Byrnes future

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Byrnes future

Post by Ddub14 »

7timechamps wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:13 am
Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:17 pm
Byrnesclass2008 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:40 pm
I know Byrnes lost to hillcrest in the playoffs, but since they also got beat bad in cteam by hillcrest, (I was told they lost by 4 TDs), what does that say about the future? Or is hillcrest “up and coming”? And not the hillcrest of old.
When I said something about Daniel jv beating Byrnes by 20 last year I got lambasted. I didn’t even say anything bad about Byrnes, just that Daniels future was bright. Maybe there was more to it than that.
To Byrnes credit, typically when our JV plays them it's actually against Byrnes Freshman team.
Byrnes fans made the same argument last year
There were like 8 players on that team that were 10 th graders. All the rest were freshmen.
You know as well I that if your on 10 th grade at Daniel and not on varsity that you may have a hard time getting on the field. Daniel has 1200 less students than Byrnes on average. They don’t have the numbers for an all freshmen team. But the fact remains that they blew them out by 3 scores and that wouldn’t have happened ten years ago to Byrnes.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:25 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:13 am
Ddub14 wrote:
Byrnesclass2008 wrote:
I know Byrnes lost to hillcrest in the playoffs, but since they also got beat bad in cteam by hillcrest, (I was told they lost by 4 TDs), what does that say about the future? Or is hillcrest “up and coming”? And not the hillcrest of old.
When I said something about Daniel jv beating Byrnes by 20 last year I got lambasted. I didn’t even say anything bad about Byrnes, just that Daniels future was bright. Maybe there was more to it than that.
To Byrnes credit, typically when our JV plays them it's actually against Byrnes Freshman team.
Byrnes fans made the same argument last year
There were like 8 players on that team that were 10 th graders. All the rest were freshmen.
You know as well I that if your on 10 th grade at Daniel and not on varsity that you may have a hard time getting on the field. Daniel has 1200 less students than Byrnes on average. They don’t have the numbers for an all freshmen team. But the fact remains that they blew them out by 3 scores and that wouldn’t have happened ten years ago to Byrnes.
All solid points!
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:36 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Byrnesclass2008 wrote:
Think you are right, Dub. Several skill players apparently left. Does not bode well. Last season when they lost to Chapman, I knew something was up, again... Chapman is good, but Chapman got drug by a very average Boiling Springs team the very next game. Pre-season hype and chatter haven't been materializing in deep playoff runs...second or third round max...or until they run into Gaffney when it counts the most...

Fear The Fox...
Chapman was average at best
They struggled with Broome
The same Broome team that was lucky to beat Seneca
Seneca was not a good team at all.
I’ve personally seen what happens when a “dynasty “ program loses that edge. It’s harder to get it back than it is to keep it . Byrnes seems to be living on that past too much.
They seem to think they deserve something rather than earning it . The talent is there but not the hunger.
But who knows next year could be their year as long as all their players don’t leave.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:05 pm
The team that showed up (or to be accurate I should say "didn't show up") was not prepared, not ready mentally or physically and didn't execute their positions and there was no game plan. That next day or maybe even that night, I posted that I put that loss directly on the coaching staff and I stand by that statement still to this day. The Rebels were coming off a great win in Charlotte and like a lot of kids, thought all they had to do was just show up and they would win. Chapman's players were not a bit intimidated, and they didn't think that the Rebels were unbeatable and they played like they KNEW they could win the game (not just think they could win but they KNEW they could win).
Ddub14 wrote:
Byrnes seems to be living on that past too much.
They
seem to think they deserve something rather than earning it . The talent is there but not the hunger.
But who knows next year could be their year as long as all their players don’t leave.
Not trying to be a smart a$$ here, just asking a question...

When you say the things I highlighted above, exactly who are you referring to? If you mean the Fans, I could understand, you are basing it on some of the posts you see here on the site. If not the fans, who and why?
Last edited by Rebel-Fan-74 on Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Byrnesclass2008
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Byrnesclass2008 »

Results of subvarsity games do have an impact on future games. Maybe not JV but cteam success is normally a good measurement of future success. Byrnes split with Dorman cteam this year but got beat bad by Hillcrest cteam. Maybe if Byrnes had played hillcrest later in the season the result would have been different and they would have been better prepared. But then how was Hillcrest more prepared that early in the year? Lots of questions…

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:32 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
The team that showed up (or to be accurate I should say "didn't show up") was not prepared, not ready mentally or physically and didn't execute their positions and there was no game plan. That next day or maybe even that night, I posted that I put that loss directly on the coaching staff and I stand by that statement still to this day. The Rebels were coming off a great win in Charlotte and like a lot of kids, thought all they had to do was just show up and they would win. Chapman's players were not a bit intimidated, and they didn't think that the Rebels were unbeatable and they played like they KNEW they could win the game (not just think they could win but they KNEW they could win).
Ddub14 wrote:
Byrnes seems to be living on that past too much.
They
seem to think they deserve something rather than earning it . The talent is there but not the hunger.
Not trying to be a smart a$$ here, just asking a question...

When you say the things I highlighted above, exactly who are you referring to? If you mean the Fans, I could understand, you are basing it on some of the posts you see here on the site. If not the fans, who and why?
Yes Byrnes fans but not you . You actually are pretty fair in evaluating your own team.