Porter to Laurens

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Porter to Laurens

Post by WShornets69 »

Have a buddy who works in grounds keeping at Laurens and he called me to tell my that Porter interview yesterday. Heard they had a few coaches come in and he was one of them. Adams dean from greenwood too. Only faces he recognized. Rumor around Laurens is that Porter asked for his DC to come with him too.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Re: Porter to Laurens

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

WShornets69 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:17 am
Have a buddy who works in grounds keeping at Laurens and he called me to tell my that Porter interview yesterday. Heard they had a few coaches come in and he was one of them. Adams dean from greenwood too. Only faces he recognized. Rumor around Laurens is that Porter asked for his DC to come with him too.
Porter is the DC he is at Greenville smh my thing is if he gets the job how long will he be there he keeps bouncing around and interviewing at different schools and that's one of the things he is known for all over the upstate and in Georgia smh if we end up with a new coach at Greenville High I hope they at least let it be known we need a coach who's in it for the long haul and not there to disappoint the kids because the he want to play ping pong all over the state smh. GO RED RAIDERS

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:36 am
WShornets69 wrote:
Porter is the DC he is at Greenville smh my thing is if he gets the job how long will he be there he keeps bouncing around and interviewing at different schools and that's one of the things he is known for all over the upstate and in Georgia smh if we end up with a new coach at Greenville High I hope they at least let it be known we need a coach who's in it for the long haul and not there to disappoint the kids because the he want to play ping pong all over the state smh. GO RED RAIDERS
I didn't know he was the DC, my buddy said it was one of his defensive guys that he wrote down I figured it was the DC. I think leaving Greenville is a bad idea especially for Laurens. Laurens has nothing going for them, no good schools, no superintendent, nothing. So for Porter to leave would be mistake but he must really see something in that place.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

WShornets69 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:49 am
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
And another thing if he's not hired by Laurens and has to remain at Greenville I know for a fact the boosters that's paying him around a 100k are going to look at him as unreliable they're not going to be all in and back him like they was doing before smh my thing is if you have a good thing going sit back enjoy and be there for the long hall not run and chase every school that becomes available smh. I miss the days of old when you had coaches like Gutshall at Dorman
ot Varner at Woodruff coaches who really valued the program the kids not a flash in the pan

I didn't know he was the DC, my buddy said it was one of his defensive guys that he wrote down I figured it was the DC. I think leaving Greenville is a bad idea especially for Laurens. Laurens has nothing going for them, no good schools, no superintendent, nothing. So for Porter to leave would be mistake but he must really see something in that place.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:13 am
WShornets69 wrote:
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
And another thing if he's not hired by Laurens and has to remain at Greenville I know for a fact the boosters that's paying him around a 100k are going to look at him as unreliable they're not going to be all in and back him like they was doing before smh my thing is if you have a good thing going sit back enjoy and be there for the long hall not run and chase every school that becomes available smh. I miss the days of old when you had coaches like Gutshall at Dorman
ot Varner at Woodruff coaches who really valued the program the kids not a flash in the pan

Smh I miss the days when coaches took pride in being a good coach had loyalty to the kids and the school and when they where at the school for the long haul coaches these days lack those core values smh

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:00 am
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:

Smh I miss the days when coaches took pride in being a good coach had loyalty to the kids and the school and when they where at the school for the long haul coaches these days lack those core values smh
Kudos to you Red for recognizing that Coach porter is well know for his many attempts to go to different schools. Nothing wrong with that but it's hard to look at your kids and boosters and expect more when they're wondering if you're all in or not. The problem is Greenville county. Personally I think he's run out of kids to poach. He brought kids in from Hillcrest, Eastside, Mann and Woodmont to name a few. Look at Mann, Woodmont and Hillcrest...the kids aren't leaving. Then you have schools like Gaffney and Westside cherry picking kids. It goes on all over the place. He may see Laurens as a place to settle and build a team, maybe swipe a kid or two from Clinton and/or Greenwood or Emerald.

olguy73
No Team Affiliation

Post by olguy73 »

Porter to Laurens is starting to sound like a dead horse. How many threads of it do we need?

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:32 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:

Kudos to you Red for recognizing that Coach porter is well know for his many attempts to go to different schools. Nothing wrong with that but it's hard to look at your kids and boosters and expect more when they're wondering if you're all in or not. The problem is Greenville county. Personally I think he's run out of kids to poach. He brought kids in from Hillcrest, Eastside, Mann and Woodmont to name a few. Look at Mann, Woodmont and Hillcrest...the kids aren't leaving. Then you have schools like Gaffney and Westside cherry picking kids. It goes on all over the place. He may see Laurens as a place to settle and build a team, maybe swipe a kid or two from Clinton and/or Greenwood or Emerald.
Don’t know what to think on if he’s gone or not.
But it wouldn’t be shocking considering his history.
Let’s face it , he can get the players but he’s a mercenary when it comes to coaching.
The benefits of leaving for Laurens is he has little competition in that county . He will poach off of clinton and most likely ft inn and Hillcrest as well.
They are several programs ( Mann woodmont) that have already started to put a dent in his recruiting . In Manns case already surpassing Greenville.
If he stays he won’t have the pick of the county any longer.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:32 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:

It's nerve wreaking no longevity with him look at the other coaches from Greenville High Frost around 15yrs Sosebe almost 10yrs if he wouldn't have gotten in trouble Crane almost 7yrs before going to Seneca and they did it with teams that they built from the student body and knowing how to coach they didn't run from school to school without putting time into the kids and programs they had smh so I guess now he's going to try to take players with him if he's hired by Laurens I know the starting QB dad personally and he said he wouldn't dare let his son follow Porter to Laurens and like I said before if he's not hired by Laurens and is stuck at Greenville how is he going to look the players and boosters in the eye without them 2nd guessing him smh I mean dang put some time in at a school for once

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

olguy73 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:15 pm
Porter to Laurens is starting to sound like a dead horse. How many threads of it do we need?
that's bc it is a psy-ops campaign