Best programs in the state?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Re: Best programs in the state?

Post by AngryMax »

I fail to see how facilities contribute to the quality of the program. Many schools end up with nice facilities because of their success, but facilities don't mean excrement, outside of having bare minimums(weight room with enough weights and racks or if they don't have that, a coach flexible enough to figure out a good weight room schedule). A field to practice one. Thats about all you need. Weight room and a practice field.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:53 am
SF Band dad wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:09 pm
Camden.
Haha that's funny. Camden runs a decent program but you can't lose 3/4 state titles and be the best program in the state for sure.
How many schools have played for that many State Titles in the last 10 years? Getting there is still better than a LOT of schools can talk about. I can name several schools that haven't played for a REGION title in 10 years

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:39 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:53 am
SF Band dad wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:09 pm
Camden.
Haha that's funny. Camden runs a decent program but you can't lose 3/4 state titles and be the best program in the state for sure.
How many schools have played for that many State Titles in the last 10 years? Getting there is still better than a LOT of schools can talk about. I can name several schools that haven't played for a REGION title in 10 years
I'm not comparing Camden to teams who haven't competed for a region title in 10 years? I would agree with you and say most programs in the state aren't good considering how many schools we have. And Camden is totally among the top-tier programs, great athletes, strong coaching, consistently.. Have more respect for them than you're making it out to be.. But they can't blanket statement be the best program in the state if they haven't won a state title in 20 years..

When we first played Camden for state in 2020 they had 7 state titles in school history and we had 5.. Flash forward 3 state titles against them, Daniel has 8 and Camden still has 7.. Truth be told I am very thankful for Camden lol
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:56 pm
I'm not comparing Camden to teams who haven't competed for a region title in 10 years? I would agree with you and say most programs in the state aren't good considering how many schools we have. And Camden is totally among the top-tier programs, great athletes, strong coaching, consistently.. Have more respect for them than you're making it out to be.. But they can't blanket statement be the best program in the state if they haven't won a state title in 20 years..

When we first played Camden for state in 2020 they had 7 state titles in school history and we had 5.. Flash forward 3 state titles against them, Daniel has 8 and Camden still has 7.. Truth be told I am very thankful for Camden lol
He asked who are the best programs in the state... and you clarified that they are among the best programs in the state... so OK.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Peacekeeper
No Team Affiliation

Post by Peacekeeper »

No mention of South Pointe, that's surprising

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:53 pm
7timechamps wrote:

He asked who are the best programs in the state... and you clarified that they are among the best programs in the state... so OK.

It’s just a miscommunication. When you ask the best teams and there’s a one team response the assumption is they’re the best. All i’m saying is not even close. Yeah they’re up there on being a solid program and that’s without a doubt but gotta win the big one to be in the conversation with the big boys.
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Well, since I can't mention My Team, LOL. I have to say say Dutch Fork of course. But...as for my pick, It is Whale Branch and their Head Coach Jerry Hatcher. Even though Whale Branch has not won a State Title in Football as of yet, The Warriors have been consistent winners in 1A and 2A. Whale Branch seems to always have a pretty good defense.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

AngryMax wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:37 pm
I fail to see how facilities contribute to the quality of the program. Many schools end up with nice facilities because of their success, but facilities don't mean excrement, outside of having bare minimums(weight room with enough weights and racks or if they don't have that, a coach flexible enough to figure out a good weight room schedule). A field to practice one. Thats about all you need. Weight room and a practice field.
I think it makes a difference
It certainly has in the case of a south Florence
It definitely looks more attractive to potential players
It’s not the key factor for sure but if team A vs team B is a push in all other categories it can come into play.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:38 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:

When you ask the best teams and there’s a one team response the assumption is they’re the best.
Gaffney..

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

mikey wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:37 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:38 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:

When you ask the best teams and there’s a one team response the assumption is they’re the best.
Gaffney..
Gaffney fans can’t follow the guidelines of the topic.
Again don’t make it about your team.
Btw your not
Coaching average
Facilities great
Consistently of winning not really by Gaffney standards
Depth of talent without recruiting where would they be
Even this year I count 4 players already that just so happen to transfer to Cherokee county LOL