Best programs in the state?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
RamFan
Westside Rams

Re: Best programs in the state?

Post by RamFan »

As far as facilities TL Hanna and Westside are all first class

Most small colleges do not have weight rooms like both of these schools as well as indoor baseball/softball buildings

All football, baseball and softball fields are turf

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:57 pm
mikey wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:37 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:38 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:53 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:56 pm
I'm not comparing Camden to teams who haven't competed for a region title in 10 years? I would agree with you and say most programs in the state aren't good considering how many schools we have. And Camden is totally among the top-tier programs, great athletes, strong coaching, consistently.. Have more respect for them than you're making it out to be.. But they can't blanket statement be the best program in the state if they haven't won a state title in 20 years..

When we first played Camden for state in 2020 they had 7 state titles in school history and we had 5.. Flash forward 3 state titles against them, Daniel has 8 and Camden still has 7.. Truth be told I am very thankful for Camden lol
He asked who are the best programs in the state... and you clarified that they are among the best programs in the state... so OK.
When you ask the best teams and there’s a one team response the assumption is they’re the best.
Gaffney..
Gaffney fans can’t follow the guidelines of the topic.

Daniel fans think they are the know all end all
Again don’t make it about your team.

I didnt

Btw your not

You ask for my opinion not yours
Coaching average

not the best,but the only staff to beat Tom Knotts in a title game

Facilities great
Consistently of winning not really by Gaffney standards not sure what you mean here.we expect to win the title every year

Depth of talent without recruiting where would they be

Just fine…QB’s want to come here because of the talent
Even this year I count 4 players already that just so happen to transfer to Cherokee county LOL

I count 3..one(wr) was born in Gaffney..lived in Gaffney the first half of his life..family moved,now they moving back..the QB for the reason above I guess…the center from Byrnes,no idea unless it was coaching…are you telling me Daniel has no transfers?

Byrnesclass2008
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Byrnesclass2008 »

I would say Hillcrest is “up and coming”
Their new HC won’t be at hillcrest long because Greenville county doesn’t care about football like other counties. He has done a great job. Their subvarsity teams are doing well, especially c and d teams. He has put together a good staff too.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Byrnesclass2008 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:50 pm
I would say Hillcrest is “up and coming”
Their new HC won’t be at hillcrest long because Greenville county doesn’t care about football like other counties. He has done a great job. Their subvarsity teams are doing well, especially c and d teams. He has put together a good staff too.
They sure do pay coaches now in the Greenville area which I'm cool with that.

Link: https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-sc ... 53206.html

Coaches now received a pay increase in salary last year.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

I would say there a few Abbeville of course. I think Clinton can be thrown in especially since the Corey Fountain take over. Northwestern and South Pointe need to be in the mix. Gaffney and Dutch Fork for the 5A programs. I wish I could say Ware Shoals but I'm realistic LOL

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:49 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:35 pm
For purposes of the discussion refrain from being a homer for your own team.
You'd have a better chance of getting Trump fans to vote Democrat than to get folks to do this...

Coaching - Dutch Fork, like him, hate him, facts are facts! He's proved what he did in Charlotte was not a one time deal.

Facilities - Spartanburg/Dorman/Gaffney are all great

backing - Gaffney when it comes to fans, they travel well, too. I've been at Gaffney and on the road with Gaffney (not Byrnes games) and they will get into the game and they will give the coaches a hand full...

Competitive level and consistently winning - Dutch Fork has played for State 83 Million times in a row (at least it seems like it)

Depth and quality of talent - you'd think Dutch Fork ( but with 24 transfers on the roster this year???) but maybe it is not "depth" like you are referring to.... I'm just saying! But it's not like they are the only team (Gaffney with 3 new QB's in 3 years, and the list goes on and on) so I don't know if there is an answer to that question.....
Well you were right about this
I don’t know why people can’t have a discussion about other teams without talking about theirs.
Thanks for playing

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:41 pm
CROSS
The subject is best programs in the state
Not best programs in the state better than Berkeley

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

mikey wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:39 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
mikey wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:56 pm
I'm not comparing Camden to teams who haven't competed for a region title in 10 years? I would agree with you and say most programs in the state aren't good considering how many schools we have. And Camden is totally among the top-tier programs, great athletes, strong coaching, consistently.. Have more respect for them than you're making it out to be.. But they can't blanket statement be the best program in the state if they haven't won a state title in 20 years..

When we first played Camden for state in 2020 they had 7 state titles in school history and we had 5.. Flash forward 3 state titles against them, Daniel has 8 and Camden still has 7.. Truth be told I am very thankful for Camden lol
He asked who are the best programs in the state... and you clarified that they are among the best programs in the state... so OK.
When you ask the best teams and there’s a one team response the assumption is they’re the best.
Gaffney..

I didnt

Btw your not

Coaching average

Facilities great
Consistently of winning not really by Gaffney standards not sure what you mean here.we expect to win the title every year

Even this year I count 4 players already that just so happen to transfer to Cherokee county LOL

I count 3..one(wr) was born in Gaffney..lived in Gaffney the first half of his life..family moved,now they moving back..the QB for the reason above I guess…the center from Byrnes,no idea unless it was coaching…are you telling me Daniel has no transfers?
No Daniel doesn’t recruit. Doesn’t have too.
They do get transfers from inside the county because Pickens county is a school choice county. Meaning anyone inside the county can go to any other county schools as long as they provide transportation.
This actually hurt Daniel in the latest realignment.
They had 75 kids that were out of zone. A majority of those were for academics due to Daniel being one of the best public schools in the state every year. Of the 75 , 80% had been in the Daniel school district since elementary school.
Does that sound like recruiting?

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:58 pm
mikey wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
mikey wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

Gaffney..

I didnt

Btw your not

Coaching average

Facilities great

They do get transfers from inside the county because Pickens county is a school choice county. Meaning anyone inside the county can go to any other county schools as long as they provide transportation.
They had 75 kids that were out of zone. A majority of those were for academics due to Daniel being one of the best public schools in the state every year. Of the 75 , 80% had been in the Daniel school district since elementary school.
I didn’t ask if Daniel recruits..I ask wether you had transfers..Gaffney doesn’t actively recruit either..

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

mikey wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:25 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:58 pm
mikey wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
mikey wrote:
7timechamps wrote:

Gaffney..

I didnt

Btw your not

Coaching average

Facilities great

I didn’t ask if Daniel recruits..I ask wether you had transfers..Gaffney doesn’t actively recruit either..

If you are counting people that came into the Daniel system in elementary school or early middle school in that sense yes.. But do high schoolers actively show up (or leave) like you're seeing all over this discussion board? Heck no.. Daniel is a small town tight knit community.. The biggest influx you'll see are coaches kids coming when their dads get hired, and leaving when they get fired or move on lol.. As Ddub mentioned we have school choice and our elementary, middle, and high school is superior not only to our district's schools but also much of the state. People school choice to our system for academics but I can show you a picture of the kids who won state all playing rec at Central-Clemson rec department in 8U

Daniel was recognized at a town hall the other night football state champs. Mayor asked them to raise their hand if they came through our town's rec department. Whole room including several coaches hands went up
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!