with an average record and average results are what they have got. Not surprised.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Ddub14 wrote:
Byrnesclass2008 wrote:
To Byrnes credit, typically when our JV plays them it's actually against Byrnes Freshman team.
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!