Hey DFOLDMAN

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Hey DFOLDMAN

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

With Bill Belicheck stepping down from the Patriots...
and Nick Saban stepping down at Alabama...
Will the next announcement be coming from Irmo, SC?

Seriously, both the NFL and NCAA Coaching Carousels got kicked started yesterday and it will only get more active when a coach leaves where he is to take one of these jobs. I'm still thinking Michigan may be looking for a new coach when the new coach is introduced at the Los Angeles Chargers press conference!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Hey DFOLDMAN

Post by Ddub14 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:28 pm

Seriously, both the NFL and NCAA Coaching Carousels got kicked started yesterday and it will only get more active when a coach leaves where he is to take one of these jobs. I'm still thinking Michigan may be looking for a new coach when the new coach is introduced at the Los Angeles Chargers press conference!
Doesn’t Knotts have a kid that’s a so or freshman?
Would think he wouldn’t leave til he’s done at the school.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:18 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

rising Soph

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

bringthewood wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:01 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

rising Soph
Jaxon is a rising sophomore. Good QB, good athlete period. You can tell he is a coach's kid...doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Listening to interviews with Coach Knotts, he says he is excited about coaching Jaxon and reflected on his journey as a Silver Fox...can't remember if he was born in Irmo or if he was an infant when he took over at DF. I can remember him as a tiny ball boy running around on the sidelines. Silver Fox from the very beginning. Once Jaxon graduates, I could see TK calling it quits- that being said, he is still ultra-competitive and he is older than me. Never know. He might stick around longer, but I see him staying and seeing Jaxon through school.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/16738154/Jaxon-Knotts

Fear The Fox...

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

The NCAA is going to have to look at the early signing period and transfer portal and the effect it has on Coaches leaving, players choosing to leave or stay...

It seems to me that the way things are set up now, we have a lot of issues. I have been surprised at how fast some of these openings have been filled...

Alabama get's Washington's Coach, Washington gets Arizona's coach all in three days!

I still think Harbaugh ends up with the Chargers and the candidates they are mentioning include Brian Kelly from LSU?

As for Knotts, I think he stays at least two more years and more likely, he stays until it is no longer fun. He seems like a man who loves his job and you know what they say, "Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life". As long as he is having fun, he will be a winner and as long as he is winning, DF will let him keep on coaching. If there is a "number" he is chasing, I'm not aware of it, but Willie Varner had a bunch of State Championships, he should be getting close to that...

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:44 am
bringthewood wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:01 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

rising Soph
Jaxon is a rising sophomore. Good QB, good athlete period. You can tell he is a coach's kid...doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Listening to interviews with Coach Knotts, he says he is excited about coaching Jaxon and reflected on his journey as a Silver Fox...can't remember if he was born in Irmo or if he was an infant when he took over at DF. I can remember him as a tiny ball boy running around on the sidelines. Silver Fox from the very beginning. Once Jaxon graduates, I could see TK calling it quits- that being said, he is still ultra-competitive and he is older than me. Never know. He might stick around longer, but I see him staying and seeing Jaxon through school.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/16738154/Jaxon-Knotts

Fear The Fox...
Dang!! He looks really good. The future looks bright in DF. 8-)