Union County

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Pigskin Poet
No Team Affiliation

Re: Union County

Post by Pigskin Poet »

mikey wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:34 pm
Pigskin Poet wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:12 pm
Interviews going on this week. Robinson and Little from the staff interviewing. Bryce Smiley from Gaffney also interviewed.
Wow…post marks me as older than I like to think…Bryce was on a opposing team when I was coaching LL..like to see him get the job..Lotta of great talents have come thru Union with Roscoe Crosby being the best athlete I have ever seen…
No more Roscoe Crosbys coming through. Talent level runs in cycles now, but not the talent level of Roscoe Crosby.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Pigskin Poet wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:56 am
mikey wrote:
Pigskin Poet wrote:
Interviews going on this week. Robinson and Little from the staff interviewing. Bryce Smiley from Gaffney also interviewed.
Wow…post marks me as older than I like to think…Bryce was on a opposing team when I was coaching LL..like to see him get the job..Lotta of great talents have come thru Union with Roscoe Crosby being the best athlete I have ever seen…
No more Roscoe Crosbys coming through. Talent level runs in cycles now, but not the talent level of Roscoe Crosby.
Lot more talent than just RC has come thru Union..I agree sometimes that talent on the same team runs in cycles..sometimes it’s matter of a coach walking the hallways and getting that talent on the field..

Pigskin Poet
No Team Affiliation

Post by Pigskin Poet »

mikey wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:35 pm
Pigskin Poet wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:56 am
mikey wrote:
Pigskin Poet wrote:
Lot more talent than just RC has come thru Union..I agree sometimes that talent on the same team runs in cycles..sometimes it’s matter of a coach walking the hallways and getting that talent on the field..
Agreed. If Little gets the job I think you'll see that.

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

Never wise to hire from a losing staff.

Pigskin Poet
No Team Affiliation

Post by Pigskin Poet »

Cover Three wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:16 pm
Never wise to hire from a losing staff.
One thing going for Little is this was his first year at UC. Been with Mark Hodge at Chapman and Spartanburg.

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

Was he hired as the potential replacement before the year started as has been rumored? That should have made for an uncomfortable coaches room.

Pigskin Poet
No Team Affiliation

Post by Pigskin Poet »

Cover Three wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:08 pm
Was he hired as the potential replacement before the year started as has been rumored? That should have made for an uncomfortable coaches room.
That has been rumored and yes it would.