Union County

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Union County

Post by Ddub14 »

olguy73 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:14 pm
bringthewood wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:17 am
regardless, UC need to hire a guy that understands UC and the unique history but also the pratfalls that come with the job as it is....
What would you consider pitfalls of the job?

Also, from my experience it is never a good sign when multiple people on staff go after the job. Usually means they will go outside. If they do hire from within, the other internal candidate usually moves on.
Heard Porter applied for the job!

Sorry couldn’t resist😂

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

olguy73 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:
regardless, UC need to hire a guy that understands UC and the unique history but also the pratfalls that come with the job as it is....

Also, from my experience it is never a good sign when multiple people on staff go after the job. Usually means they will go outside. If they do hire from within, the other internal candidate usually moves on.
nothing terrible, just the typical of the mill towns that don't have an interstate

Pigskin Poet
No Team Affiliation

Post by Pigskin Poet »

When Union County had Union, Jonesville, and Lockhart there were boat loads of athletes that came through. Now it runs in cycles and the cycle for the last 3 or 4 years has been bad.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:05 pm
olguy73 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:

Sorry couldn’t resist😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pigskin Poet
No Team Affiliation

Post by Pigskin Poet »

Ddub14 wrote:
olguy73 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:

Sorry couldn’t resist😂
He actually applied for the Union County HC/Ad job in 2016. He was one of 3 finalists but they hired Bradly Adams over him.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Pigskin Poet wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:16 am
Ddub14 wrote:
olguy73 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:

Sorry couldn’t resist😂
He actually applied for the Union County HC/Ad job in 2016. He was one of 3 finalists but they hired Bradly Adams over him.
Well if they had a legitimate chance at him and didn’t hire them whoever made that decision should be fired yesterday.

PureFBFan20
No Team Affiliation

Post by PureFBFan20 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:54 pm
Pigskin Poet wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:16 am
Ddub14 wrote:
olguy73 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:

Sorry couldn’t resist😂
Well if they had a legitimate chance at him and didn’t hire them whoever made that decision should be fired yesterday.
I wouldn't hire Bradley Adams to water my grass.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Well I guarantee you that if you were hiring someone to water your grass that Adams would have applied for it. Seems as if he applied for every job in the state from the moment he took the Woodruff job.

Pigskin Poet
No Team Affiliation

Post by Pigskin Poet »

Interviews going on this week. Robinson and Little from the staff interviewing. Bryce Smiley from Gaffney also interviewed.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Pigskin Poet wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:12 pm
Interviews going on this week. Robinson and Little from the staff interviewing. Bryce Smiley from Gaffney also interviewed.
Wow…post marks me as older than I like to think…Bryce was on a opposing team when I was coaching LL..like to see him get the job..Lotta of great talents have come thru Union with Roscoe Crosby being the best athlete I have ever seen…